Other Baby Foods:

Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits

Pros

Cons

Baby Mum Mums Are Great Teething Biscuits

My grandson uses these to help in the teething process and this Baby Mum Mums is terrific not only for that purpose, but are good for them as well. Made for babys and a seperate kind for toddlers as well, these have a good taste for the little ones and they dissolve quickly. A box this size of 1.76 ounces contains 12 of these Rice Rusks. A serving is considered to be 4 rusks. These are packed fresh individually and they are also in a bag to hold them all together in the box.

These are given in the Orient to babies as a first snack and you can give these to your little one once they are eating their first solid foods.

**These are baked snacks with no preservatives**, **no artifical colors or flavors.**

**Gluten free, Egg free and Peanut free.**

There is no fats, no fiber and no trans fats in these rice crackers.Only 1 gram of sugar, 25 mgs of sodium and 7 grams of carbohydrates in these.

**May contain traces of milk.**

**Ingredients: **Japonica rice, Potato starch, sugar and salt.

Product of China.

Mum-Mums are just okay

Mum-Mums are one of the first products I tried when my son was teething. I had heard a lot about this product and decided I would try it because everyone I know seems to love them. I wasn't too impressed though. Don't get me wrong, this is a great product, but I'm always worried about young children choking on them. They dissolve easily after they've been gnawed on for a little while, but the shape of the mum-mums just make me nervous. They're not small like other teething foods, like fruit puffs of similar products. They're instead a little larger, which I suppose is so children can grip them easier. They're also not messy or expensive, which is a big plus. I've only bought mum-mums a few times because there are better products out there. This one also seems kind of bland. As far as I know they don't come in any flavors, and can get boring if you give them to your child too often. They also aren't too messy, but are sticky.

My kids loved these when they were babies!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

When my kids were just little guys they loved these rice biscuits. They liked the plain ones and the vegetable ones. Many times there were a pack of these in the diaper bag or my purse. They are a good price and easy to take around with you. They were a good baby snack food. I would definitely use these again. They are easy for babies to hold onto and to eat. They get soft in a short amount of time and I didn't have many problems with my babies choking on them. You can also break these really easy into smaller pieces. They are thin and good for babies that are teething. I would use these again and recommend them.

Quality of Ingredients
There wasn't anything that bad in these. There wasn't much to these, but babies love them.

Safety
I can see how a baby would choke from time to time on these, but I didn't really have problems with that. They go soft pretty fast, which makes them go down easier. If you do have any problems then you could always break them up into smaller pieces.

• Safety:

Great product but terrible flavor!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

I've given Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits to all three of my children when they were babies. They seem to love the surfboard shape and I love that they dissolve so quickly, seriously reducing the chance of chocking. I've tried the different flavors with my children too. All of them were well-accepted, except the vegetable flavor. All three of my kids initially accepted it with familiar enthusiasm, but immediately rejected it as soon as it got into their mouth. I tried it myself and it's easy to see why: The vegetable flavor is terrible. Some children may enjoy it though, or they obviously wouldn't offer it. Regardless, I rate them highly because I love the high quality ingredients they use. I don't recommend Baby Mummy's for use as a travel snack though. They break and crumble ridiculously easily if they get even slightly smashed. I mean crumble to dust! Keep them in their box in the kitchen cabinet though. Fast, easy and convenient!

Baby Mum-Mum's

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

These are really good for teething babies or to start teaching your little one to feed themselves. They are big enough for a babies little hands to grip and get in their mouths. They have very little taste though and are not filling so not the best for a snack to satisfy hunger. They dissolve in babies saliva pretty quickly so be prepared for a big mess. Overall I like this to help with teething and just to give baby something to do when I cook.

Quality of Ingredients
The seem to be of high quality. They are very fresh when you open them up and they are individually wrapped so they will stay fresh for a while.

Safety
While these do dissolve in saliva fairly quickly it is still possible for your baby to stick it too far into his/her mouth and choke. Several times my child got it too far down their throat or a piece broke off and got stuck. They do dissolve quickly so I'm sure any pieces that got stuck would dissolve and problem would be solved but I always got it out for them.

• Safety:

Great for first holding food for Baby

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

All three of my children have loved these. I love that they dissolve very easily, and I am not worried about my babies chocking on them. This is a great fist food for babies to hold and eat themselves, still with proper supervision of course. My husband calls them surf boards because of there shape, it is a great shape for babies to grasp at a young age, I would break one in half when my little ones first started eating them, and they are still great for little hands to grasp. There are very few ingredients, which is great for young babies, and they really seem to taste good.

Quality of Ingredients
These have very few ingredients which is great for so many reasons, but especially for small babies. They taste good, and the dissolve easily for little ones that are still learning to chew. Great on all fronts.

Safety
Dissolves easily for babies still learning to eat. Great size and shape for babies to hold in their little hands. Very safe for little guys just starting out eating, but of course, they must be properly supervised while eating.

• Safety:

Great on the go snack for a baby just staring solids

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

My son first tried this product when he was 6-7 months old and he loved it. I kind of think of this product as baby junk food. It is not necessarily the most nutritious, but he loved them. These worked very well when we would go out to eat. When we would get our food, we would give our son a Baby Mum-Mum. It would keep him occupied for awhile so we could get some time to eat our food without having to entertain him. They are very travel friendly and not messy. They are a good food to keep in the diaper bag just in case you need them. Around 9-10 months, he lost interest in these. By then he had grown to like more adult food with more distinct flavors. I would use them again with our next child.

Quality of Ingredients
There isn't a whole lot of nutritional value in this product. You can get many more nutrients with pureed baby food. I don't feel that this product is harmful, but I wouldn't feed them to my child on a regular basis. I think they are better suited as an occasional snack or fun food.

Safety
I felt very comfortable feeding these to my son. They dissolve very easily when put in a child's mouth. It would be difficult for a child to choke on these.

LIFE SAVERS

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

I absolutely love baby mum mums! My baby boy is a handful and a half, and extremely attached to me. I can hardly ever set him down. UNLESS I give him a baby mum mum. He would eat the whole box in one sitting if I let him. Of course I don't, but I don't know what I would do without them. They are the only way I ever get any peace. I would definitely recommend them.

• Safety:

This is a good snack when out and about

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

I have a little niece who love this Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits. I introduced her to this product once when we went out and she kept crying but would not accept taking bottle milk nor breast milk. Since she was still very young, I bought this product because my little girl use to like it a lot. Since then, it has become a steady snack for her. Right now she knows this snack so well that she knows where it is kept at home, and would show it to you whenever she wants to eat it. Most often when we are going out, we always make sure to have some in her diaper bag. Whenever she has this snack on her hand,she would hardly cry. All she does when she is eating this snack is to play by her self and would only come to you when she is out of her snack. This biscuit is soft and easy for babies to chew on even withouth teeth. All your baby needs to do is to suck on it. It is also not heavy for young baby to eat. I dont know much about the nutritional content because I have not taken time to read it, but I gues it must have good nutritional values because I know my sister must have checked it since she is very picky with whatever she gives her baby.

A hit or a miss

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

My daughter was never really a fan of these but I love that they are a healthy finger food for babies starting to feed themselves and even later on. I have seen other babies that absolutely loved these. There are three flavors that I know of, banana, vegetable and original. We tried the vegetables ones hoping to get more veggies in our daughters diet but she wasn't excited about them. The originals were okay for her but still not a huge hit. We had better luck with cheerio sized snacks. If this company made snacks that were a smaller size, I would be more likely to try them again.

Quality of Ingredients
These are made with real ingredients that provide the baby with the nutrition that they need. It can be hard to find snack foods for a baby that are still healthy and nutritious.

Safety
Sometimes my daughter would get pieces that were a little too big for her to handle but most of the time the biscuits break down into pieces of mush from the baby sucking and nibbling on.

• Safety:

Baby biscuits to help with learning to chew.

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

My baby loves these. He eats them up and because they are large they are easy for him to handle. However, they can get a little messy.

Quality of Ingredients
My son loves them and they easily dissolve in this mouth.

Safety
Sometimes large chunks break off and he did get some of it caught in his throat when he was littler.

• Safety:

Great for teething babies.

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits:

I really like these baby mum-mum rice biscuits because they are great for babies who are teething. They have good ingredients in them for the baby. There are no extra dyes in them and they have mostly natural ingredients. There is rice in these biscuits which are great for babies with upset stomachs or irregular bowel movements. I really like these baby rice biscuits too because they are extremely safe for the baby. They are made big so your bay can not shove the whole thing in their mouth. These biscuits are hard, so it feels goo don the babies gums. The pieces do not break off, but they get mushy so they just slide right down your babies throat. I really likes these a lot because they are good for travel. I can give one of these to my baby while we are out at dinner waiting on food and she is perfectly content. She will sit there and chew on it for a while. I like these a lot too becuase you do not need to give your baby more than one at a time.