Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:
Avon

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

This age-defying hand cream actually does appear to defy age!

I'm all for any product that is "age defying" as long as it works.  Unfortunately though, the majority of products don't.  It's very difficult to find a product that actually works without paying enormous amounts of money for it and even then, it doesn't always work.  I am happy to report that I have found one product that is affordable and actually works pretty good!  It's **Avon**** SKIN SO SOFT Renew & Refresh Age-Defying+ Hand Cream.**

***Manufacturer claims...***

Age Defying+ now, with breakthrough age-correcting complex starts to correct the signs of age damage in less than 2 weeks.  Reveals younger, healthier-looking hands in 1 week

***What I say...***

This hand moisturizer is white and thicker than most hand creams.  It has a pleasant scent that is not overwhelming.  When I apply it to my hands, it absorbs quickly and makes my hands feel soft and silky.  I usually apply it once in the morning and once at night.  Within a few days of continuous use, I did notice that my hands looked smoother and younger looking.

***My Final Viewpoint...***

**Avon SKIN SO SOFT Renew & Refresh Age-Defying+ Hand Cream **does a good job at accomplishing what it advertises.  It is affordable, has a pleasant scent, and indeed does make my hands look younger.  I recommend this product and I am a giving it a 4 star rating.  It would have been 5 if it contained sunscreen.

Anti-Aging Hand Cream

I enjoy Avon products and I find them to be of a good quality for their price point. That is why I was a little bit disappointed overall with this cream. While it did do a good job of treating my dry patches on my hands and forearms it did nothing to treat the discolorations and uneven skin tones. The cream has a nice smell to it and it is of a fair size bottle, but I would have preferred the cream to do a little bit more for my skin tone.

Absorption
The texture of the cream allows it to absorb rather quickly, although I found there to be a slight stickiness and a slight oily sheen to my hand for quite some time after I applied the lotion. An easy solution to this is to wear a pair of the cotton moisture gloves for a bit after applying. This worked for me at night. Because of the aforementioned stickiness I stopped using this at work.

Doesn't Clog Pores
My hands did not have any clogged pores or blemishes on them after use. I find that the vast majority of Avon products are very good at not clogging pores.

I used this product on my hands and my forearms where I have patches of extremely dry and discolored skin. I found that while this treated the dry patches effectively, I was disappointed to still see the discolorations in skin tone. I would most likely try another product which would not only treat the dry patches but the uneven skin tones.

This product is is awful for dry skin..

from Warren, OH

Comments about Avon Skin So Soft Renew & Refresh Age-Defying+ Overnight Corrective Hand Treatment:

I bought this product through my Avon lady about 3 years ago. I used it religiously and followed the directions to a T. Within 5 days my skin was more dry then when I started and I broke out in red blotches. But it would probably work very differentially on someone else.

Absorption
When applied it does absorb really quickly. But thats when I noticed my skin burn a little. But I just chalked it up to being a new product. And it does feel nice and creamy going on, and the smell is pleasent.

Doesn't Clog Pores
After 2-3 days I noticed right away that my pores were very clog and noticeable.

I only gave it a 2 because of my experience with red blotches and itching. Although it would probably work differently on someone else.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

A really nice hand cream that renews my skin.

from lakeland, florida

Avon Skin-so-Soft Renew and Refresh Age-Defying+ Overnight Corrective Hand Treatment is really good. I like how it helps to relieve the dry and cracked issues I have with my hands. I have used many hand creams, trying to find one that will help to heal and repair the painful dryness I deal with during the cold months. This is one of the ones that worked really great. It really absorbs quickly and does not leave a greasy and wet feeling. I hate that feeling, so I was happy to see that this product does not do it. The cost for the hand cream is affordable and I usually always have a tube in my bathroom cabinet, just in case I need it. Also, because of the drying out and cracking, my hands had started to take on a older look, until I started using this cream. It definitely helped the skin on my hands start to look younger and healthier. I started to notice a difference about a week after I had started using it regularly. I think that this is a very good hand cream that is affordable and I definitely recommend it.

Anti-Aging Hand Cream

from Eastlake, OH

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Definitely works and so worth a try!!

from Ann Arbor MI

I absolutely love this product. My hands were starting to get wrinkles on them (I think from old age, but also sun exposure and whatnot). This cream works so well, it almost completely got rid of my wrinkles and it definitely helped with the dryness of my hands. It doesn't feel oily or slippery like some other hand creams do, but it absorbs right into the skin and it makes it feel smooth and soft. In the winter, my hands always have a problem with dryness. Every lotion I've tried doesn't work; the dryness and flakiness will come back within a week. This hand cream, though, has worked wonders and I would for sure recommend it to anybody who has a problem with dry or wrinkly hands.

Absorption
It absorbs right into the skin, and doesn't leave it feeling oily or slippery. I usually only put on lotion on the back of my hands because if i put it on my palms, it makes them feel sweaty and clammy. This lotion, though, doesn't make them feel like that, and I can finally moisturize the palms of my hands.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Avon Skin So Soft Overnight Corrective Hand Treatment works!

from Dallas, GA

After I had a child, I found that I was washing everything all the time. It really messed up my hands. I tried wearing gloves but then your hands start to sweat and it defeats the purpose. I asked my Avon Representative what she would recommend. My hands were so dry and red and in pain. She told me to try Avon Skin So Soft Overnight Corrective Hand Treatment. She also recommended that I wear cotton gloves with it so I bought some. It was kinda weird sleeping with gloves on my hands but I managed to do so most of the night. All you do is right before bed, apply the Avon Skin So Soft overnight corrective hand treatment on your hands. You need to apply a generous amount but it absorbs really well as long as you don't put too much. Then put your gloves on. Crawl into bed and go to sleep. When you wake up the next morning your hands feel wonderful. They are so soft and feel so good. If your hands are really bad you might need to do this for two or three nights to give them a chance to repair and heal. Whenever I buy this, I always buy 2 tubes so that I always have plenty on hand. It's a great product!

Doesn't Clog Pores
It's for your hands, not your face.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Pacquins addicts take note! Avon has a reasonable replacement.

from Los Angeles, CA

*Pacquins Hand Cream* lovers came out of the woodwork when I wrote my review long ago.  Little did I know that the product was disappearing even as I wrote.  Since then, mine has been an eyes-wide and chapped-hands-ready search for something that would come close to the 50+-years-old *Pacquins*.

Now, at last, I've found something that does the job as an "overnight corrective hand treatment".  If it doesn't quite reach to the *Pacquins* standard, it will surely do well for now.

**Avon Skin So Soft Renew & Refresh Age-Defying Overnight Corrective Hand Treatment** is true to its very long name.  It comes in a 2.5 fluid ounce tube, is white in color, has a very light scent, and smooths on very easily.

You may notice that **Avon**'s *Age Correcting Complex and Patented Radiance Technology* briefly leave a shine on the skin.   This reflects **Avon**'s intention to "minimize the appearance  of dark blotches and age spots, and to even out skin tone".  While this seems irrelevant in an overnight cream, if it keeps copy writers employed, I'm all for it.

One of my primo requirements in a hand cream is that it doesn't leave me with sticky palms.  **Avon's Corrective** passes the test unlike so many other creams I've tried.  I'm also pleased with the way this **Treatment** calms my hangnails.

Since I've not used this **Avon** cream through a winter of dry hands, I can't assure anyone that **Avon's Corrective** will ultimately be a *Pacquins* equivalent.  While it contains mineral oil, petrolatum, jojaba seed oil, and numerous plant extracts and other God-knows-what preservatives and emulsifiers, it does NOT contain the lanolin which always seemed to propel *Pacquins* into excellence.

For now, I find it far above average.  We'll let wintertime use add the final (hopefully positive) chapter.

soooo soft

from Daytona Beach, FL

I have a small problem, I love this hand cream and its sister Soft and Sensual. Both creams work so well, and actually last for while. After just a few days of using them, my extremely dry hands were becoming softer and I noticed they were not nearly as dry. In a little over a week of continued use, my hands were no longer my own. They were soft, supple, and unlike anything I had ever experienced. I was rendered speechless because I can not recall a time in which my hands were ever this soft. I had played all sorts of sports throughout my childhood and into adulthood. I never imagined that there might be a product out there that could make my hands as soft as others hands I had touched in life. But somehow that product actually existed. Thanks to AVON, I am no longer afraid of someone seeing or touching my hands. No words will ever describe my appreciation for such a miracle product. You can wear it with a fragrance of your own and it won't interfere.

Skin So Soft is the best product in it's class.

from Saint Louis, MO

This product does exactly what it states. I normally used more often in the spring and summer months. Skin so soft products are used by a lot of my friends and not only because of it's ability to soften your skin, it's great for any out doors activity, at Bar-B-Que's, out on the lake, or just relaxing outside by the pool, it protects your from Mesquito's, for some reason or another Skin so soft repels them. I'm not sure if they don't like the scent, or if there is some special reason.

Maybe this is a repellent, and it just happens to make your skin soft? I am not sure but every one I know that uses this product all agree..some only use it for the purpose of a Mosquito repellent I also know that if you were to ask anyone who has ever even heard of it, the conversation will always be in agreement for it's ability to soften skin as well as allow them to enjoy the spring and summer seasons without Mosquito bites .

The scent of this product is also a pleasant fragrance that Women and Men alike can use this product, it is a light and neutral frangrance without the perfume smell...Wow what a great product, I would recommend Skin so soft for children as well. It's gentle nature allows for children with allergies and sensitive skin to also be protected in the out of doors.

The bottle that Skin so soft comes in is also a neutral thing, where one can see the products soft colour, but is simple in it's appearance, and not too flashy, keeping the men from feeling awkwart with this product in their bathroom.

Best hand lotion on the market!

from Cincinnati, OH

I have severely dry skin.  My hands get so bad in the winter that they often crack and bleed!  I think this hand cream is by far the best on the market!!  I love that it goes on so smooth and doesn't feel really thick, but at the same time, it really does the job!  My hands have been great this winter!  I have not bled from dry skin yet.  One thing I really suggest with it is to get a pair of moisturizing gloves and put the cream on and then the gloves while you sleep.  You wake up and your hands really do feel so silky smooth!  I use it after every time I wash my hands and it has just been a life changer really.  Having cracked hands all the time really sucked!  They would catch on things and just felt weird to touch anything.  I love that I no longer have to deal with that.  To top it off, this cream actually has a very refreshing and light scent as well.  I don't like things very strong, so its perfect!

Avon Hand Cream a little greasy at first but love the end result

from Mason, OH

I love Avon Skin-So-Soft Renew and Refresh Age-Defying+ Hand Cream.  The product is a little greasy when first applied, but quickly absorbs leaving hands feeling silky.  I am left with very soft moisturized hands all day.  It even makes my skin more firm and gives my hands a beautiful subtle glow.  I have always loved the claming fragrance of all the Avon Skin-So-Soft products.  I am also very impressed with Avon for providing such a great hand cream at such a great price.  I highly recommend Avon Skin-So-Soft Renew and Refresh Age-Defying+ Hand Cream to all women.