Other Lips:
Avon
Avon Lipstick - All Products

Avon Lipstick - All Products

Fantastic lipstick for the price! I adore it!

I've been a fan of Avon products since I was a young girl and fell in love with the colorful catalogs my mom brought home from work every month. However, I hadn't tried their Ultra Color Rich lipstick until very recently, when I picked up a few samples from a representative at a street festival- Cherry Jubilee and Red. I'd been searching for some good matte reds for a while, and I thought I'd give the Color Rich lipsticks a try, since I'm already in love with Avon's Glazewear line.

I brought them home, and I was floored by the fantastic feeling they had on my lips and color they gave me. Just the tiny testers weren't enough for me, however, so I promptly ordered full size tubes in the next brocure. The shades are fantastic- the Red has blue tones, which are hard to find but are the only kind that look good on my pale, cool skin tone, and I was very pleased with Cherry Jubilee, a dark crimson. I'm a fan of gothic fashion, so a good dark red lipstick is a must, but I also want one that isn't too intense for everyday/on the job or with family wear, and Cherry Jubilee fits that perfectly. It's both dark and dramatic and yet perfect for daily wear at the same time.

The pigment lasts forever, too. I have put on this stuff in the morning, before class, and it's lasted through a whole cup of tea and then some. It's not drying at all, and the coverage is very even.

Overall, an excellent buy for the money. I highly recommend the reds to anyone looking for a good red lipstick.

Used to adore... now sorta lukewarm in feelings...

I used to adore Avon Lipsticks... the past couple of orders have left me with a bit of a bad feeling on my "lips"... Let me preface this be saying... I love the color choices and even now Avon has wonderful color choices... my problems are with the packaging and the"durablility" of the product... it seems that the actual lipstick is smaller and the packaging seems huge... of the past 3 orders I have made for lipsticks... all of them broke off... I emailed Avon about the problem and was told not to twist the lipstick up to high and not to push to hard... believe you me... I was quite outdone by their advice... as I have been a lipstick user for quite a few *smile* years...  This problem was not with any particular type either - I had it with the sheer, color rich and the plumping.... did I get hold of "bad" tubes... I have no idea... but needless to say I was quite disappointed... after finally talking to a Customer service rep. I was advised that I could easliy return the product to my representative... my representative is an elderly lady that does this as a suppliment to her income and I am unwilling to put this back on her... so I was told they could take a bunch of info and send me a mailing lable and I could send the product back in... needless to say, although my kids call me the coupon queen and I am always looking for the best price... I declined their offer... as usually I just chuck the tube in fear that it will get all over my bag.... so anyway I guess to say all this is ... Probably will stick to buying Clinque lipstick and Avon nailpolish

Nice Colors and Textures, But Leaves My Lips Dry And Peeling

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

"You just HAVE to try Avon lipstick- it is wonderful!"

I can not count the times that I have had my mother tell me those things about Avon lipstick. As a result over the span of many years, I have used Avon lipstick in almost every finish available.

Recently I was able to get some of the 24K lipsticks which were rather nice- although like most of the other Avon lipsticks, they did make my lips peel so I can only wear it once in a while. The color was very pigmented, lightweight, but pretty and unique.

Avon lipsticks come in a wide variety of finishes and textures. No matter which one I have tried, the end result seems to be that I have peeling lips.

The newer Avon lipsticks are nicer than they have ever been, but they are not as nice as some of the others on the market today.

If Avon could develop lipsticks that do not make my lips peel, I would be glad to try more of them, but as of now, I just can not see paying money for lipstick that is going to leave me with peeling lips. But I keep my finger on the pulse of Avon as we have a beloved Avon lady that I enjoy ordering from. Who knows? Maybe they will come up with something I can use.

Worth what I paid ....

from Washington, DC

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

I have been on a mission of late to find the best lipstick for me, preferably one that I don't have to apply every five minutes.The great thing about Avon products is that they are cheap.  And the bad thing is.....that they are cheap.

I have tried several different lipsticks this month: Color Rich Sheer Pink, Glazewear in Coral Gables, Forever Pink Perfect Wear, and Sun Kissed Ginger Perfect Wear.

I have somewhat fair skin and "cool" colors are best for me, therefore the Coral Gables and Sun Kissed Ginger did not look good on me--too orange.  "Sheer Pink" is not sheer, as you might imagine--it is bright pink. It's okay, but I wouldn't buy it again. The Forever Pink is a beautiful color, one of my favorites right now.

Now, how does Perfect Wear hold up?  It is supposed to be a long-lasting lipstick.  It doesn't really last very long.  If you add lip gloss, you can get 2-3 hours out of it.  However, when you eat, drink or kiss, you will have to reapply.

My conclusion?  Keep looking.....

Nice moisturizing

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

I have problems with dry lips and this lipstick was a nice surprise.  It last all day and it's very creamy, taking care of my problem.  The shades are not very many but, they are cute.  And the SPF 15 is an added bonus.

Fan of Avon Lipstick!

from Mishawaka, IN

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

I have been a fan of Avon Lipstick since I was a little girl. The neighbor lady would give my sister and I little samples all the time. They have many beautiful shades for any occassion. Make the lips soft, and provide long lasting coverage.

they are great

from Miami, FL

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

Avon lipstick is something really great,if you taste it ,i am sure you are going to use for ever,cause it makes you look prettier and sexier,use it and you man is going to love for ever.You can chose among colors,your favorite color is going to be there,,,,Be smart and use our lipsticks,you are going love it.

the worst kind out there

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

avon lipstick is the worst kind of lipstick to buy. it wears off way to easy but of course i dont like anything from avon. its all genarct and you pay way to much for some thing that you will one be able to use a few time. avon needs to get better products

Avon Lipstick is too sticky for my lips.

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

I am not a big fan of Avon Lipstick because when i put it on my lips it is just way to sticky for me. It also smears very easily. Overall, other than that it is not a bad lipstick for other people. I just can't use it for my self. My mother uses it and she loves it. It is not expensive at all. Avon Lipstick also offers a lot of different shades of lipstick which is really good. Also when i use it, it doesnt last very long on my lips. But just because it does not work well on my lips does not mean that it would not work well on other women's lips. Like i said, my mother uses it and she loves it. It is the only lipstick brand she will use. Avon Lipstick is very cheap and affordable.  and truthfully i have not tried all the different varieties of avon lipstick but the few i have tried just doesnt work for me.  if you are going out for just a few hours to see friends it would work fine but if you are going to work or out on the town be prepared to keep reapplying often.

Long lasting lipstick, beautiful color

from Saugerties, NY

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

I have been suing avon lipsticks for many years and I have been satified with them all. I mean they last very long and have various color to choose. I have very pale skin and at first I thought that I would not look good on bright color like red, pink or orange. But after i ordered some of these color lipsticks from Avon. I had to change my mind. Of course, I will have to adjust the tone and color of my face make up to fit the color of the lipstick; however, the product itself looks rich and very beautiful. All my lipsticks is from Avon.

Avon Lipstick smears, wears, and isn't of good quality.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Avon Lipstick - All Products:

Everytime I wear Avon lipstick, I'm disappionted because they have other beauty products that are very good. But unfortunately, the lipstick is something that I wouldn't recommend to other people. The colors are so vibrant and I can't find them anywhere else, but they smear so easily and it runs off and around my lips. If you barely touch your lips while wearing Avon Lipstick, it will come off.

Used to adore... now sorta lukewarm in feelings...

from Selma, AL