Other E-commerce Websites:
Avon

Pros

Cons

Definitely worth a try

I am not a loyal Avon fan but I have tried their cosmetics and made purchases online via their website "Avon.com" many times. I have never had any problems. The website is simple enough to use and displays all the products nicely, highlighting the offers. Speaking of a recent experience, I made a purchase on their website for myself and my mom a couple of weeks ago. The ordering process is simple with an easy checkout. I received my complete order as promised and in good condition.

Avon.com is definitely a good place to shop for your cosmetics, they have a wide selection of products and you can easily select items based on your skin/hair/make up concerns or preferences. They also have a helpful tab called Assistance on their website which explains the ways in which one can shop on the website. You can also shop online with one of their representative by clicking on the tab and signing up. Overall, a satisfactory experience.

You ignore me,I ignore you. No more orders for Avon.com from me!

***Quick View:*** I hate to be contrary when so many people are high on a website but I have been having nothing but trouble with  and I wanted to share my experience. It may be an isolated one but it still caused me a LOT of headaches!

***About Avon.com***

I'm not a big fan of Avon products in general but, every now and then, I make an order when they have sales or gifts with purchase. I recently went to the site to make an order and, after an hour and a half of carefully choosing my products, I was unable to complete my transaction due to a website error. Disgruntled, I clicked off the site.

The next day, I tried again. I spent a lot of time choosing what I wanted and this time, I was able to pay for my order. But  I didn't get a confirmation email. I was worried about that so I wrote to** Avon.com**'s customer service asking if they received my order. The answer was no, they had not. They instructed me to reorder. Sigh.

The next day, I went back and reordered things, switching up a few items. This time the order went through and I got a confirmation email. Progress!

Just as I thought my issues were behind me, CS wrote me an email saying that they had two orders for me, made a day apart. They said if I didn't want one to refuse it when it was delivered. The problem was, the two orders weren't exact and I wanted the second order I made. They told me that the first order made would come first and the second next. Refuse the first one. Allrighty then,

The first order came and I didn't touch the box. I wasn't home to refuse the shipment from UPS but planned to go to UPS to return the box. The next day, another order arrived. I opened that one since that was (in theory) the one I wanted to keep. But it wasn't. It was the FIRST order. For some reason the second order came first and the first order came second and now I was stuck with an opened box of products I didn't want.

I called CS. This girl said to just tape the opened box up and refuse the shipment and I wouldn't be charged shipping back to them. Hmm. I tried to do that but part of the label was torn. I called back and was told, had I done what the first girl said to do, I would have been charged return shipping. Sigh. She said she would send me a free shipping label "as a courtesy". EXCUSE ME? I think I was being courteous not going off on them for instructing me to make a second order then telling me "Oops, we have two orders now."

Adding to my woes, the first box I opened was missing three items and I know Avon will think I took them. I did tell everyone I spoke to about it but it's clear that they don't communicate with one another nor make notes about calls.

I wrote several emails to Avon's customer service and they stopped responding to me completely. I sent them a letter about this whole ordeal and I heard nothing back from them. They wrote me off. Just as I am writing off **Avon.com**.

If I want Avon products in the future, I'll just go to eBay and get them at near cost from reps. Avon really has nothing I NEED although they have a few items I like. I won't use the site to order again even if I can't find the products elsewhere. The favor of a reply to a customer by email isn't much to ask and yet **Avon.com** has decided to ignore me. Back at ya, **Avon.com**!

***My Viewpoint***

I don't have issues with the products that Avon sells and I haven't had really bad issues shopping on their site. Until now. I would be willing to deal with this in an adult matter (and AM) but the fact that **Avon.com** sent me on a wild goose chase, made me make a second order, didn't pack the first order right, gave me wrong info twice, and is ignoring my emails leads me to rate the site ***1 star***. I shop all over the net all the time and, when I am ignored and mislead, I don't go back to a site no matter how wonderful everyone says it is.

Used to be better.

from Florida

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Avon.com:

I have used various Avon products for what seems like as long as I can remember. From bubble bath to mascara

In the last couple of years I have noticed that the quality of product has really gone downhill, at least As far as cosmetics go.

One of the plus sides to Avon is they have started to carry a lot more clothing and toys and such. I've made some toy purchases from them and have to say that for the price They hold up well.

The catalogs haven't really changed much in the time that I have been reading them. They're pretty much set up exactly the same as they have been for as long as I remember. It's not necessarily a bad thing, if it works for them - then why change it?

The website is one of the better designed ones. It's easy to understand, easy to use and easy to follow. Ordering is simple.

I've made several orders From the website and haven't had any problems. I have also made orders from the catalog, ordering from the catalog takes longer so personally I order from the website whenever I make an order.

Customer service is pretty friendly, they know there stuff better than I would have thought.

Overall there is some good and some bad, just like with most companies. My best advice for shopping with them is to be. Aware of what you're buying.

Great website.

from Kansas

Comments about Avon.com:

I like Avon products; however, I hate having to buy from one of their certified sellers and look through those tiny little magazines you always see around. You can skip dealing with another person and just order directly from their website instead. Their website offers FAR more options than you will see in their small magazine. It is simple to navigate and the website runs smoothly. They have average shipping pricing and time. You are quickly able to return items if there is an error. I have been ordering my favorite mascara and eye liner from them for years and I love using their website.

The website is very easy to navigate due to it being organized by makeup type.

Product Selection
They offer all of their Avon products online, which consists of many more items than is included in their little magazines.

Product Pricing
Sometimes I find Avon to be a little expensive but you can find good deals on their website if you check in every once and a while.

Average.

Just as Good as Your Local Avon Lady

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Avon.com:

Years ago, I sold Avon and always liked their products. In the past years they have expanded from just makeup and perfume to gifts, clothing, home goods and more. If you don't have an Avon Lady, you can order all their products online at Avon.com. Each product category is broken down into sections such as Jewelry, Fragrance, What's New, Sale Items, and more. The website is easy and fun to use. Often they have codes you can use for discounts such as 20 percent off. They have some very cute seasonal decorations as well. You can order all your makeup here and have it shipped to you. You can also look at the most recent Avon brochure. If you like Avon products, then you owe it to yourself to take a look at this website. It is easy to use and the product selection is enormous. The prices are very reasonable as well. Customer service was very helpful to me on the few occasions that I called them. Shipping is quick and returns are easy too

Love this website.

from TN

Comments about Avon.com:

My mom has always ordered herself and I things from Avon representatives since I was a little girl. I love that they now have the option of ordering from a website. Avon.com is one of my favorite websites to browse and order from. They have a really wide variety of things to browse through. My favorite section to go to is the makeup section. I have used their makeup for years. It is really great quality and always looks nice when I wear it. The jewelry section on the website is really fun to look at too. They have a lot of in style and up to date jewelry available. My absolute favorite thing about the website though is the prices. They are amazing! I have never thought that something on the website was overpriced. Everything is very reasonably priced and worth every penny you spend on it. I have even ran across a lot of special deals offered on the website. I would recommend this website to others because there is truly something on it for everyone. They have perfume, men's cologne, toys, makeup, and even clothes.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Avon.com:

I have used Avon.com several times to order their products. The first time I used the web site I had quite a bit of difficulty finding an Avon representative in my area, then finding the right links to click on to place an order. After studying the web site for some time, I was able to find what links I needed to click on to take me to the places I needed to be to be able to look at products and place my orders. I think in general, I had so much difficulty because the web site was set up way different than the basic web sites I normally use. As far as the company, Avon, I don't have any issues. Their prices are slightly higher than products I can buy in a store, but this is a specific brand I can't find in stores to purchase. Their products have always arrived on time and in good condition despite some of the things I had ordered was during the summer time in triple digit temperatures.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great time saving e. commerce site

from Texas

Comments about Avon.com:

I confess that I never expected to do much shopping on the web but I find that I am doing most of my shopping on the web. Shopping on the web is like having a whole mall of stores to choose from and I can shop when I want and I don't even have to dress to go shopping. Avon has a great web site to shop on and now I don't miss out on those cute holiday items that they offer. This web site is convenient and is a great site to shop for your favorite cosmetics or those holiday items.

Just fill in the order form and in a few days you will have your products. No more sales reps or catalogs. This web site is one of the easiest you will find and they will store your information so when you place another order it is even easier.

Product Selection
The selection is great and I have no problem finding things that I want to order.

Product Pricing
Great pricing -it's Avon. They even have specials to choose from. I always check to see what the requirements are for free or discounted shipping and have found that if I order another item, my shipping is reduced. It's like getting a freebee.

Customer Service
A quick phone call has answered any questions that I have. Very service oriented company.

Shipping and Returns
I have never had to return anything but Avon's return policy is generous so I would not expect any problem.

Avon .com's website

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Avon.com:

I have found Avon .com's website to be a little old fashioned in it's look and navigation. I have recently shopped there, and I have been making purchases on Avon .com over the course of 3 years now. I am very surprised that they have not updated their website. The overall experience is not that exciting to me. There is a product that they sell that I can't get anywhere else so I often go to that website to shop and I always find myself thinking that it needs improvement.

The ease of use gets a bit daunting for me because I feel like I have to make too many clicks with my mouse just to look around at stuff and read things when shopping on Avon. com's website.

Product Selection
The product selection is great.

Product Pricing
The product pricing is on the more expensive side to me for their items.

Customer Service
As far as their customer service, I have emailed them before and got a very cheerful and helpful response from one of their representatives.

Shipping and Returns
Their shipping times and estimates of deliver is always accurate.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Avon.com:

I have been a consumer of Avon.com for years and I love a lot of the products they have to offer. I like to purchase Avon.com various products they have to offer. I have purchased makeup, houseware products and sportswear in the past and present.

The pricing of most of the products featured on Avon.com are a bargain. Shopping on Avon.com makes things a lot easier than having to shop around at various stores. I can sit in the comfort of my own home and shop online knowing that the products that I choose to order are of great quality.

I have never had to return anything that I have purchased from Avon.com as of yet. Whenever I have a question about a certain item offered by Avon.com, customer service representatives have been more than helpful and friendly.

I will continue to shop at Avon.com because there are always products that I need and use on a daily basis. I have recommend Avon.com to family and friends throughout the years.

always a fun experience

Comments about Avon.com:

I usually do my cosmetics shopping through Avon.com. I love their glimmersticks, naturals products, and sales. There's always something special going on and their outlets are excellent for finding fun gifts or trying new colors.

Their desktop website is wonderful but the mobile site is not very useful. It's hard to select colors and sizes on the mobile site and often returning to a page removes all filters and settings. But if browsing from the main site is easy and functional.

Product Selection
My only complaint is that the LTOs don't often make a comeback. I love their selection of colors and scents. Chromes and metallics, pastels and jewel tones, etc. the banana coconut naturals set is my favorite and their Skin So Soft rocks.

Product Pricing
The prices are fairly reasonable, especially when you stock up during the sales.

Customer Service
I've only had one issue that needed resolving and they were helpful and courteous. I had ordered several products but they had been left on the walkway outside my apartment by the delivery company and stolen. They resent my order out promptly and this time delivered to the management office.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is usually free if you purchase over a certain amount, and I've never had to return anything.

• Shipping and Returns:

Kind of confusing, but good.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Avon.com:

This is one of the most confusing sites I have ever used repeatedly. All the ladies in my family love the Avon products, so shopping for them is easily taken care of all in one spot. I must admit some of the confusion is probably from my unfamiliarity with a lot of the products. Once I had a better idea of how to search for products the better the site seemed to perform for me. I also like how the Avon site makes the sale and clearance items un-mistakable. Using the site for me is much better than a local representative, I can find the products I want without the pressures of a salesperson pushing the things i do not want. The online reviews available on most every product on the site makes it easy to judge a product you have never tried to decide if you want to try it. I will forever be an Avon customer, the site makes it easier to find products I would normally have to beg a local Avon representative to find for me. The site also has great sharing options which is a great idea for folks like me my wife and other ladies in my family can share the items they like on various social media and all I have to do is click to find exactly the product they want, but at my convenience.

Product Pricing
The pricing is a little high but the convenience is worth it.