Other Cat Litters:
BJ's
BJ's Berkley & Jensen's Scoopable Cat Litter

BJ's Berkley & Jensen's Scoopable Cat Litter

I used to like this product. But since they added more powder

Comments about BJ's Berkley & Jensen's Scoopable Cat Litter:

This litter used to clump and hold together. Now it clumps and falls apart when you try to scoop. It smells better than it used to but also cost more. Would not recommend .

Moisture Absorption
Does not clump like it used to maybe too much powder?

Horrible for scooping falls apart.

Odor Control
So much better but without clumping what good is it

Hard to scoop

• Moisture Absorption:
  • Odor Control:

It's so dusty it's unhealthy for you and your pet!

from Fort Washington, MD

Comments about BJ's Berkley & Jensen's Scoopable Cat Litter:

This cat litter used to be good up until at least 6 months ago. I have 5 cats, so this was a good bargain for the price. However, it says it's 99% dust free...NO WAY! The dust covers everything it's so bad. Just scooping out the waste is horrible...I have to hold my breath just not to inhale the dust. I can only imagine how much the cats are inhaling when they scratch to cover it up. I may have to spend more money, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. I tried mixing Berkley & Jensen with other litter, but the dust is so much, it didn't really help.

Moisture Absorption
Berkley & Jensen's litter used to be better at absorbing the urine. It still works, but used to be better.

Have no problem with the poop.

Odor Control
Seems to be OK with odor control.

If it weren't for the amount of dust this litter puts out, I'd give it a better rating.

• Moisture Absorption:
  • Odor Control:

Dustiest cat litter I've ever used

from Sanford, FL

Comments about BJ's Berkley & Jensen's Scoopable Cat Litter:

This cat litter does clump well and holds odors down. So I won't give it the worst possible rating.

However, when running a scoop just once or twice through the litter to clean the box out, this litter kicked up such a thick cloud of dust that I literally could not even see the litter box, and had to open a window and wait for the dust to clear before I could continue. I have no respiratory issues, but I was coughing and wheezing after the first time I scooped the box out. I would NOT suggest this litter for anyone with lung or breathing problems. I also have to wonder if I should be concerned about respiratory issues with my cats, this litter is THAT dusty.

It's cheap litter that does the job, but in my opinion the dust is so horrific it's downright unhealthy. I'm switching back to my old brand before my cats and I end up with lung disease from it.