Other Travel Systems:

Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger

Pros

Cons

Easy to use

I researched several websites trying to find a travel system that looked good as well as made transporting our daughter easy. Personally, I LOVE this system! We have the car seat base in both of our vehicles (had to purchase the second base) and it makes it SUPER easy to get her in and out of the car as well as incredibly easy to travel around with her. The car seat snaps in easily into the base and comes out just as easily. The stroller works awesome too. It is a little wide though so getting through smaller aisles, etc. can be a little challenging but it "off-roads" well and goes over curbs and rough terrain smoothly and with ease. Overall I would highly recommend this system to anyone that is looking for everything all in one.

Cute but not very user friendly

I had registered for this item based on the ease of adjusting the carseat straps.  Had we tried the display model out more, perhaps we would have learned more about the product.  My toddler at 30 pounds makes the stroller almost impossible to manuver around corners and the wheels squeak with each push when he is in it.  The problems started long before he reached toddler stage.  The carseat carrying handle is nearly impossible to put down.  I thought it was isolated to my carseat, until I tried the display model at the store.  My daycare teacher said that she dreads seeing that carseat come in because she knows how hard it will be to lower the handle.The ease of adjusting the shoulder straps on the carseat is a wonderful asset.  With just a quick turn of the handle you can raise or lower the straps with just one hand.Over all I would not buy this product again if given the choice.

Agreat stroller for travel

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

Traveling with my granddaughter was so much easier using this stroller. Top rating from this house.

We traveled by car as well as plane and was amazed that this stroller held up with the abuse it took.

Versatility
We chose this particular model and brand of stroller as it offered more versatility than other strollers that we were comparing it to. It was super easy to set up and we loved the bright colors. It made it so much easier to spot when we had to pick it out in a wave of other strollers.

This stroller was the perfect traveling companion. It was stylish, had safety features that we hadn't even considered needing, and seemed to be quite comfortable and the storage capacity allowed us to carry extra's for the baby.

Safety
Lots of safety features were listed on this stroller and that gave us the assurance that the product was made with a concern for safety.

This stroller was handled often and by a lot of hands. We wiped it down with soap and water and was amazed how easy it was to clean and it looked great at the end of several thousands miles.

Amazing Stroller/Car Seat Combination

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

We bought this stroller in 2011 for our first daughter. It was chosen because of the large wheels and included car seat. I have to say that after many miles of traveling, it is still the best stroller I have owned. The stroller itself is great on rough terrain, and for getting up and down curbs on city streets.

We live in a rural neighborhood, and wife and I have used it for many long strolls on county roads. It rides comfortably, and is highly adjustable. The cup holder and foot rest, along with the handy cargo pouch underneath make it even better.

The car seat is highly useful in the stroller, and can be easily removed and installed on the included base in our vehicle. The base is also pretty easy to remove and install, especially if your vehicle comes equipped with the handy child seat bars near the seat belts.

That little car seat has seen thousands of miles for our first daughter, and is still in use by our second daughter, who is one year old. Although she is almost ready to grow out of it, she can still sit comfortably.

Great buy!

Extremely sturdy design. Handles great on rugged terrain.

Versatility
Easy to use and collapse for storage in a vehicle. Although it is recommended that you have either a pickup truck, SUV, or large trunk on a car because it does take up a bit of room.

It's easy to unfold and turns on a dime.

Very easy to turn and use. It comes with a handy guidebook that covers everything you would ever need to know about installing and using both the car seat and stroller.

Safety
Much more stable and sturdy than other brands of strollers. The large wheels and higher ground clearance make it easier to cross rougher terrain and to get across traffic intersections much quicker.

The canvas is easy to remove for cleaning and the plastic and coated metal structure are a breeze to clean off with a common garden hose.

• Safety:

Great for taking baby along for jogs

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

After I had my baby, I was determined to get back on track and jog at least 5 days a week. I wasn't aware at the time that the regular baby stroller I purchased while pregnant made it impossible for me to take my daughter along. After getting online and doing some research, I purchased the Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger. This stroller is absolutely amazing. Even this stroller is priced higher than most, it is worth every penny. I bought it when my daughter was only two months old and she was able to comfortably sit in the car seat while I jogged without be tossed around. She just goes to sleep and enjoys the ride. The stroller is very sturdy and doesn't disturb my baby when I'm jogging. I also love that the handle on the stroller is adjustable to fit my size. I'm tall and with my old stroller I had to hunch over to push the stroller. This stroller is a great investment, cheaper than a gym membership, and your baby or toddler gets to enjoy it also!

So Simple!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

So, I never actually used the carseat in the stroller, but it does go in and out very easily. I did use the carseat and the stroller separate though. The carseat base stays in the car and you just sit the carseat on top to "click" in and to remove you pull the release handle and lift. So simple. The stroller is simple to fold up for storing and is "clicks" in to place easily when ready to use. I recommend this set.

Easy to Use

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

I love my jogging stroller! Received it as a baby shower gift and have loved it ever since. Extremely maneuverable with only one hand which is a big deal for me, especially grocery shopping and opening doors. Careful inflating the tires though. My husband and I found ourselves with a broken inner-tube due to the metal wheel frame cutting it open from being inflated too much.

The MP3 plug-in has to be one of my favorite features. It makes that post-baby workout just all the more fun when you can blast your favorite tunes while working a sweat.

I highly recommend!

Still going strong after 2 years

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

We got this stroller as a baby shower present an it's lasted us over 2 years of hardcore use. We take frequent trips to Disneyland, hike in nearby wilderness areas often and take our dogs running up and down hills. This stroller was one of the only places baby would sleep while walking around so it was a great tool from the start. She then outgrew the infant seat so we faces her forward which was a new adventure for all of us. I have one complaint that the overhead shade isn't that great and the viewing screen flap doesn't stay open like I wanted it to. Other than that it's perfect. I love the MP3 player and singing songs with my toddler while we are cruising along. It's like a traveling party. The tires rarely go flat and are pretty good on all terrain except sand. I took this to the beach once by mistake. Don't do that. There is a lock on the front wheel to put it in jogging mode or unlock it to have a tight turning radius and it's always worked perfectly.

• Safety:

Great travel system for a great value

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

I bought this travel system for my first child. I really wanted a travel system for ease of going out. This travel system is worth every penny. The carseat is really nice. It seems to be alittle smaller than others i have seem, it doesnt seem as wide. The carseat base is super easy to install in the car and the carseats "clicks" into the stroller with great ease. The stroller is very lightweight and moves smoothly. I wouldnt recommend this for hardcore joggers, it is alittle heavy, but for walks its great. The strollers collaspes down very easily and fits great in the car, not too huge. Love the cup holders by the handle and the two on the lap bar also. Great for putting snacks and sippy cups. This travel system has great color combos. I have thr black gray and red. Very sharp looking. I looked at other travel systems but couldnt justify the price. The baby trend travel system is a great value. Sometimes i am leary when things are cheaper but this was has quality to back it up. I would definetly recommend this travel system to any mom.

Worst purchase ever

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

This was the single worst product I purchased for my baby. The car seat is pain. You have to hold the two bottom pieces together like a puzzle while trying to snap them into the bottom clip. That's nearly impossible with a grumpy squirming baby. We took the seat to the fire station so they could install it correctly and they said they hate this brand. It's nearly impossible to install it safely because the base doesn't stay adjusted to the correct height. Also, the jogging stroller will only fit in an SUV, not a sedan.

Safety
The fire station tried to install it for us. Took about an hour and they told us how this is the worst brand for installing a car seat safely. As soon as you get the base adjusted to the right height, you have to press down on the car seat to get the latch adjusted snugly, but you do that by pressing down on the seat and then the base drops. It's a never ending cycle.

Best Stroller

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

We bought this stroller for our second child and it has been wonderful. High quality product that transitions with the baby. It isn't the fanciest stroller out there but we have been more than pleased for the price. We love how easy the car seat snaps securely into the stroller base. And how easily the stroller is to maneuver no matter what terrain you are driving it on pavement, grass/ dirt, sand, or rocky gravel.
It is fairly easy to fold up and pop back up. However, I do find it bulky. I wish it would fold more compact.
The fabric holds up well to spills and messes, it also wipes up very nice.
I find the product and car seat easy to use, however somewhat bulky, the straps are easy to adjust. There is plenty of storage space underneath the seat, two cup holders and also a small compartment that snaps shut ( that I find it convenient to store my cell phone for easy use).
I would highly recommend this stroller to anyone in the market. I myself am not a jogger, but we often do take hikes in the park and find it very easy to do so with this product.
The tray snaps in and unhooks easily which makes it that much easier to get the baby/ toddler out of the stroller.

great travel system!

Comments about Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Jogger:

This is my second time around using this system. Both the car seat and stroller are wonderful. The seat comes with a small insert for the head which was very useful. I also like the triangle handle. My only complaint is that i don't like connecting the 2 strap buckles to make one in order to buckle the baby in. It can sometimes be hard. The stroller is great and goes everywhere. My fiancée wanted this becausevof the air wheels. It makes for easier movement. Fold up is also easy. I got this in 2011 and just put air in for the first time this summer. Using the system for second child now!

Very durable. Using it for the second child now and not a problem!

Easy to use. The seat snaps in easily to the base and the stroller. The release handle makes it easy to take in and out, located at the front of the seat.

Safety
Very safe. I have never had an issue with safety. Both the car seat and stroller have 5 point harnesses.

The fabric is easy to clean.on the stroller and on the seat.