Other Baby Foods:

Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks

Pros

Cons

Convenient and Tasty First Finger Food for Baby

Baby Mum-Mum Rice Rusks and the little puffs were the first finger foods we gave our son. He seemed to enjoy the Mum-Mums more at first. They dissolve even faster than puffs so they felt a little safer. The rice rusks were easy for him to hold when he was just learning to pick things up. I would only give him a third or a half of a rice rusk at first otherwise he would bite off too much at one time. Also, if he dropped it, there wouldn’t be as much lost, because these are kind of expensive. I like that they are individually packaged with two in each package so they are easy to take along in my purse or diaper bag. Because they create pretty much no mess, I don’t mind giving them to him in a store or the pediatrician’s office. Our son now has several teeth and has moved on to snacking on things like cereal and crackers, but I still always keep some Mum-Mums on hand for when he gets hungry. They hold him over without spoiling his appetite for the next meal. They’re especially great for in the car because I can just reach back and give him a Mum-Mum (while I’m sitting in the passenger seat, of course). They taste pretty good, too. Our favorite is the banana flavored, but the original are pretty good too, if a little bland. My biggest complaint about Baby Mum-Mums, other than the somewhat high price, is that they are a little hard to find. I only know of a few stores that sell them and they often run out. I just make sure to pick up a few boxes any time we’re somewhere that sells them, otherwise I’d have to order them online. Also, they don’t seem to have much nutritional value. There isn’t really anything bad in them either, so I think it’s a good snack. Baby Mum-Mum Rice Rusks don’t seem to get a lot of publicity, but I think every parent of a baby should know about them and give them a try.

Too boring for my daughter.

The Mum Mum rice rusks are the only "baby food" that I gave I to buying with my daughter. I knew other moms that swore by them so they had to be good, right? No. Maybe it's because I never gave my daughter purees or baby food- we just started giving her whatever we were eating when she turned 6 months- but she had no interest in eating these. She likes food that has flavor and substance, and these bland, airy wafers have neither.

Quality of Ingredients
The MumMum rice rusks are made of just rice. Rice alone has no real nutritional value. If you feed these to your child I would absolutely just consider them "filler"- make sure they are getting enough nutrients and vitamins from the other food that they are eating.

Safety
I think the only real positive to these rice rusks are that they are incredibly safe. They dissolve the second they touch saliva or any other moisture so I don't think that it would be possible for a baby to choke on them. They are mostly air, so when they absorb moisture they shrink down to nothing, rather than expanding.

A great snack for little ones!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

I really liked these original rice rusks when my kids were babies. I remember using them a lot. There was always a pack in my purse or the diaper bag. They are great for on the go or travelling. They come in handy in between meals. These are a good size for baby hands. They are easy to hold and a good oval shape. I was worried about choking at first, but these rice snacks got soft pretty quickly and went down easily. If you are worried about choking then you can break them up into little pieces. You can find these in a lot of places and at a good price. If I have another baby I would use these again. They came in very handy and babies love them!

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in these are pretty good.

Safety
I think that these are pretty safe. If you think that your baby might choke on these then I would watch them when they are eating these. You can also break these into little pieces easily. When my kids were babies they liked holding onto the whole piece and did not have any problems with choking.

• Safety:

Too boring for my daughter.

from Voorhees, NJ

• Safety:

Safer and healthier than expected.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

When another mom recommended Baby Mum-Mum Original Rice Husks, I was a little skeptical so I went online and did my research. I was concerned about the quality of ingredients used because they're Taiwanese owned and made in China. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that all of their flavors (even the non-organic) are made with Japonica rice, which is GMO-FREE and ground in-house. Pricey stuff and very high quality! The fact that my baby loved it is just an added bonus. They melted extremely fast in my mouth so I knew Baby Mum-Mums would make an excellent first solid food because there's a much lower choke risk than most foods. My son dove right in too, munching on that little white surfboard! My only complaint is how fragile they are. These are definitely not diaper bag-friendly snacks because they crumble to dust if they get squished. And God forbid those individual plastic wrappers pop open because it happened to me and I didn't enjoy vacuuming that dust out of the diaper bag!

• Safety:

Baby Mum Mum Rice Rusks Rock!

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

I found these browsing the baby food aisle one day and was excited to find something advertised as quickly dissolving for infants. My little one wasn't ready for the Gerber ones at this point because he wasn't yet crawling. So I figured this would be worth a try! I'm so glad I found them because they are awesome! We feed our little one during our dinner time and after he's done with his fruits and veggies, we give him a rusk! This allows us a few extra minutes to eat our meal! He really likes the original flavor and the banana flavored rusks. They are awesome plus he enjoys feeding himself! The only thing he doesn't like is if they stick to his hands...he tries to eat them sometimes without using his hands which is comical but doesn't quite work :-)

Quality of Ingredients
They are not made with anything that us harmful or any extra chemicals or additives.

Safety
I haven't had any problem with them and my little one likes to put them in his mouth himself. Obviously he eats these in his high chair under our supervision but still there have not been any reasons for me to believe they're unsafe.

• Safety:

My son loves these for a nightly snack

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

Mum-mums are the perfect snack for my son. While he's in his walker I'll hand him his first one and he starts to eat it. They are easy for him to hold, the break down easy ( since he just starting getting his teeth), and he seems to like the taste and texture. Unlike most baby crackers I've come across that get mushy and make a mess everywhere, these almost stay spongey, so they can gum ( or chew ) them easy, without making a mess. They are also perfect to stick in the diaper bag and take on the go!

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in the mum-mums are great. They don't have anything unhealthy for him and he loves them. With the ingredients they use it also allows the mum-mums to break up for the child easy, without getting slobbery and making a sticky mess.

Safety
The safety for these are over-all pretty good. The ingredients allow the mum-mums to break up with minimal amount of saliva. They do break into pieces though, but they do mush up pretty quick. The larger size is good for starting off younger kids, they are easier to hold and wont choke on them,

Awesome

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

My daughter loved these and so did I! These were one of the first "snacks" my daughter had when she was younger and I would recommend them to anyone with a little one. I even liked them! They dissolve very quickly which makes them safer for babies and prevents choking.

Convenient and Tasty First Finger Food for Baby

from Franklin, TN

my baby loves mum-mum

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Original Rice Rusks are great for babies and toddlers. I started giving them to my son at about 6 months. He LOVED them! I never want him to have too many of these baby snacks because I am concerned about sodium and sugar content. But then I tasted Baby Mum-mum. It tastes like nothing and doesn't have a high sugar or sodium content. Plus, my son loved them and the independence of finger foods. The only con is that they can get messy. Not a great treat if he is dressed to go somewhere or to eat in the car or on the go. It gets very sticky and messy when wet. But if we're relaxing at home, it was a great treat for him. He loves them even though their tasteless. As he gets older, he's now 11 months, their not as exciting (not enough flavor I guess, but he still enjoys eating them), but at a younger age they were his favorite. They dissolved easily too, so he never got choked on them. Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Rice Rusks are great first finger food for babies.

• Safety:

mum mums are bland, tasteless

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

I heard about mum mums from a mommy friend and decided to buy a box when my son was old enough to try them out. I was drawn to the fact that they dissolve easily; I was wary about my son's chewing abilities, so it was nice not to have to worry about him really choking on these. They were a good shape for my son to hold and came in handy wrapped packs that I could just throw into my purse for trips. Unfortunately, they are extremely bland and tasteless. My son might as well be chewing on dissolvable cardboard. He looked disgusted when he tried them and just throws them around when I offer them now. I tried them and can't blame him. They also have virtually no nutritional value, so it's kind of a waste to me. My son barely eats as it is, so I don't really want him wasting his time on a snack that won't give him needed calories, vitamins, or minerals. I don't plan to buy these again for my son or for my next child.

Mum Mums are AMAZING!

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Baby Mum-Mum Hot Kid Orig Rice Rusks:

I saw these int he store once and thought they looked weird, so I didn't buy them. Later i was reading on a Babycenter that a bunch of babies loved Mum Mums, so I decided to give them a try. I was SHOCKED when I handed this wafer rice cake to my little boy that he gobbled it up so fast I could barely blink and it was gone! I was so surprised! I decided to give it a taste and to be honest it doesn't have much flavor, but my baby loves them! They are great because they aren't messy, and barely ever do I have to pick up crumbs from them I guess because of their texture. My abby can go through 3 bars a day, but I am more than happy to give them to him since they have barely any sugar and they are healthy!