3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

will use this baby lotion only

my kids have been using Baby Magic Calming Baby Lotion for more than 3 years.  It is the bottle with purple cap and purple color in front.   I love this product.  The smell is amazing, it stays on skin forever and smell nicely soft.  It is Hyproallergenic; is a rich and creamy lotion enriched with vitamins and aloe to help soften baby delicate skin.  The calming aromatherapy scents of lavender and chamomille helps smooth and relax the baby.  It is not too thick like Huggies, so it does not leave greasy heavy feeling on, I have tried Huggies, Gerber lotions before but i still go back to this Baby Magic Calming Lotion.  The scent is not over powering.  It is moisturizing enough for my kid's skin.  Sometimes my baby has a little skin cut or skin tearing, i apply this lotion on more often through out the day and her skin heals after a few days.  That is how amazing this product is.  I think i am at the 10th bottle by now although i  bought the big size 30 fl. oz. For two kids it sure goes fast.

Be sure you like the Baby Magic scent before buying.

I would first like to say that I don't have a problem with the quality of this product.  I felt that it moisturized my son's skin sufficiently, went on smoothly, dried appropriately, didn't feel greasy, etc.

My problem was THE SMELL!  It does NOT smell like a baby to me.  In fact, I thought it smelled like men's cologne - which is NOT what I want my baby to smell like!  I also get migraines from certain scents, and this is one of them, so I actually had to wash it off of my son pretty quick after putting it on him, because I couldn't get past the smell.  I am pretty sure it is just me, because it didn't bother my husband this way at all.  He did say it wasn't it favorite, but it was at least tolerable for him, and I have a couple of friends who swear by it.

My recommendation to all the mothers out there would be to just smell the scent in the store BEFORE buying this.  And if you get it as a gift (which is how I acquired my EXTRA LARGE bottle prior to sampling it), open it immediately and see if you like the smell.  If you can't, maybe you can exchange it somewhere, or give it to a friend.

I have been using this product for years!

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I have been using this product religiously for years and I am still very pleased.

This lotion doesn't keep skin moisturized for long, I have to reapply multiple times a day and at the cost of each bottle, I can't afford to be doing that.

The scent has changed slightly over the years, but it still smells great. The scent is what has kept hooked over the years!

Absorption
This lotion absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue.

• Absorption:

So far removed from the original that it's pathetic

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I've been a user for 42 years and now this product bears no resemblance to the original in either color or scent.

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT EFFECTIVE! The effect I've always loved about the ORIGINAL BABY MAGIC is the fresh scent that lingered all day. I used this on my children, exclusively, and have used it on 9 grandchildren. People would literally stop and smell my children and comment how they caught the "heavenly scent" and would want to know what it was.

There is virtually no scent when compared to the original of 42 years, or even 15 years ago!!

Absorption
Too thick, therefore doesn't absorb very fast.

great

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

The product has definitely changed, I feel there is a lot more water added to the product. It also has a slightly different smell!!! Anyone who has not used the product for over 30 years would not know the difference.

It goes on smooth, but the smell disappears immediately.

I would prefer the original baby magic!!! Thank You

Absorption
In this area, I have no complaints

• Absorption:

Great lotion. Made in the USA!

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

This lotion is honestly equivalent to Johnson's. The scent is great and it leaves my baby's skin soft and smooth. She loves being rubbed with lotion, and it lasts! The big difference between the products is this is Made in the USA. Based on that alone, I would recommend it any day over Johnsons.

I love this product!

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I love this lotion. The smell is just great! I use this myself as well as with my baby girl. It moisturizes our skin very well and is gentle on my daughter's skin. This lotion is used everyday in our household. The price is reasonable, they also have other scents that I also use from the baby magic brand. I talked about this lotion with my best friend and now I have her buying this brand for herself and her children. It is just a great product all the way round to me. Will continue to buy forever! Hope this review helps.

It is very effective in moisturizing your skin.

Love, love, just love the scent of this lotion!

It absorbs very well.

• Absorption:

Smells great and leaves babys skin soft!

from Athens, TN

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I love the smell of baby magic baby lotion.. I have used it with all three of my kids.. Before my 17 month old wa born I had a hard time finding it though since my walmart does not sell it..I actually found the giant bottle on sale with a bonus bottle of lotion for buy one get one free at toys r us just before my baby was born and I bought a total of 4 of them and still have one and a half bottles left that I still use on her...I like the smell of baby magic alot better than other baby lotions and it is not irritating or cause my dauhter to break out because she has very sensitive skin and alot of other do break her out...The big bottle of baby magic baby lotion is a wonderful value because like i said it seems like it lasts forever and it has a pump that you push and it gives you the perfect amount and it is not messy...I would recomend this to anyone expecting a baby or any new mother as in my opinoin it is the best...A++++

Absorption
It does not leave babys skin feeling greasy, it makes it feel soft instead..

Baby Magic Gentle Baby lotion review

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

**I give this one star because this formula has definitely changed. I recently bought a bottle expecting the baby magic formula I've known for years and was highly disappointed. The baby lotion smells really musky and strong not something I would want to put on my baby/toddler or myself for that matter. It also seems a little watery/runny. I don't know when they changed their fragrance or formula but, I wish they'd change it back. The musky smell lingers for hours and it's overwhelming. Price is pretty average but I definitely wouldn't buy it again till they switch back to what they used to make. Sorry to sound so harsh but I want my baby/toddler to smell clean, and soft and gentle, not musky like they put on too much cologne! **

Love Baby Magic Lotion!

from Sanborn, IA

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I used Baby Magic Original Scent lotion on my older children. I was disappointed when they no longer had the original scent available but very excited when the brought it back in time for my baby! I love this lotion! Not only does it smell good, it makes my baby's skin so soft and smooth. I rub him in completely from head to toe after bathtime. I find that Baby Magic lotion soaks in without leaving a greasy/slippery baby afterwards but leaves the scent behind and the scent lasts for a long time. I use the Baby Magic lotion along with the Baby Magic baby wash in the original scent and found that they work really well together. I have never bought a different brand of lotion for my babies and I don't plan on it either - this lotion is a keeper!

Not the best baby lotion

from Level Plains, AL

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I received a bottle of Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion from a friend as gift at my baby shower. I recentally used this product on my newborn after her bath, and I don't think I will ever use it again. It says that it is suppose to be baby scented, but I personally think that is has more of a strong perfume smell. It actually started to give me a headache, so I could only imagine what it smelled like to my daughter. It was not to greasy, but it also didn't absorb into her skin very fast. The worst part of using this lotion on my daughter was the little red bumps that she developed all over her skin. I don't know if she was allergic to something in the lotion itself, or if her skin was just too sensitive to the lotion, but I will no longer be using this lotion on her. I would recommend to anyone that plans on trying this particular lotion, that they buy a small trial size bottle and try it first. That way if they don't like it they won't be spending the money one a full size bottle.

The scent is amazing.

from Xenia, OH

Comments about Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby Scent:

I love Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion, Baby scent. I used to use a different baby lotion and then it was discontinued. I was looking for a lotion that was gentle enough for my sensitive skin and could be used by my whole family.I bought a few different lotions before finding this one.This lotion is just what the name suggest .It is a very gentle lotion.It also truly does smell like a newborn baby to me.I absolutely love the smell of this lotion.This lotion is non greasy and fast absorbing.This lotion does a good job at  making dry skin feel soft again.Most of the other baby lotions on the market are just not strong enough to tackle adult dry skin. My whole family can use this lotion even my children.I also like how inexpensive this lotion is and that I can find it in most any store. I would recommend this lotion for adults as well as children.it will make your skin really soft with the first use.