Other Body Lotions:
Avon
Avon SKIN SO SOFT Original Body Lotion

A Dual Action Product

Skin So Soft lotion is a great product. When I was growing up, my grandmother was an Avon lady so I would see all the Avon products that would come into her house and get to smell all the different scents of Skin So Soft (and others) and see all the different colored bottles. Skin So Soft lotion doubles as both a body lotion and a bug repellent in the summer so while that leaves some lingering questions environmentally, I'd say it's a great two-fer product. It does what it says because your Skin is So Soft after using it and protected from any mosquito bites. Most bug sprays smell like you just sprayed yourself with Agent Orange so I love the scents of Skin So Soft lotion as opposed to regular bug spray. The lotion also has a nice smooth not too runny consistency. Absorption It absorbs really well, no complaints! Effectiveness Considering it can both hydrate you skin, make you smell nice, AND be a bug repellent, well, that's pretty damn effective! :)

Avon Skin so Soft Body Lotion

My grandmother used to give my a bath in the Avon Skin so Soft bath oil when I was a kid, so I was excited when I found the lotion. I still use the skin so soft bath oil, and I am so happy I added the lotion. It feels very silky when I put it on, and the feeling lasts forever! The only downside to this lotion is that it leaves a greasy feel on my skin for a few hours. It almost feels like it doesn't absorb well, but it's worth it. I have extremely dry skin, but this lotion takes care of that completely. In the summer, I spend a lot of time outside with my kids. We have a lot of mosquitoes in the area we live, and it get bitten almost every day. I've tried a lot of creams for bug bites, and none of them help. The only thing that has helped me is using this lotion. It takes the itch away almost immediately, and it seems to reduce the redness and swelling. I use it on my boys for their mosquito bites as well. I am so satisfied with this lotion, and I recommend it to all my friends!

true

Avon skin so soft lotion review

Avon products are one of the best amongst their competitors and that makes me want to try any of their products I come across. One day I received a free sample of the Avon skin so soft original body lotion at home and I really liked it so I went out and bought it from Target. I really love the lotion because it is not greasy and heavy on the skin. It lubricates and moisturizes very well and the best part is it makes skin so soft just like the name says. It also smells so well, everybody will notice it whenever you have it on. Also it is not as expensive as other Avon products and it comes in a very good sized container. Overall, I love it because it is like getting the best deal from a product that works very well and is affordable too. It also lasts very long on the skin and best of all; it does not dry you out. I do recommend it and if you decide to try it, you will agree with me that it is a very good quality lotion.

Classic from Avon!

I truly love this product. This lotion is a classic. It has such a signature lovely scent. Its moisturizing capabilities are fantastic too. I especially love to use this on my elbows, knees and feet. A little dollop of this lotion goes so far. This is great in the summer, a light soft lotion that is not greasy, plus it also acts a mosquito repellant. Scent I would give this scent a twenty if it were an option. This is one of my favorite scents in the beauty industry. Light, floral, and blends in well with my other perfumes or you can wear it alone. I love to put this on after a bath. Absorption I love how light and non greasy this formula is. I especially love to use this in the summer when my thicker lotions can clog my pores. This is great right out of the shower because it absorbs so quickly you can get dressed and don't have to worry about grease or residue being on your clothes or pajamas. I also like to use this lotion with my cotton moisture gloves. The light formula makes my hands feel so soft and smooth. Effectiveness With the beauty of the scent, this lotion would score a nine on its own. However, its is also a lovely lotion for moisturizing your skin as well. I have very sensitive skin and I have had zero irritation from this.

true

Keeps my skin from getting dry in winter months

Avon Skin So Soft Original Body Lotion does a great job of keeping my skin from getting too dry during the winter months. I apply a small amount of this lotion, and it soaks into my skin well. It does not stay only on the surface and make my skin oily. I tend to have sensitive skin, but this doesn't cause any negative reactions for me. I also like that the scent is not overwhelming at all. I also like that this is so affordable. You can buy it on the Avon website or from an Avon Representative. Scent I like the scent of this because it is just a subtle scent. It's nothing too overwhelming that will overpower your perfume if you have some on. Absorption This absorbs into skin well, and it doesn't make your skin feel oily at all. Effectiveness This works great to keep my skin from getting dry in the winter months. I put this on once or twice a day, and it works great. I think it works just as well, if not better, than some of the expensive lotions that are on the market.

Undisclosed

true

Skin feels soft and smooth

During winter, my skin tears a lot and gets so dry and I get cracks on my leg and hand due to the chilly weather. I purchased this body lotion by Avon last month and I love it. The fragrance is just amazing and the body lotion makes you feel pleasant and fresh. I apply this body lotion before going to bed and in the morning before leaving for office so that my body feels warm and to protect it from the cold weather. After applying this body lotion, my skin feels smooth and soft and the dryness of the skin almost disappears. This product has helped me in curing my cracks on my legs and hands and now I can even wear skirts without any hesitation. A few drops of the body lotion are more than enough for the legs and hands and it does not feel sticky on the hand while applying. The price of this product is just perfect and Avon has always proved in being the best brand in the market.

Super Soft Skin in days!

I think this is one of Avon's best products. My sister sells AVON and I occasionally purchase from her. I love body lotions and decided to give the Skin SO Soft line a try. I am so happy that I did. I tend to get dry skin in the winter and need to slather on body lotion. Upon using, I noticed that the lotion had a very pleasant scent and was quite thick. Although it was thick, the lotion went on evenly and absorbed very fast into my skin. I noticed that my skin felt better after one use. My skin is dry and itches on occasion during the winter months. After one day of use, my skin did not itch nor did it feel dry. After three days of usage, my skin was noticeably softer and actually looked healthier and brighter. I no longer had alligator skin. My skin is now soft and supple. Scent The scent is very pleasing and soothing. It does not linger but is nice to smell during application of the lotion. Absorption This body lotion absorbs very fast into my skin. Effectiveness This body lotion is extremely effective at moisturizing skin and keeping it soft and supple.

Avon Skin So Soft Original Body Lotion Works Well

I was pleased to find the Original formula of Avon Skin So Soft in a lotion form. I have used Skin So Soft Original Body Oil for years with excellent results. I typically use Skin So Soft during the summertime to relieve skin issues associated with sun exposure or drying out from the elements at the beach like salt water and sand. It is a comforting and effective product to apply after showering or bathing, as it really locks in the moisture. Another reason for using during the summertime is it has some strange effect in helping to repel mosquitos. While it doesn't work as well as strong mosquito repellant sprays, it does a good job and carries a light and refreshing fragrance that those bug sprays cannot match. Smelling like Skin So Soft is a big improvement over smelling like chemicals in mosquito repellant sprays! This lotion form is a great way to apply the product throughout the day. It goes on smoothly and absorbs well. I still prefer the oil following a shower or bath, but find the oil to be too mess to apply at other times during the day. I'm not certain why the lotion has a slightly different fragrance than the original oil, but it's still very pleasant smelling.

true

Effective lotion, ineffective bug repellent.

I like (not love) the Avon Skin So Soft products, but don't buy this particular one because you think it's going to be a mosquito repellent. I've tried it for that and it didn't work, but maybe you can't blame Avon because I am a mosquito magnet. Steel body armor can't keep those darn things off me. I've used it on my daughters, though, and it doesn't really seem to keep the bugs off them either. I guess the most important part, however, is if this original body lotion from Avon actually moisturizes, and that it does. I'm not a fan of the scent like a lot of people are with that whole SSS line, but I am a fan of how it feels on the skin. Once you rub it in, you won't feel it anymore and it won't get on your clothes if you dress right away. I actually like a really greasy lotion because my skin is so dry year round, but this lotion is still effective. Most of my lotions will go on right after my shower when my skin is damp, but I have actually just left this one out on our patio or in our garage so I can use it on my hands if they get wet when working or playing outdoors. I can't stand dry hands, and I am always holding out hope that SSS will protect me from bugs, no matter which product I choose from the SSS line!!

true

Newer formula with jojoba oil is awful!

At one point this SSS lotion was the best before Avon decided to get fancy and change the ingredients. I was expecting and specifically wanting the original formula of Avon Skin So Soft Lotion when I saw this for sale online, however, it was the new one. When it came it was the one with Jojoba oil in it. I was bummed because obviously the true "original" is no longer available. This one smells musty and doesn't absorb on my skin. It doesn't make my skin feel healthy or smooth. It just causes a greasy feel on my body and I can't use it. Scent The smell is foul! It reminds me of mothballs and old clothing packed away in a dank dusty attic. I would describe this smell to be offensive to the senses. Absorption It is a very greasy lotion. It almost reminds me of the SSS bug spray as it just sits visible on my skin even after vigorously trying to get it to sink in. Effectiveness It's effectiveness did not shine through to me. If they bring back the old lotion ingredients this review would be easily close to the 10 mark.

false