Other Coffee Makers:
Bunn
BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B

Summary

This unit offers BUNN brewing perfection with the convenience and consistency of a thermal carafe. Patterned after BUNN's commercial & restaurant brewing systems, this home brewer puts high quality materials and classic brewing technology into one great package. The stainless-steel tank holds the brew water at approximately 200?F, the temperature required to extract the maximum flavor from coffee. The BUNN brewing system showers the water over the ground coffee using a specially designed sprayhead to create optimum turbulence in the funnel for just the right amount of time. As a result, BUNN home brewers produce 10 cups of perfect coffee in about 3 minutes --- less than half the time of most regular coffee makers. This combination of ""time, temperature & turbulence"" is the hallmark of BUNN's home brewing system --- and something unavailable in any other home brewer. BUNN Velocity Brew - Brews better, not bitter. BUNN thermal home brewer with stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe and stainless accents Brews ten cups (50-oz.) of perfect, caf Commercial-grade exterior materials with stainless steel internal water tank Unique prayhead design improves coffee flavor extraction and internal thermostat keeps water at optimal brewing temperature No warming plate needed 13.9"" x 7.1"" x 15.3""

BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B

Pros

Cons

Best coffeemaker out there

I purchased this Bunn to replace an aging unit we received for free from Gevalia many, many years ago. The carafe on it was also a thermal carafe, but it was just too small for us. Additionally, the carafe had a fragile glass liner that was far too easily broken when cleaning was attempted (guess how I know this), so the all stainless steel carafe on the Bunn is great. It's 12 cup instead of 10 also. It makes a full carafe of coffee in jus 3 minutes with the stock sprayer, but some people have problems with the grounds overflowing the filter (as did I), so all I had to do was call Bunn and they immediately sent me two free replacement spray heads that slow the flow down enough that it doesn't overflow. The spray head is very easily changed out by simply screwing off the old one and screwing on the new one. Takes all of 10 seconds. The only difference it makes is that the brew time increases to 4 minutes instead of 3. This coffeemaker doesn't have a timer, so I have mine connected to power through a plug in timer so the water is already hot and ready to brew when I get up in the a.m. Frankly, having a timer directly built in to a coffeemaker is just on more thing to go wrong and cause problems.

Brew Performance
Makes great coffee (as long as you start with decent coffee), and in just 3 to 4 minutes.

The stainless carafe (inside and out) means it won't break ever.

Just add filter, coffee, and water

The only thing you really have to get used to is NOT closing the water fill lid until you have set the pot in place, because closing the lid opens the water valve and it only takes 2 or 3 seconds for coffee to begin flowing (found this out the hard way a couple of times till I got used to it).

Appears to be a much sturdier unit that most of the others I looked at.

Bunn Coffee Maker Not the best

This Bunn 10 cup Coffee maker is by far what I would consider anywhere near the best of their product line. The BTX-B Home Brewer is fast at making your cup of coffee but the maker I can not say is anywhere near their best product unless you plan on replacing it after about 14 to 15 months of use. And for the cost of this unit you would think that it would last a much longer period of time. It takes the bigger coffee filters and the water flows though it so fast that you have to add extra coffee for the same flavor of coffee that and old Mister Coffee would give you for a fraction of the cost.
I do not recommend this coffee maker because of the lack of quality in the time that it last in a home setting. I do like the fast delivery of coffee but the extra cost of coffee I think I can wait that extra minute for a cup of home brewed coffee. It is a beautiful machine but that is where it stops.
This is not the first time that I have had a Bunn Coffee maker and when you have two of them last about the same amount of time it tells me that the quality is just not there. The only reason I did not give this a Very Poor rating is because it did make it to it's warranty time not that it does me any good when they last just a little over that time.
So personally I would recommend something that will last some time longer and not have the waist of coffee that this takes to have a good cup of coffee and at the cost of coffee today it is worth the little extra wait for coffee. Since going to a different coffee maker I have saved at least 2lbs of coffee a month on the low end 3 on the top end and over a year's time that adds up to buying something besides a replacement.
So shop around before buying.

Fast brewing but uses 50 percent more coffee

Best coffeemaker out there

Brew Performance

The stainless carafe (inside and out) means it won't break ever.

Just add filter, coffee, and water

Appears to be a much sturdier unit that most of the others I looked at.

Best Coffee Maker I've ever had

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

I'm a big coffee drinker and you don't want to see me in the morning before I've had it. The Bunn is perfect because it takes no time at all to brew and it literally brews a perfect pot every time. With this particular model, I was very pleased with the thermal pot itself; it might take me hours on a lazy Saturday to drink a pot of coffee, and I don't have to worry about reheating the pot of coffee or taste burnt coffee by midmorning because this pot keeps it nice and warm. I love this coffee maker and would recommend it to anyone!

The first-time setup is a little confusing but as long as you follow the directions you're fine. After that it's a breeze, just remember to keep the lid to the reservoir up until you're actually ready to brew... learned that the hard way.

Very stylish and modern but it's HUGE and takes up most of my tiny counter space. But I guess it needs to be for what it does.

• Brew Performance:

I like this Bunn coffee maker.

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

Compared to your average coffee maker this Bunn is great.
The water stays at a consistent temperature which provides for brewing a quick pot of coffee. This is our favorite feature. It has a sleek, clean look as well.
The thermal pot is nice and we appreciate not having a burner to fuss with, mostly due to the fact that we often would forget to turn the burner off and ruined many carafes. The only drawback of course is the thermal pot only holds a desirable temperature for about an hour or so.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker has a larger basket than normal which is nice because it allows for more grounds to be placed in it for brewing stronger coffee when desired. The only issue we have come across is the larger filters are hard to find in the area we live and purchasing online is pricey. So, when I get outside of our area and find some I stock up.

Have had this model and brand for 2 years so far and it's doing fine.

• Brew Performance:

Leave the thermos in the lunchbox

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

I love BUNN I have for many years they are state of the art. Having said that I must now say that the thermos pot is a big BOMB not a BUNN. The coffee comes out with all of the same quality, and speed of a classic BUNN. However you better drink that pot fast or have a lot of guests to help you because if not you will be heating it in the microwave or drinking lukewarm coffee. I bought one not even a month ago and I'm ready to scrap it. With no hot plate it just does not stay hot. And if you like cream in your coffee forget it, it will be cold coffee! So I tried boiling water in a tea kettle and pre heating the pot first. Nope! When it comes to brass tax BUNN needs to make coffee makers not a thermos.

Brews fast and efficient

Just like a BUNN

Love BUNN they are very easy to use

Hate the thermos wish I had bought the regular pot! It was a total waste of money!!

It will probably last forever because it isn't a glass pot

Morning Love

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

I cannot express how much I love getting up in the morning to have coffee three minutes later. After breaking the glass carafe in my last maker and being tired of burnt coffee (or cold coffee if you turn it off right away so it doesn't burn), I decided I wanted something with a thermal carafe and after some research, went with this Bunn. I've had it now for three years and moved houses twice and it's never had any issues. It consistently delivers me fresh, hot coffee in three minutes for a whole pot or less for smaller brews and the coffee stays hot in the carafe for at least five hours or more if it's a full pot. The only downside I can think of is that it uses a fair bit of energy to keep the reservoir hot for coffee on demand, but that's really it.

After three years, I ran some hard water cleaner through the pot to clear out the calcium deposits. It worked really well and everything is running like a champ again. Otherwise, I rinse the grounds chamber and the pot after each use and it's good to go.

Awesome Coffee Maker

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

I had a Bunn Coffee Maker a few years ago and it finally quit working. I thought I would save a little money and go back to another top brand. I used the other coffee maker once and boxed it up to take back to the store. This Bunn is what I ended up purchasing instead. It makes super hot coffee, which is a major thing to me. It's also really fast. My only complaint is that I'm not crazy about the carafe doesn't pour very well and doesn't seem to keep the coffee as hot for as long as my previous Bunn. I would definitely purchase this again!!

• Brew Performance:

The best brewer and stainless carafe!

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

Bunn makes the best coffee brewers out there. I've used Bunn coffee brewers for the past twenty-five years and wouldn't use anything else for my daily habit! The Keurig which I do own makes a great cup of hot water very quick, but you are limited to buying and tossing those little plastic cups that holds the coffee, or using the refillable kind and having to clean out every time you want another cup. Too limited in the coffee choices and not a very controlled way of making the perfect cup of coffee for the morning.

Bunn sprays the hot water over the ground coffee very quickly and you have hot, fresh coffee within 3 minutes. No oily sedement leeches into the pot like the slower drip coffeemakers. Fresh, perfect coffee everytime, and you can adjust the flavor by using more or less coffee, so it's truly the best you've ever had. The stainless carafe is a terrific feature that holds the coffee warm for hours. Only one problem is if you have softened water you may need to contact Bunn Customer Service for a more controlled "spray head".

Bunn Coffee Maker Not the best

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

So shop around before buying.

Fast brewing but uses 50 percent more coffee

• Brew Performance:

One lighting fast coffee maker once you understand how to use it

from Moscow, ID

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

Well built and well designed coffee maker that works very quickly and efficiently. Very solid unit from the carraf to the unit itself.

Brew Performance
This thing is a very fast coffee maker once you understand how to use it. At first if may seem odd that you need to put double the water in for one pot and add a new pot of water each time due to the built in holding/heating unit. But once it is up to speed, you have a carraf of coffee in just a minute or two. Does not get super hot either but hot enough that you may want to ad a shot of water to cool it down.

Very easy to clean all around.

Simple design. Just follow the instructions.

Very good design. Just does take up a bit of counter space.

One solid unit with all the aluminum and heavy plastic. You are not going to break the pot unless you run over it with a truck.

• Brew Performance:

BUNN makes a great coffee maker!

Comments about BUNN® Velocity Brewer ThermoFresh® 10-Cup Home Brewer BTX-B:

BUNN makes a great coffee maker! Love that the pot is insulated, we can set it on the table without risk of burns, and it keeps coffee warm for a long time! Makes a great pot of coffee, no complaints here!

Brew Performance
Great! Makes a great cup of coffee. My husband and I like a strong cup of coffee, and this does the trick- although if you don't like it so strong, easy to adjust the amounts. Seems to really "make use" of the coffee grounds we put in. Does a very good job.

Simple, as easy as any coffee maker.

Slightly more difficult than cheaper coffee makers, but that is because it does a better job keeping water warm etc. for brewing coffee.

Looks great, and is very functional.

Every BUNN coffee maker I've ever used has held up for such a long time, and this one is no exception.