Other Baby Gyms & Playmats:
Baby Einstein
Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym

Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym

Wonderful play gym that will last!

On the list of every expecting mother is some sort of play gym or mat that their child can use for tummy time, play time, and even an impromptu naptime! When looking for a mat for my son, I wanted something durable, customizable, and educational.

Most gyms on the market are fairly durable, as they have to withstand lots of drool, and even some accidents! One of the downsides to this durability is that nearly all gyms are made of a "slippery" fabric-- for easy cleanup, of course. The "slippery" nature of the Baby Neptune gym is the only real downside in my opinion-- and since it is a common downside to all products available on the market, certainly not a dealbreaker.

The gym comes with lots of toys, and even a musical attachment that can either be used on the gym or in the crib! We've found that our son really loves listening to it--even more than he does playing-- so we've chosen to separate it from the gym and use it in his crib. Another favorite are the flaps on the mat which reveal a photograph of an animal that matches its cartoon counterpart.

There are many educational benefits to this gym over another-- the primary being that it encompasses a variety of toys for every developmental milestone. From the most basic-- the whale that helps during tummy time-- to the mirror which encourages social development.

And one of the best parts? It all folds up for easy storage!

Fun, but lacking

We bought this item for my daughter when she was a baby, but she did not enjoy it very much.  She did not enjoy "tummy time" at all, and so all of the toys that require baby to be on her belly did not interest her.  There is not much for baby enjoy on her back, though.  Even the mirror and music player are awkwardly positioned so baby cannot really see them when on tummy or back.  Thankfully, both of those items are removable, and so she was able to enjoy them off of the gym.  We attached the mirror to her stroller and would take the music player in the car with us for long trips.  The concept is great.  The pillow is too fluffy for her to use - either on belly or back.  I wish it was a little less poofy so she could have used it.  It is easy to wash, which is great, and easy to store, it folds up nicely.  We just had another baby and are excited to see if she'll enjoy it more than our first.  The toy was a bit pricey, and so I would recommend borrowing a friends or trying another one first before making such a large purchase.

My baby loved this up to 6 months of age.

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

This toy was her first favorite play thing. She enjoyed kicking and batting at the hanging octopus (and putting her foot in it's loop every time). The music is enjoyable too. There's nothing particularly educational about it, it's just a good toy for baby to practice using their hands and feet, and rolling. The actual toys that come with the mat aren't great. They are very cheap in quality. The circles with pictures can't be washed or the paper (picture) just comes off, and my daughter never glanced at that huge whale. It just isn't fun to play with. I bought my own dangling toys and added them to the ones that came with the mat.

Love this activity mat!

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

I absolutely love this product! We got it as a gift for our first child and the colors just fascinated him! When he was smaller he would lay on his back and stare at all of the hanging toys, then once he learned to roll over he would maneuver himself around so he could look at all of the sea creatures! It's very stimulating and has a lot of different points of interest for baby.

A safe, colorful, mobile mat for any precious little one to play

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

We used this product with our first daughter, three years ago. Over the next two years we would have lost a couple of the hanging toys here and there, since they are easily removable. (In a good way) Three months ago, we were determine to purchase the exact play mat for our second child. I would recommend this to any new or seasoned parent!

Baby loves this, but it might be too expensive for some.

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

We received this as a shower gift from the baby's godmother, and we had put it on our registry as a "wish list" type of item, not something we'd buy for ourselves.  At the time the price was too much for us.  However, the baby loved all the different parts from the time she was only two months old.  Now that she's approaching five months, I'm going to reintroduce her to it and see if she appreciates the whole effect.

For younger babies, the play gym has soft classical music and colorful lights that hold their attention.  She also loved the plush octopus (which we took down for her to hold) and the large whale, which we left hanging at the top of the gym and called "sky whale."  She would lie and play in it, but only for a short time.  Now that she can support herself well on her tummy, we're going to see if she would like the peek-a-boo flaps, which didn't interest her as a younger baby.

It's a fun toy that can be a thoughtful gift, but no something I'd spend the money on myself.

Baby Einstein Ocean Gym parts better than whole for my baby

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

This Baby Einstein Ocean Adventures Gym was given to us as a baby shower gift for my daughter who is now one year old.  Overall the individual components as seperate toys have served us very well.  The gym structure itself went virtually unused but the blue octopus is still a favorite toy that I keep clipped to my purse or her diaper bag.  The whale makes a cute cuddle pillow and the mirror works great in the car especially when she was still rear facing.  The battery operated light up display did very little to hold her attention.  The Gym mat came in handy occasionally but to just sits up in our attic awaiting the new arrival we have coming in the spring.  The various rings and clips have been used as teathing toys and some have gone missing along the way but can be easily replaced with similar products.  I will say the fabric of the gym does clean up easy after spills and diaper mishaps.  Hopefully our next arrival will get more use out of the set as a whole than her big sister, but I think the octopus is going to be the contested toy between the two.

Colorful and fun

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

The Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym was one of the items on my baby registry that I really, really wanted.  After looking at several different baby gyms, I decided that the Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym from Baby Einstein was the most colorful, interesting, educational and stimulating.  When I received it as a gift I was so excited!  Set-up does take a little while.  The crossbars are a little difficult to get into the tiny loops on the bottom of the mat.  However, once it was all put together it was so pretty!  It is easy to clean, but the downside again is having to get the crossbars back into the little loops on the mat.  It comes with several toys that capture baby's attention, including a mirror and a little whale pillow that you can use to help prop really little ones when they're lying on their bellies.  Another downside is storage.  There are two plastic pieces that go in the mat to keep it flat on the floor (plus the crossbars that I already mentioned are difficult to put on) that prevent the mat from really folding in order to stick it into a closet or under a bed.  As long as you have the space, this is a great toy for tummy time!

My daughter loves this!!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

When I was pregnant, my brother wanted to purchase a baby gym for my soon to be born daughter.  He wasn't totally convinced I was having a girl, so he wanted to purchase a gym that was neutral in theme and colors.  He chose the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym.  Honestly, I was not very excited about the purchase.  I was hoping for something pink, girly and fun for girls looking.  I was really, really wrong.  Our daugher loves this.  She uses it several times a day for both tummy time and playing on her back.  She loves the big whale, tries to hug it and swat at it constantly.  The mirror makes her giggle.  The worm rattle with stars and shapes hanging from it is her favoite part.  She grabs them when she first goes in the gym and doesn't let go the whole time.  She has to be laying underneath that exact part or she gets mad.  She also loves the octopus.  She is very proud of herself when she swats at him.  I would defnitely buy this again!

Engaging activity mat for your child

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

We bought the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym for our son and he immediately took to it.  He enjoyed looking at himself in the mirror and the music selections kept him entertained without driving the family crazy.  The activity mat is well-constructed and easy to use and honestly was a bit more subtle than many of the other options from different brands.  In particular, our son took to the octopus and enjoyed staring at it above him.  He enjoyed the lighs and sounds and spent plenty of time reaching above him to swat at whatever we hung.

This activity mat is easy to store, although I would caution that the bottom mat curled up on the sides and made it difficult to lay the mat flat over time.  Additionally, it would have been nice if more information on the plastic pieces was supplied (are they BPA free, etc?).  That being said, I would buy this product again as it was a reasonable value for the money and kept our son entertained frequently.

Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym is Great!

from Warrenton, VA

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

Now that my son, at 8 weeks, is starting to become more interested in the world around him, this gym has become one of his favorite things!  I love the large mat size and all the different colors on the mat.  My son loves looking at the "baby" in the mirror!  He also loves looking at the lights on the little music thing.  He likes to lay just to the side of the big whale and bat at it!  It's so funny.  And even though we have it on the ground, the octopus will occasionally catch his attention and he will just stare and stare at it!  If there is a drawback to this gym, it's that there isn't a ton of hanging toys for my son to look up at and play with.  I'd like more hanging down so he can start batting at stuff and kicking at toys.  With the mirror, the music/light box, and the large whale, there isn't much room to hang anything else.  I know I can move things around, but he enjoys each of those things.  I'd just like to see more.  Overall, I am really impressed with this gym.  It's also great for tummy time!  In fact, my little guy just rolled over for the first time on this mat the other day!

Baby Einstein : may not raise IQ but keeps baby occupied !

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym:

If this was just up to me, I would not give this product a good review. I found the electronic music annoying, the aquarium is highly disappointing ( nothing moves ), and I thought it was a bit expensive for what seems to be mainly a piece of fabric with little dangling knick-knacks. One of the educational toy is a picture of a fish and of a turtle and lists their names in about 5 different languages ! That seems like a joke ( I don't think my baby learned how to say fish in Italian or Spanish, especially if I read it for him with my broken accent !)

However, this was my baby's activity center and based on the hours of enjoyment he got out of this, I'm forced to say that we spent our money wisely on this one !