3.5
BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor

BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor

3.5

A good alternative to the reuseable razors

I have used a razor with a replaceable head for a long, long time. I thought these must be "better" somehow, and that using disposable razors would just mean chopped up legs. However, noticing that I still got cut pretty often with the more expensive razors, I decided to give disposables a go. I'm really glad I did, because I've realized that these razors are a perfectly acceptable, cheaper alternative to even the most expensive razors that I've tried.

These razors are scented, but that doesn't really make a difference to me. I do like the colors, though. That's about it for first impressions...

I get a really close shave with these razors, and as long as I use a cream instead of soap, I usually don't get cut. I have been cut by these before, but not any worse (or any more often) with the more expensive razors. They shave smoothly, and are fairly easy to use. My biggest complaint is that they do not have flexible heads, which might add to the cutting problem, if you're not careful.

Overall, I'd say these razors are a good alternative to the more expensive razors. They get the job done, and usually get it done well! If nothing else, they are at least worth a try, since they're not expensive at all.

Don't let the scent fool you. It isn't a luxurious shave!

I switched to these razors when I lost the handle for my Gillete Sensor for Women handle. The first purchase I made had unscented handles and replaceable heads for the razors, a concept I was familiar with from my Gillete Sensor (which I loved by the way). I was delighted to find that these razor heads were less expensive than the previous ones. I should have known that less expense meant less quality. I am usually not one to pay for something for a slight quality change. These weren't terribly bad, but I definitely couldn't shave everyday because of the irritation my skin experienced from the Bic razors. When I ran out of replacements, I went back to the store to by more only to find that they had discontinued them and that I was going to have to buy them handle and all now. The price for four with now scented handles was the same as five replacement heads before...sigh. I purchased and was a bit delighted with the fresh scent when I used it. The problem was that the scent didn't even last all the way through the first shave. These whole razors still irritate my skin as much as the replacement heads did, and I get less bang for my buck! On the good note though...with the first shave of each razor I get the smoothest shave I can ever remember, but they aren't very good after that!

Bic Soleil Twilight - rough shave, not the best razor.

from Cumberland, VA

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I ran out of the disposable Bic razors I've been using lately so I stopped by the store to pick some up, but they were out. So I bought a differen Bic disposable razo - the Soleil Twilight. This razor has triple blades and lavender scented handles and there were two bonus razors in the pack, which made it a good deal. I decided to give it a try.

Besides the value for my money, I have to say I'm disappointed in this razor. Although Bic makes some great razors, it seems they missed the mark on this one. I can count on one hand the number of times I've cut myself while shaving in the past three or four years - until I used these. My first try with them I ended up with a half dozen nicks and small cuts on my legs. Thinking perhaps it was that razor, the next time I used a different one, but got the same results. I used that second razor a second time a couple days later and, although there weren't as many, still got a couple nicks.

Additionally, it doesn't seem the shave itself is as close as I generally get. My legs don't feel as smooth for as long as usual. I still like Bic and would recommend their other products, but the Soleil Twilight just doesn't seem up to par.

LIKE!

from Whitehouse, TX

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I have recently been using the Bic Soleil Twillight Triple Blade Razor. I like the shape of the razor and like that it glides smoothly over the contures of my legs. I also like the shape and angle of the handle it's much easier to use and allows for more control. I rarely get knicks w/ this razor. It's one of my favorite razors. The Bic Soleil comes in a wide variety of colors, which is fun if you have a preference on color. I first used the Bic Soleil razors because I had a coupon for it and so it wasn't too expensive to buy and try it before I paid full price for it. For a disposable razor I was always able to get quite a few uses out of them (4-5). The Bic Soleil like all the other razors on the market are all expensive!! The Bic Soleil IS a little on the expensive side for a razor that is intended to be a single use. Overall though I like the Bic Soleil Triple Blade razor and if there was a coupon or it went on sale I would buy it.

The smoothiest shave

from Gainesville, MO

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I have always used the cheepest razor but I recently had the oppurtunity to try this razor while staying with my sister and it was the best when shaving. After shaving my legs where smoother than I have ever felt. It made my skin feel silky and it was wonderful. I also noticed that I coud use this razor for more than one shave which ends up saving you money which you have to get a new razor every time you shave. The razors come in different colors which is great so you can notice what is a used razor and what is a new razor. They are easy to find in the store because of their unique colors and packaging. The cost of these razors are a little high but my sister seems to find good coupons for this product so getting them for a good price is not to difficult.

Bic Soleil Twlight Triple Blade Razor works Wonderful

from Memphis, TN

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I like how this razor is made and it does not cause me to get razor burns or cuts. It glides on the skin gentle and makes it easy to shave any area that need to be shaved. I only bought one pack thinkng that it was not going to work but guess what it really does do the trick and shaves the skin nicely. I have other family members that alos use them and they like ho they work and purchases them more often than I do. Even when there is a pack of hair it get the job done and without all of the irritation that most razors can cause. I was not big on shaving at first until I got this and I have put away the hair creams and waxes for awhile. It was hard to find the right shaver and I was amzed at how this one is doing everything that I wanted it to do. I would recommend this razor to everyone that is looking for a good razor to use. It is cheap and is easy to find in the store.I like the bright colors and is a good bargin for your money.

I was very disappointed in the Bic Soleil.

from Columbia, SC

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I've always looked at the BIC Soleil and loved the colors but thought they were a little too expensive to try. I am a very cost-conscious shopper, and when I found a great deal on these razors I was excited to try them. I'm glad I didn't spend much money because I was very disappointed in the quality of these cute little razors. They did not give me a very close shave, and they didn't feel comfortable in my hand. The shape of the handle was wrong for me and because the head was not very flexible I couldn't get the right angle for shaving. Also, during my second use I knocked the razor off of it's hook in my shower and when it hit the floor of the shower the head broke off of the handle. The original price of the razors made me think the quality would be better than it is. I expect much more out of a razor than I got with this product. I will just keep using my "ugly" razors to get the close, comfortable shave that I want.

These Razors Cut Close

from Spirit Lake, IA

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I have tried many razors and I keep coming back to these. I cannot stand razors with big bulky heads or a head that pivots. I still purchase the older version of these razors that have three blades even though Soleil offers a version with four blades now. This razor has a compact narrow head and really nice sharp blades.

These cut close and keep my skin feeling smooth. I'm able to use them about five days to a week before tossing them. I shave my legs every day so I want something that I can use quickly and efficiently without cutting my skin. I've used these for years and I'm not sure I've ever really cut myself. I can't say the same regarding many other razors I've tried.

The handle offers a great grip. The colors are nice and bright also. The price is great since I almost always have a coupon for them. Often you can find packages that offer an extra one or two in the package at no extra cost. Although these are scented I only smell them if I stick my nose right next to them.

Great razors

from Irmo, SC

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

I have been using these razors for years and I prefer them over any other type I have used - disposible or reusable. There are always great coupons for these razors that make them very affordable and they last forever! This is the main reason I love them. I don't have to pull out a new razor every week so the pack of 5 lasts me a long time. they also often have special packs where you get 1 or 2 bonus razors free which is great for stocking up. These are great on my sensitive skin because of the lotion strip but even after it wears off I can still use these razors for a long time...sometimes even up to a month and I shave my armpits and legs every day. I have tried lots of reusable razors but they don't work any better and the cost of replacement blades is so much more than bic soliel so I don't want to waste my money. I haven't had any problems with soliel razors yet so I don't plan to stop using them anytime soon. They are the best option I have found!

Not Lousy, But Not Great BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor

from Erie, PA

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

Doesn't compare to the BIC Soleil, the only thing it has going for it is that the heads don't pop off like the orange BIC Soleil. I would only buy them if they were super cheap, like if I had a great coupon--of course, that's the only way I buy most products, so that might not be saying much. To me, the razors don't seem to stay sharp as long, but they are more decent than many of the razors out there. What really gets me is their shape. It is very awkward for me to shave with these. I like to hold my razors nearer to the head, and these don't work for me in that way. The packaging is also bulky, and I don't like storing it in my closet. I very much prefer razors with replaceable cartridges. The blades of the razors are fine enough, but the mechanics of them are no cup of tea. Meaning, the blades are sharp enough in the beginning, but because of the way they are placed, it is harder to shave without straining or cutting yourself.

OUCH!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about BIC Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Razor:

This razor cut me up! I was very disappointed! I have not cut myself up so bad since I was 14 years old! My husband tried them as well (because he thought I was doing it to myself!), but he didn't like them either. What a disappointment!

A good alternative to the reuseable razors