Other Shampoos:

Pros

Cons

Great Alternative

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

I have never been much of a fan of the AXE line. I find that most of their products are geared for the high school/college age range. Being in my early thirties, I stayed away from this brand. I received a sample bottle of this product in a promo Gillete razor pack, and was pretty impressed with it's performance. I have always been an Old Spice and Head and Shoulders guy; but was equally pleased with the AXE shampoo line. The overall scent is very pleasing, and it will last throughout the day. I have received several compliments from my girlfriend about how good it smells. It also performs well in the shower. It lathers up, and rinses out easily. Also a little bit of product goes a long way. Overall the AXE shampoo is a great product. Especially for someone who factors in price. I'll always prefer my usual, but will occasionally purchase the AXE shampoo when I need a little change.

Does a great job. Lathers up nicely, and leaves your hair shiny and soft.

I get a lot of compliments from my girlfriend about how good it smells. It is a masculine scent. None of that fruity stuff.

Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo really surprised me

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

Axe runs some great commercials and has really nice smells. However, I had some bad experience with their body sprays and would say that it had led me to have a slightly biased view against the brand in general. If my wife didn't purchase the shampoo, I never would have used it, but I am glad she did. Not only did it smell great, but it left my hair feeling softer, smoother and my wife said that the clean smell lasted longer than the shampoos I had been using.

I was surprised at how smooth and soft my hair was. I had always felt that axe advertising is what gets them their sales, but I feel like the product really speaks for itself with this shampoo. The body spray smelled nice, but never seemed to keep me dry like I wanted. It also changed my under shirts coloration. This product has offered me nothing but positive experiences and I will continue to use it in the future

The scent seems to last longer than some of the other shampoos I have been using. It also smells better than some of the other shampoos I have been using

Would love to axe my spouse's AXE Shampoo

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

Every Holiday and for his birthday's too, our adult children buy my spouse Axe products which include Axe Prime Just Clean Shampoo. My husband has thick, wavy and beautiful hair however his hair looks more greasy whenever he uses this Axe shampoo. He loves the kids so much that he dare not not use what they bought him, I thought long and hard on a gentle way to persuade him not to use this so often. In defense of the Axe brand first. I have no problem whatsoever with their other products...i.e. aftershave, deoderant, soap ext.. So, I decided that with our Anniversary coming up on Valentine's Day that I would purchase another popular brand men's gift set so that he can alternate between the two.

His hair looks greasy not clean after he shampoos it with Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo and this doesn't ever happen with other shampoo's that he has used in the past

Nice subtle scent, not overbearing or too strong

Only brand worth buying for men

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

This is my favorite shampoo for men. It cleans my hair better than any other brand out there and for me personally doubles as a face wash. I love how it cuts through grease and grime yet isn't harsh on my hair and still smells amazing. Axe is a brand you can trust to do its job every time.

As a mechanic I need a shampoo that can cut through all of the various automotive fluids that I get in my hair and on my face each day. This is the only shampoo that cleans well enough to cut through grease, brake fluid, transmission fluid, oil and fuel leaving my hair and face clean and fresh smelling. Even after cleaning such hard core messes this shampoo still doesn't leave your hair dried out.

This shampoo has a great scent without being overbearingly strong. Of all the brands of Axe shampoo this is the best scent. It also pairs well with their body wash scents, deodorants, and hair products.

Best I have used

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

I just tried this shampoo for the first time. We have hard water, so getting a shampoo that lathers well and cleans is not easy. This does better than anything I have ever tried. It takes the smallest dab and it works wonders. I just wonder how they do it. It is thick and has a deep blue color. It leaves my hair by far cleaner than any of the other brands I have tried. On top of all this goodness, it was comparibly priced.

Itt really leaves my hair clean. It is VERY effective at removing any oiliness and leaves my hair really feeling clean. It also seems to remain effective- even after using it daily for more than a week. I would really have to give this the highest rating as a shampoo.

Not wild about the scent, but it is OK. I guess you would call it a kind of sporty smell. It is not unpleasant, but it does seem on the strong side. I prefer less smell, but if you like this, it really permeates.

Good Shampoo for Guys

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

This Axe Primed Shampoo is not the best out there, but it is pretty good. It works great for guys and is nice that it does not smell like fruit or flowers like many shampoos on the market. It is not over the top crazy like some others and the cool appeal of it always helps make it easier to buy. It is typically on sale at certain places so it usually is a good value although definitely not a low budget shampoo (although most budget shampoos smell really girly)

Axe shampoo works pretty well to clean my hair. I keep my hair short, so it is typically no issue going through it and it seems to work well. No clumps or blocks in my hair and it rinses out easy.

The scent could be better. I like a little more fragrance than what this has (although not girly scented). Axe had a different one that I thought smelt amazing and I really liked using it. This one is just another shampoo to me in terms of scent.

Axe Primed Just Clean: Masculine Scent and Deep Cleaning

from Houston, TX

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

Are you annoyed that hair care products are almost always geared toward the fairer sex? There is, of course, a good reason for this: Women care more about their hair and spend more time and money on hair care products. Still, there are a few shampoos made for men and one is Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo.

Shampoo Facts and Commentary:

Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo is a shampoo made with men in mind and this is obvious from the moment the bottle is opened. The smell is distinctly masculine and cologne- like, similar to other Axe products. The shampoo is reasonably thick, but it lathers up quickly and rinses clean in almost no time at all.

Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo is a good shampoo for those times when you need some really good, thorough cleaning. The product eliminates dirt and oils in almost no time at all, and it leaves the hair squeaky clean. There is no escaping the cleaning power of a shampoo like this one and it makes a good choice for that reason alone.

Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo is nice for the way it cleans, but one issue I have with this product is that it doesn’t moisturize and it can really dry out the hair and scalp over time. This is not good if, like me, you already have dry hair and a dry scalp. If you do, then you may want to consider a product like this only on an occasional basis.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

I like Axe products for their masculine scent and Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo certainly has an appealing aroma. It does tend to dry out the hair and scalp if used too frequently, but its ability to scrub the hair clean is well above average and it makes a good addition to your hair care routine.

This Axe product scrubs the hair clean with vigor, but it also can dry out the hair and scalp if used too frequently.

The scent is distinctly masculine and most men will like it very much.

Wow! Feels great!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

My man got a sample of this Axe 'clean' shampoo with his deoderant and I had to try it.  I love the way Axe products smell on him.  He told me that the shampoo didn't have such a profound scent like the rest of their products, so I gave it a try.  It's electic blue which, being a girl really got me excited.  The smell is very nice, not overpowering so I don't smell like a guy.  My hair felt amazing and clean after one use.  I will be buying a full sized product, for myself... I know it's for men, but when a shampoo rocks this much, I have to have a bottle.

What A surprise!

from Cerritos, CA

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

Who woulda' thunk it, I used this shampoo, AXE Primed Just Clean brand, I personally would not have purchased this product. I think AXE is gimmicky. It was gift, Christmas 2008 to be exact. It stayed in my cabinet since then, I first used it March, 2009 (I am not a re-gifter). I was out of my regular brand and did not have time to run out and replace it so I tried this shampoo as an emergency back up. What a surprise! I actually liked it. It lathers extremely well with only a little amount,, has a very pleasant smell and my hair came out shiny, soft, and deeper in color. It recommends using a conditioner (by AXE, of course), but I did not use any, my regular brand is 2 n 1. I have no complaints and as a result have not yet replaced my normal brand, Head and Shoulders, and this is the end of April, 2009.

Axe is the best shampoo I've ever used

from Upland, CA

Comments about Axe Primed Just Clean Shampoo:

I always used a variety of different shampoos, and when i came across Axe, it became the only one i asked for. It does everything it says it does, and this one in combination with other conditioners, really gets you clean and makes you feel fresh. I would recommend this product for any guy.