Other Body Lotions:
Avon

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Silicone Glove is like wearing a glove made of silicone!

Is there anyone who has never used Avon?  I thnk they make at least a little bit of everything!  Lotions seem to be a specialty!

I have been using...Read complete review

I have been using Avon forever it seems.  My mother has been selling it since I was a child & that was a long, long time ago.  I still use it among many other lines.  But one product that no one seems to be able to beat is Silicone Glove.

Silicone Glove feels just like the name says---like you are wearing a glove of silicone!  You put this lotion on & forget it!  It stays on even after you wash your hands although I suggest that you reapply, because if you use a lot of soap, you lose a lot of it!  It is after all a lotion, not a miracle!

This lotion is very soothing & softening.  I have never used anything that felt any better! The container says that the extra boost comes from Silicone & Glycerin.  It says it is formulated with intensive moisturizers & serious skin protection.  What I can tell you is that if you have dry skin problems on your hands to the point that they feel like sand paper; (that is the way mine feel) Avon's Silicone Glove is for you!

If you don't have an Avon rep, you can find more info at [www.avon.com][1]

I try to keep a small tube in my purse, a tube by my computer, & a tube by my bedside!

[1]: http://www.avon.com/

Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream is not like cream

Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream is not like any other hand cream I have ever used. It really is more like its name suggests -- It is like a silicone glove. My husband works on cars and he has a product that he applies on his hands. Then after his hands get greasy, he washes it off and the hand-protecting coating washes off with the grease.

This product is similar in concept to that. It doesn't really work very well as an traditional moisturizer that adds moisture to your hands. It actually feels more like it seals the moisture in so your hands don't get dried out.

It has a light scent. I like the scent of the blue label best. When I apply it, the scent doesn't last, so my hands don't have a strong scent all day.

When I first tried it, I just put it on my hands and rubbed it in. It didn't help to moisturize the dry skin. But then I was told I should moisturize first, then apply this over the moisturizer. I tried that with a bit more success.

But I don't see the point of using this. The moisturizer I put on first moisturizes my dry skin. So putting this on top of the moisturizer isn't really necessary.

I'll rate it a score of 6. I will probably never purchase it again.

Chapstick for your hands

from New York, NY

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

Overall I would say I like this lotion. My mother is a teacher and I also work with young children so we both wash out hands a lot, which causes dryness. I also walk outdoors a lot as I live in NYC. This also can make my hands feel very dry and chapped. This lotion actually feels like Chapstick for my hands. It's very thick and you really need to rub it in to make the greasy white residue disappear. But once it's does disappear, your hands feel silky for a few hours (although not 24 hours like they claim).

The bottle states that this is not scented. This is simply not true. The smell is light; however, it is still not a smell I am fond of or would choose if this didn't feel so good on my hands. The scent is so odd that I can't even put words to it.

Absorption
You really need to rub this lotion in. It's like Chapstick. It can feel very greasy. However, once it does absorb it feels great.

It doesn't keep my hands moisturizer for the long term; however, it makes them feel silky for the short term.

Feels like a glove

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

This is one of the more unique offerings from Avon. What I mean is that it is called a cream, but in my opinion is more like a lotion. I am familiar with Avon, since way back when I was young I sold it for a while. Most creams come in a jar and you scoop them out to apply, this one is in a tube that you squirt out into your hands. This is why in my opinion it should be called a lotion. I find it has a different consistency all together than a cream, it is thinner and doesn't offer as much substance. It does work well as the name intends, like a glove, but I find it is more like a barrier, maybe you are supposed to use another cream first, then apply this. It is a nice scent, nothing fancy, just the basic smell of lotions and creams, and does not linger on your skin. I think this works well on hands and elbows, and does provide a nice amount of softness after you have applied it. I just don't feel it is as effective as some other creams made for the skin. As far as cost, you can't beat the price and they almost always have a sale at Avon. I would recommend as casual lotion, but I prefer a stronger cream for very dry skin, that's just my opinion.

Typical lotion smell

Pretty decent

Not too bad

• Absorption:

A wonderful product I keep in my purse all of the time

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

I have been using this product for years. My aunt has sold Avon for as long as I can remember and this is one of my favorite products.
This product really works well for helping hands that have become dry from dry weather or excess washing of the hands. I always am washing my hands or my child's hands since I have small children at home. My hands are always dry and when I go for a manicure, the technician is always telling me that my cuticles are dry and brittle.
I have found that this product does help put moisture into my hands, but I do find that my hands are a bit oily and this lotion take awhile to absorb completely. It does last awhile before I have to reapply, but is not a 24 hour hand cream as they advertise.
I like this product and will continue using it as my go to hand cream.

The scent is not very nice, but its not terrible.

Absorption
This product is slow to absorb in the hands, it causes hands to feel oily for awhile after applying.

Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream is not like cream

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

I'll rate it a score of 6. I will probably never purchase it again.

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

Avon Silicon Glove Protective Hand Cream is a wonderful thick cream that really protects your hands. I have horrible eczema on my hands and I use this over my eczema creams to really keep it in my skin. It protects your hands when you wash dishes, wash your hands, or have to have them in water. It really acts like a glove on your hands and protects them from every day damage. It does not burn at all, does not leave a greasy feeling and rubs it very quickly.

I really don't know how to describe this scent, it's not the best scent ever but far from the worst. It has no perfume in it, it has more of a glycerin type scent to it.

Absorption
Absorbs extremely fast. It seriously rubs into my hands in mere seconds and my hands do not feel greasy or slick in the slightest.

This Avon Silicone Glove Hand Cream really does act like a glove on your hands. I have two little kids and wash dishes and my hands constantly and this cream really helps them from over drying. I also use it over my prescription eczema cream and it helps to keep the medicine on my hands and helps it from being washed off.

My winter life saver

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

I absolutely can not live without this 'lotion' during the winter. My knuckles get so dry and rough they will crack and bleed. This is the only product I have found to offer any relief and it doesn't burn on open skin. It is super thick and creamy, soaks in really well, and last for hours, even after washing my hands several times. I don't think it actually moisturizes my skin all that much, but they feel soooo much better after applying it and it acts similar to lip balm, protecting my skin from the elements while I'm outside for hours each day in the brutal cold and wind. It really does smell like silicone, but it is not a strong obnoxious smell.

Smells of silicone (obviously) but it isn't a strong odor and after a few minutes the smell is gone completely.

Absorption
I apply it super thick in the morning and it soaks in really well. Goes on thick and creamy and stays for hours.

I have not found another product that offers me the relief that silicone glove does. I panic when I get close to running out. My hands go from cracked, painful, rough and uncomfortable to soft and comfortable in just minutes. It protects for hours, lasts through washing, and as a bonus it helps protect my skin from staining when they get covered in grease, oil, etc.

• Absorption:

Awesome lotion that heals and protect dry skin.

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

This lotion is very good for people who suffer from dry cracking skin caused by winter weather and constantly washing your hands. It soothes dry skin and also moisturizes and heals dry skin. I like hand cream that heals and protects skin. It is like a soothing quencher for dry skin.

The scent is very light and pleasing

Absorption
Absorbs very well and makes skin very soft and silky. It doesn't have a greasy feeling when you apply.

I have inherited dry and sometimes cracking skin from my father. I feel more confident when I use this Avon Silicon glove lotion because it seems like it is the best effective lotion for my dry and frequently washed hands. It makes skin softer and feel more silky and less dry and the feeling of hands more healthy and less dry. My beautician gave me some to try and I really thought it made a difference in the way it protects and heals dry skin. love that it get's the job of healing dry skin done.

All around great product

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

I love this product. It is offered in sample and full sizes through your local AVON representative. This product is great for winter protection to prevent dry, cracked and element exposure for hands. A little goes a long way! It goes on smooth and silky, but does not leave your hands greasy. I used to work in an office, and this was my go to hand cream. I could apply it and immediately go back to paperwork and not have that sticky, greasy feeling when handling papers. This product is an AVON staple, and has a great price point. This product looks and feels like a balm, almost like a petroleum jelly product, but leaves your hands covered in a layer of protection without a sticky, greasy, slippery feel.

This product usually says it is unscented, but as with all unscented products, it does have a scent. It is a gentle, mild and clean smell that fades quickly.

Absorption
The technology of this product is different, the products sits on the skin for protection, but moisturizes thoroughly. I think absorption is slow, but not in a bad way..not only is it absorbing, it is penetrating.

My personal opinion is that this product is 100% effective. Amazing moisture and protection without any smelly, greasy or sticky effects.

• Absorption:

Excellent moisture & inexpensive.

from Michigan

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream is a product I grew up with as my mother bought Avon products religiously. This hand cream is a tried and true product that has been around for as long as I can remember. There is nothing gimmicky about it. It is long lasting moisture for an excellent price. There is no perfumey smell to it. It absorbs well and does what it says it will do. This product is great for people with sensitive skin. I can always go right in buying this hand cream. My whole family will use it, including my husband and my teenage son. This hand cream is never greasy and it is very light. It is good for anyone to use. I can count on the moisture this hand cream provides all most of the day. It is well worth the very little that you pay for it. I like to stock up once in a while because I can afford to with this hand cream. This product is one of the best from Avon.

• Absorption:

One Product you should always have on hand

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Avon Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream:

Avon's silicone glove is one of those hand products that every household should keep on hand. It isn't the greatest hand moisturizer there are many other hand creams that are better but it is the greatest hand protector I have found. If you do lots of yard work or car work or any type of job where dirt and grime can sink into your skin, Silicone Glove helps a lot. It does stop lots of the grime from sinking into the skin and makes it much easier to wash the grime away if you have applied this cream before doing any work. It does help to keep the moisture in your hands while doing the work as well. It goes on very smooth but has a different feeling from other hand creams. It has a very pleasant scent and causes no allergic reaction. It is very inexpensive for what it does especially if you buy a number of tubes at once so you don't have to pay multiple shipping charges. I highly recommend it as a hand protector when doing the dirty jobs around the home