Other Strollers:

Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Baby Trend jogging stoller is good value for the price point

We initially bought a jogging stroller for running after I had the baby.  Although it took me a long time to get back into running, and I rarely use it for that, I'm still glad we bought the jogger.  It is easy to store when folded in half and I can put it in the back of my car.  (Although people with smaller cars have not been able to fit it in shallow trunks.)  I've enjoyed using the jogger as my principle stroller.  With the 5-point harness, I was able to use it with a brand new baby without much concern (with the help of padding from some small quilts).  It is so light to push and makes for an easy walk.  The stroller can be easy to steer as long as the front wheel is not locked.

This is the start of my biggest complaint about the stroller.  When the wheel is not locked, the stroller can wobble from side to side and I watch my baby's head shake like crazy as I try to walk/run quickly.  But if I lock the front wheel, the wobbling stops and I lose ease of steering for a walk.  You can steer a bit easier with the wheel locked if you are running than if you are just walking.

I've had my Baby Trend Expedition for 4 years now and it's held up great through two kids.  The basket underneath provides plenty of storage, but you wouldn't want to shove your diaper bag down there.  There's also a pouch on the back of the seat that holds a few things.  The cup holders by the handle and the compartment you can close are great.

My only  other complaint would be about how you make the seat go up and recline.  You tighten a strap to pull the seat up, release it to put the seat back down.  I don't know how they could have made this easier, but it's a pain to tighten up that strap.

All in all, a great stroller for the price point.

The baby trend expedition LX jogger is good but not great

I bought the Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger for my first child back in 2009. As a young active mom I thought this jogger was a perfect lifestyle fit. The price was a bit high, but so were the prices for all the other stroller systems. I have found the jogger to be of quality for the most part. The tires and overall construction of the jogger are above satisfaction. However, I did find out the hard way that it requires a bit of maintenance. You have to air up the tires ever so often, luckily a small portable hand pump is provided and hidden in the storage basket. You also have to routinely check and sometimes tighten the bolt that holds the front tire on. Mine came loose and I was unaware of this problem. After looking into why my whole stroller would shake almost violently side to side when in motion, I found that the tire was loose and unfortunately the bearing that allows the tire to swivel had been damaged. On the up side I had purchased a product warranty and after buying a completely new jogger was reimbursed for the original. (The bearing can be purchased online at various sites) One other minor complaint I have is that the back support which can be raised to seated or lowered to an incline does not recline flat.

awesome! No need for a more expensive one!

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

The stroller really has been awesome. It is a super smooth ride. The front wheel locks and swivels which is a must so you can jog well and use it for every day use. It is SO easy to fold up and pop open and put on/take off the infant carrier. Love it. There is seriously no need to spend more money on an expensive jogger.

a lifesaver

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

This product weighs too much. Very heavy and impossible to fold or store while holding baby (two hands required). Other than that I am pretty much in love with this stroller.

Child Comfort
More cushion and lower recline would increase the comfort of babies and small children.

• Maneuverability:

Great stroller, holds up under heavy use

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

The stroller moves easily and is very easy to get baby in and out of the seat. The tray on the top is perfect for my keys and cell phone while we are out. The bottom cargo area holds the diaper bag with no issues, as well as a just-in-case umbrella. We have used this heavily both with and without the separate infant carrier. Yes, you will occasionally need to put air in the tires - but the benefit to having tires versus plastic wheels is enormous. We put air in the tires only twice in the last 20 months and it has held up well. I'm not in love with the latch that holds the stroller closed when it is collapsed (it pinched me once and now I'm really careful with it) but it does the job that it needs to do. I would highly recommend this stroller. It is a little heavier than conventional strollers, but it's only on lifting - it pushes like a dream (much more easily than conventional strollers). My husband and I have used this in many different parks (on and off of paved trails) with no complaints over the last 20 months.

A must have

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

When I first had my daughter, we started off with one of those travel system strollers. However, when we started taking her out around the city for walks, we realized it was almost impossible to maneuver it around and over bumps in the sidewalk. We made the decision to retire that stroller and upgrade to a jogging stroller. Neither my boyfriend nor I jog, but we figured that a jogging stroller would have better shocks and handle bumps better. This is the model that we went with. It was very easy to set up, and it works very well. It's like pushing nothing and turns very easily. It's also very easy to fold up and pop open when you need to use it. The one downside to it is that when it is folded up, it can take up a bit of space. If you have space for it, it's definitely a good by. But if you have a small front porch or front hallway that you would store it on, it's not for you. We've taken it on dirt roads, rocky roads, sidewalks, malls, slight snow, and it's all worked great.

• Maneuverability:

great stroller for the price

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

I really do love this stroller. The only problem I have had with it is after a while the front wheel would start wiggling (i said it was having a seizure) when i was walking at a normal pace. I called the customer service for baby trend and they immediately sent out new hardware for me to install. No charge to me. I was really impressed with how they handled it. Other than that I have had no problems with it. It is easy to open and close and rides very smoothly. This stroller will probably not fit in a small trunk as it is not very compact. The basket underneath is large so great for shopping. I live in a small town and walk to the grocery store all the time with this stroller and it works great. My son loves riding in this stroller. I have several other strollers from my oldest and my youngest does not like any of the others. The material washes well. I just hose it off and leave it in the sun to dry.

Pretty good stroller

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

We love our baby trend stroller, it has plenty of room and is perfect for trips almost anywhere. It is a bit heavy and I do wish that the seat went all the way flat for naps. It was a reasonable priced stroller for us.

Being able to lay flat would be really nice! The stroller is heavy and all though it folds down it still takes up quite a bit of space. Glad we have a minivan!

Safety
The straps could be a but wider. But we haven't had any real issues

Child Comfort
When our daughter was smaller the straps were a bit difficult to use for buckling her in

Maneuverability
There are some stores you just can't fit through! The aisles are too tight an I fin it difficult to see the front if the striker sometimes. I feel like I may run I to people. It's great on tough terrain. We do some hiking and haven't had any issues on well used paths

The tires seem to lose air pressure and the stroller didn't come with a pump. We bought one and just make sure to have it with us for long trips

• Maneuverability:

Best stroller I have EVER owned in my life!

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

I owned this stroller up until I needed a double stroller and Il oved it! It handled great, seemed comfy for my daughter and I always had people asking where I got it! I miss this stroller more than any other baby item I have ever owned!

It has a larger front tire that is actually rubber, not plastic which I think makes it ride smoother, extra cup holders and mine had a speaker port!

Safety
The harness on it was easy to adjust and fit nice and snug.

Child Comfort
My daughter always seemed very comfortable in it, nice size foot rest and leaned back far enough for a nap

Maneuverability
I cannot say enough about how easy this stroller was to control. Turned on a dime, handled well on rough terrain.

I had it for two years and when I sold it to upgrade to a double stroller, it looked amazing! Not only that but we went to the zoo (and I have pics of this!) and my husband bungee corded a cooler to the front and back of the stroller that were full of ice, drinks, lunch, etc and it handled it like a champ!

Awesome!!

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

i LOVE this stroller! it is absolutely amazing. especially with the built in speakers, that is my husbands favorite part of the whole stroller because we love music!

It folds up small enough that i can fit it perfectly in the back of my jeep and even in the trunk of my moms car!

Safety
The harness is very sturdy. My daughter does not use it anymore but when she did i knew she was always very secure.

Child Comfort
My daughter loves her stroller. She loves to kick back with her sippy cup and snack while we are cruising through the stores and she even likes that i can lean it back for her if she gets sleepy!!!

Maneuverability
I love the fact that the front wheel swivels...it makes it so much easier to turn corners in the stores and even in the tight rows of the stores in the malls

i have accidentally left this out in the rain and to my surprise there was no rust or anything! very strong materials! i wouldnt trade this stroller for any other! it is perfect!

• Maneuverability:

Very well made, very sturdy and easy to use.

Very stylish, and safe.

I love the pattern on the stroller.

Safety
I love the harness. I also have the stroller that foes with it and it fits very well and is very safe.

Child Comfort
My 6 month old has been very comfortable in it since birth. She's been in it for more than an hour at a time and been very comfy.

Maneuverability
Its a large stroller so it can be hard to use in some places.

Our stroller has been through a lot and it still looks brand new.

Love love love

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogging Stroller:

I have been using this stroller for almost 2 years and love it!!!
I love that the tires are bicycle tires and are easily replaceable if needed...
only downside is I have never been able to find a rain cover for it!!!!!
My son loves being able to lay back and relax, along with being able to have his snacks and cup
love how easy it is to fold up one handed