Other Facial Masks:

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

sucks the toxins right out of your body

This stuff is gret for acne! You mix it with apple cider vinegar and put it on your face for about 15-20mins and you can feel it pulling on your skin. Its like a suction mask that pulls out all the dirt from your skin. You can also mix it in a big bowl of warm water and soak your feet in it and it will pull the toxins out of your body. It contains bentonite clay. Clay is one of the most effective natural intestinal detoxifying agents available to us and has been used for hundreds of years by native tribes around the globe. Animals in the wild, drawn to clay deposits by instinct, have been observed licking the clay as part of their everyday diet as well as rolling in it to get relief from injuries. When bentonite clay absorbs water and swells up, it is stretched open like a highly porous sponge. Toxins are drawn into these spaces through electrical attraction and bound,bentonite clay can reportedly absorb pathogenic viruses, as well as herbicides and pesticides. Bentonite is used in pharmaceuticals, medical and cosmetics markets. Bentonite is used as a filler in pharmaceutical drugs, and due to its absorption-adsorption capabilities, it allows paste formation. Bentonite is used in industrial protective creams, wet compresses, and anti-irritant lotions for eczema. In medicine, bentonite is used as an antidote in heavy metal poisoning. Personal care products such as mud packs, baby powder, sunburn paint, and face creams may contain bentonite. Every one should can a container of this stuff in their house.

This is pretty much just mud.

I got this mask because it sounded to me like it was just going to be a mix with some natural herbs or something like that and it was going to be really good for my skin and make it feel so much better. My skin had been kind of roughed up after I had went camping for two weeks and it was definitely in need of some healing touches. I put this on and I instantly wanted to take it off, it smells and looks just like mud, it did not have anything good smelling about it, it was really awful. It started to get hard pretty fast and then it all started to literally fall off of my face. It was making a mess all over the place so I took it off earlier than I was supposed to. My face did feel a little bit more moisturized and look a little bit better, but it was not that much of a difference. For the price of it, plus how bad of a smell that it has and that it made such a big mess all over the place, it was definitely not worth it.

Love this stuff

from TX

About Me Combination Skin, Oily Skin

Pros

• Exfoliates
  • Improves Overall Texture
  • Softens Skin
  • Tightens Skin

Cons

• Hard To Wash Off

• Treat Acne
  • Treat Oily Skin

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

This product does wonders. I have acne and starting using this after my sister recommended it. So far, this product has been great. It has decreased the amount of oil my face produces and significantly made my pores smaller.

This is pretty much just mud.

from Elko, Nevada

Wonderful detoxer

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

Aztec Indian Secret Healing clay is all natural and made with real volcano ash. The large tub is enough for you and a friend to treat yojrselves to weekly clay-mask facials for over 2 months. There is absolutely no hassle to be had when lreparing this product. A Tbs or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar added to 1/4 cup of the powdered healing clay makes a hearty mask that makes your face puksate delightfully as the toxins and drawn from your pores and tightened as well.

It may not be an optimal fit if you have severe acne as too much irritation can cause breakouts. But the pest part of this product is you can add it to your bath water to draw toxins from the clogged cells if your entire body.

Ease of Application
Whether you make a thick mask by adding Apple Cider vinegar (preferably raw, unfiltered) or fresh water compared to adding it to a detoxing bath- it's easy peasy!!

There really is no scent to this powder mix but off course once you add some apple cider vinegar it's going to smell a little tart.

Very Strong!

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

If you're expecting a tub of paste to smear onto your face, you're in for a real treat! It's actually the dried clay, so you're going to end up with a whole tub of powder that you have to mix with water yourself. The whole process requires a separate bowl and spoon (which is why I gave it a lower Ease of Application number). The actual mask is VERY powerful! It sucks the toxins right out of your face and you can basically feel them being pulled out of your pores. Normally, I have a lot of trouble with deep blackheads that never seem to leave, but this mask really works in helping to relieve some of that stress! I would recommend using it on smaller portions of your face at a time first before you try your whole entire face (because it is so powerful), but it doesn't burn or sting if that's worrying you. The scent is okay. It's not AMAZING, but it's pleasant enough. When the mask dries on your face, make sure not to move your face too much or else the mask will flake off and actually fall onto the floor or your clothes.

• Ease of Application:

When your skin needs an intense cleansing.

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

The Aztec Secret Indian Healing clay is a truly effective and strong mask for your skin cleansing. I do not use it on a regular basis but once a month for it is a very strong formula containing Calcium Bentonite clay. I use the Aztec Secret Indian healing clay mixed with equal part raw apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes. Although, I have normal skin and it is recommended for 15-20 minutes for normal skin and 5-10 minutes for sensitive but I find 10 minutes application of a thin layer of mixture is sufficient to leave my skin clean and fresh without any redness or adverse effects. It really helps control acne and blackheads.

Ease of Application
I use with vinegar but for sensitive skin it should work well with water as well.

Great Value Clay Facial

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

I am so glad I found this product! It has saved me quite a bit of money already. This is an excellent clay for facials, you just have to mix it yourself, but it is more than worth this little extra effort for the money you save over tubed, pre-mixed brands of equal (or maybe lesser in some cases) quality.

This clay is very effective at drawing out the impurities and any blackheads you may have. It really helped with my nose especially, where I have a tendency to get quite a lot of little blackheads that can be quite stubborn.

Ease of Application
You do have to mix this clay yourself with either water or apple cider vinegar, depending on your preference. Other than that it is just as easy to apply and use as any other clay mask I have used. You do have to of course wash the bowl you used, so a little extra cleanup too.

Scent is pretty neutral, earthy. If mixed with apple cider vinegar it will obviously have a vinegar smell.

Healing Clay

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is amazing. I have been using this clay for years. When I want a deep cleansing mask this is the product I use. Gives my face a firm and healthy appearance. The container last a long time.

Great facial clay that draws out all the impurities as you feel it pulsating on your face. It is a wonderful relaxing experience. Depending on your skin type the clay may dry out your skin so moisturize afterwards. Once the mask dries rinse quickly, otherwise it may irritate.

Ease of Application
It takes a bit of practice to perfect the right amount of clay to water ratio. It's a good idea to keep a little measuring spoon with the jar along with a small container to mix your clay and water. It takes a little while to mix the clay thoroughly. Once you use this product awhile you will have it mixed and applied to your face in no time. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I use my palm to whip up a batch.

The scent is earthy and natural.

ah-mazing

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

Bought this last week, my actually recommended this to me. Bought it on amazon, wasn't very expensive at all. after reading reviews, I used it by mixing it with my bragg's apple cider vinegar. what a find, I was shocked I hadnt heard more about this before! totally tightened my skin, my pores looked smaller, refreshed my skin without drying it in the least, and gave me a deep clean. I even tried it over parts of my body that had some issues, like my stretch marks.

Fantastic, I love it !

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

This product is just plain FUN! When I have it on, it's difficult not to laugh at the way I look. I feel like a kid all painted up. I have so many pictures of myself wearing it, posted to my social network accounts (my friends get a laugh too).

After I've rinsed it off my hair, scalp, and skin look and feel great. My cheeks are a tad red after, however since I don't wear make-up it makes it appear as if I'm wearing blush. So cool!

Clears up my acne and eczema nicely

Go's on like a breeze.

Doesn't smell like anything

Aztec Clay for facial mask

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

This review is for the Aztec Secret Healing Clay, used as a facial mask. This stuff is very strong and within seconds of spreading this clay mask on my face, I immediately feel my skin tighten and the clay working its way and seeping into my pores to remove the impurities that have collected. My recommendation is to not leave it on too long, and instead to leave it on just long enough for it to do its job. I purchased Aztec Secret on the recommendation from my Dermatologist, to help treat my acne. The dirt and grime that collects in your pores is the main culprit behind severe break outs and so I immediately reached for this product to undo and halt the damage. I used this face mask about once or twice a week, and about a month ago, stopped using it since my skin began clearing up. If you suffer from severe breakouts, you might want to give this product a try. But if you have sensitive skin you might want to consult with your doctor first as this stuff can be quite strong, or at least it feels that way.