Other Solid Feedings:
Baby Safe
Baby Safe Feeder

Baby Safe Feeder

Baby safe feeder is a great idea

from Silverton, OR

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

I really think the baby safe feeder is a great idea. I let my daughter use it when she had no teeth and was experiencing food for the first time. She had a blast with it. I put frozen bananas, strawberries. or blueberries in to help her when she was teething. I was soo happy that she would be able to get to try foods while not having to worry about her choking. I wish these were around when my boys were younger, because I have had a choking baby...Quiet scary!

The baby safe feeder was very easy to clean and was very reasonably priced. I would recommend getting a few of these so you can toggle between uses. They are a product I think every parent should have. This product can help in many ways. There are many creative uses for it. And the number one reason is to help reduce choking hazard for your little one. They are well worth keeping safe. Try this product. I am sure you will not be disapointed.

Safe for solid foods

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

I love the baby safe feeder, I bought the starter kit and it came with two feeders and 2 extra feeding nets, perfect to get started. This Baby Safe Feeder is very easy to use. Just unscrew the top, place the safe feeder net in there, place what ever you want your baby to chew on, screw the cap back on and give it to your baby! Its super easy. Its great for putting cold and frozen fruits and veggies in there for your little one to chew on when thier teething. I ususally put frozen fruits like bananas or apples in it and let me son go at it. The handle is great for little hand. And it doesn't get cold if you put frozen food in it. The only thing I don't like is that its very difficult to clean. The directions say to use a toothbrush to brush out the food left in there, but it is still hard to get it clean. I would say it would be easier to clean right when they are done using it, dont wait to wash it.  I do have to warn you though it can get very messy.

Great for Introducing Foods!

from Sykesville, MD

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

I first started using these with my daughter when she was about 5 months old, with a few teeth, and quickly recommended them to friends with small children as well.  They're great for introducing new foods that kids aren't quite ready to chew up yet - things like apples, avocados, and even peaches.  She absolutely loved it, even if she'd hold it upside down half the time and chew on the handle.  Multipurpose product, I suppose.  But it's also nice to put frozen or partially frozen foods in there to help her with teething.  When she was at her most miserable, chewing on something seemed to help, particularly something cold.  A lot of people recommended a cold washcloth, but that just didn't do it.  This did.

It is a limited use product though.  At least, it was for me.  My daughter quickly gained a few teeth and this product became unnecessary probably by 9 or 10 months of age.  They are practically impossible to clean and it's hard to find replacement netting in the store.  I think if you can one like the Sassy product, in store, then I would go with that since it's similar.  But the concept is a good one!

Baby safe feeder didn't impress me

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

I got one of these at my baby shower and was excited about using it when my baby was old enough because I had heard such good things, but we only tried to use it a few times before we gave up on the whole idea. My baby did not care for it at all. I tried it with fresh fruit, and with some frozen fruits when she was teething. She was not very excited about either. One thing that really bugged me is that after I washed it, some of the soap must have stayed in the netting, and I couldn't get it out, because the net then on tasted like soap. No one wants to suck on a soapy netting surrounding fruit. Gross. On top of that, I don't know what this thing is made of, but I started to get skeeved out when I thought that my baby might be sucking on something that has weird chemicals in it, unbeknownst to me. Also, the fruit stained the netting. And the little bubble that is supposed to get cold in the fridge/freezer and keep the fruit cold did not work as far as I could tell.

Great idea!

from Shelbyville, KY

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

We received one of these for a gift. I was at first confused if I would really use it, but it is great!   It has been perfect for teething. We place frozen fruit in it and baby can chew and gum it and we don't have to worry about him choking on anything.   It is a great way to expose baby to fresh fruits and foods early on without having concern.   It can be a little messy as the fruit thaws and juice oozes out, but we feel it is worth the mess for him to be able to eat these new foods.   It is a little hard to get completely clean, but we have been able to as long as we clean it right away.  Makes a cute small gift for a new mom.  Nice for travel since it is so compact.  We will probably continue to use it until our baby has more teeth and can chew food properly!  Great idea and very useful!  Whoever thought if it is really smart!  Have told friends about it and will give as gifts.

Great for first foods

from Tarpon Springs, FL

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

These were awesome for feeding my little one new foods. We'd bring them on the go, and put a slice of apple in them, bannana, avocado, great with a frozen grape for teething. They were awesome, and you know what your little one is getting. The mesh makes it so that you don't have to worry about choking on bites that are to big.  I bought mine at onestepahead.com.  The only con is that if you don't clean them right away, the food turns brown and stains them.  This is a pain if you are out and about.  That won't stop me from using them again this time around.

Safe way to give infants solid foods.

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Baby Safe Feeder:

The Baby Safe Feeder was invented by a father whose baby almost died from chocking on a biscuit. It's simple to use, just unscrew the top/handle, put whatever you want baby to have into the little mesh bag, replace the top, and you're ready to go.  The handle is small enough for a baby to grasp easily by themselves. We gave out son a lot of fresh fruit using this. He was able to suck and chew on it and get the juices while we didn't have to worry about him chocking on a piece.These are also great for teething. I'd put an ice-cube in the bag and let my son chew on it to sooth his gums.The entire thing is washable, either by hand or in the dishwasher. When the little net bags start to either show signs of wear or won't come clean, you just throw the net part away - I found 4-pack refills for them.