3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

Love Avon Banishing Cream

I am a 25 year old woman and i bought Avon's banishing cream a couple of years ago, and got pregnant so i never used it. Well i finally pulled it out and took a chance on it, and to my Surprise it worked the first day with fading a brown spot and also clearing up my white heads within two day's! This cream definetly works for me:) I'm so happy i took the chance!!

Thanks Avon,

The only thing that banished was my money!

I buy Avon products and for the most part like the brand.  I decided to try their Banishing Cream because I have some age spots on my arms and hands and hoped to lighten them.  The description of the product on the website is:  Hydroquinone-free formula featuring Avon's patented skin brightener as well as a botanical brightening blend and Vitamin E.  It is a nourishing night cream that gradually evens the skin tone by helping to reduce the appearance of unwanted dark spots and discolorations.

I bought the product and decided to test its effectiveness.  Since both of my arms have about the same amount of age spots on them, I treated only my right arm.  I applied the cream religiously every night to my right arm and hand.  After 2 months of use, I can honestly say there has been absolutely no difference in my skin.  My dermatologist has verified that these spots are indeed age spots and so I expected the cream to work.

I revisited the Avon website and the product has been reviewed by 11 people.  Five of the eleven people agree with me that the product doesn't work.  The other 6 people reported that the cream worked for them.  That means that 45 % had poor results.  If you add my results to those on the site, then 50% of the people had poor results.  I realize that this means that the other 50% had good results.  I do not know why the product could work for some people and not for others.

The product does have a pleasant scent.  This is a nice plus because many skin lighteners smell like bleach.  This one does not.

My money spent went down the drain and I will continue to seek a good skin lightener.

I would not recommend this product to anyone, unless you just want to take a chance.

Simply does not work.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

I bought this to correct the dark spots and discolorations that I have on my face from spending so much time out in the hot desert sun when I was a young child. I have a lot of areas on my face that the color changes from one to another and many areas that are really dark little blotches, I just wanted something that would help to even out my skin tone. I was recommended this Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver by a friend who sold this stuff and guaranteed to me that it worked and that it was oh so amazing and evening out your skin. It is really easy to use and I tried it for a couple of months before I decided that it was not worth it to keep on spending the money on it when it does not do anything for me. I did not ever notice any difference in my skin, it looked exactly the same as it did on the first day that I used it. This actually made me also get a lot of black heads after I started using it, so it did not do much for my face to help, but only made it worse.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

This product does NOT work at all!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

I have not used a product that does not work as badly as Avon Banishing Cream Discoloration Improver. I have some marks on my cheeks from blemishes I had when I was younger and I have been looking for something to bring down the discoloration in my skin tone. I was promised by an Avon representative that this would do the trick, so I purchased it. The first time I used it, I was skeptical due to the greasiness of the lotion, but I decided to keep trying it. I put it on my cheeks and went to bed. The next morning, my skin felt terribly oily and I had to wash my face two times to get all of the product off my face. I kept trying to use it, but I ended up with breakouts on my cheeks, which is the reason I was using it in the first place. It also did not get rid of the original dark spots. I ended up with my blemishes and in the end, I had more spots to contend with! I would not recommend this product!

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Avon Banishing Cream Is a Fraud!

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

I like Avon I suppose over all I think they have pretty good products for middle class women. But I feel like I was a fool to fall for Avons "Magic" Banishing Cream! When I was young I was plagued with a lot of acne. I somehow thought Avons Banishing Cream was going to Banish all of these dark marks left by acne and the pigment imperfections around my eyes to another country. All it did after weeks of use was break my face out with horrible blackheads due to clogged pores! The product was intolerable to use around my eye area due to the horrible burning and puffiness it caused. So I ended up throwing it in the trash thereby Banishing it from my house and life forever!

Absorption
Left a pretty oily film on my face!

Doesn't Clog Pores
Yes it does clog pores it clogged mine horribly!

"Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver" not only doesn't work it is totally fraudulent! It reminds me of some wild concoction that would've been sold by traveling salesmen in the 1800's. I was just foolish enough to buy it! It made my skin oily my pores clogged irritated my eye area.

Good Moisturizer and Seems to Help with Blotchy Skin

from Eagle Mountain, UT

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

I have dealt with acne since I was thirteen. I am now in my thirties and I still struggle with it. Because of all the break outs I've had, my skin, which is fair, has many red spots on it. This cream moisturizes well without feeling greasy and my skin seems brighter and the spots seem less noticeable. If you struggle with the same skin difficulties as me, I think it's well worth it to try this out. It is a nice thick cream and will last a long time.

It's going on 5 years

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

Hello I am an african american woman and have been using this since I was about 18..im now abuot to be 23..so you do the math. It really does work but honestly yall I use this as a moisturizer(bad huh?) and i usually wait for it to go on sale and stock up..it keeps my face nice and even..and in the summer i use less but in the winter i use more..this is the only thing i use from avon(cuz their stuff sucks) but i hope this never goes away i would just DIE..because idk what id do without it :)

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Not sure it banishes anything or stops you from aging...

from Encino, CA

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

I didn't buy Avon's Banishing cream for it's "anti-aging" effects.  I bought it because I have melasma and it stated that it helped with discoloration of the skin.

I've been using this cream for months and have not seen any improvement in skin color.  I haven't noticed any help with wrinkles or lines either.  I'm sort of disappointed because I do like Avon products, but I've been disappointed before.  Not everything can be for everyone!

As much as I haven't had improvements in skin discoloration or wrinkles, this cream does feel great on my face.  It goes on smooth.  It is not greasy and it doesn't take forever to sink in or dry before putting on my make up.  It's a light cream.  I will continue using this product just because it feels good.  I will again search for something else to use for my skin issues, but in the meatime I will stick with this for daily moisturizing.  I'm very budget concious so this fits my budget nicely.

Avon Banishing Cream not quiet what i thought it would be

from Panorama City, CA

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

Avon Banishing Cream is a fairly decent product. And i am a person that likes to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time. I have been using this product for about 6 months now. I started using it in January of this year. I have a problem with spots on my arms and legs which is embarrassing when i want to wear items of clothing that exposes my arms and legs. I also am a lover of tennis and swimming so i don't need to tell you what items of clothing is required there. Like is said i started using this product in January so that i could clear these spots by the summer. This product instructs to use it every morning and every night (twice a day). So i have used many jars of it. Well it's summer now and i am still somewhat embarrassed of the spots although the spots have lightened some. The positive thing about it is that it contains vitamins for the skin which does keep the skin smooth but i wanted the spots gone. So i can say that Avon Banishing Cream does work but very slowly.

Love Avon Banishing Cream

from Dacula, GA

Thanks Avon,

banishing cream. works great

from Seaford, NY

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

been using this for years.  it works wonderful.  works on dark spots as well as age spots.  since i have been using this my dark spots and age spots have become hardly visible. it is not greasy. when you put it on, it dries into your skin immediately. i would difinetely recommend this to anyone, who has age spots or dark spots,  this works on any type of skin.  even if you have dry skin or oily skin.  also, this can be used by any age group.  young or old.

Avon Banishing Cream is a great lightweight mostuirizer!

from Manchester, NH

Comments about Avon Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver:

I suffer from extremely sensitive skin so find it very difficult to find products that I can use on my skin. I also suffer from extremely dry skin. I was given Avon Banishing Cream by my aunt who sells Avon products to try out. The great thing about this product is how lightweight it is. The jar almost feels like it is empty. A lot of it also goes quite a long way. It does not leave my skin greasy or oily. It also does not bother my sensitive skin. My jar has lasted me an incredibly long time as not much is needed for each use. I use it in the morning under my foundation and also at night or any other time I wash my face.I also see a great improvement in the look and feel of my skin. It definitely relieves the dry skin and evens out my uneven skin tone. I would recommend this product for anyone who is on a budget but needs a high quality product to treat their dry or uneven toned skin. It is one of my favorites!