Other Airlines:

Avianca

The best

from Bogota

Comments about Avianca:

It was quickly, comfortable.

What airlines should strive to be like...

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Avianca:

When was the last time you got a FREE mail in economy class? How about FREE wine? Well that's what you get with Avianca. I was very pleasantly surprised. Also what about complimentary headsets to watch the inflight entertainment? This was one of the cheapest choices we had from LAX to Costa RIca. Even the short connector flight offerred all the same. Blankets were offered upon request and pillows were on each seat.

Service
The flight attendants were very efficient in serving the passengers.

In-Flight Accommodations
Free headsets and pillows on the seats. Plenty of choices for entertainment.

• Service:
  • In-Flight Accommodations:

unexpected accommodations

from united states

Comments about Avianca:

One of the better travel surprises I have received in the past decade.

Service
I would say that the layout on my Avianca plane was your average economy airline configuration. There was the standard 32" legroom available for most seats that were not in first class or business class.

In-Flight Accommodations
When I flew Avianca, I selected the flight because it was one of the least expensive flight options available within my limited travel window. I was pleasantly surprised when, sitting in economy, we were not only offered beverages and snacks shortly after take off, but we were also offered a complementary meal a couple of hours later. Most major international airlines today are charging their passengers sitting in economy for their snacks and meals. In addition, I was pleasantly surprised by their in flight entertainment selection available to all passengers. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and was unable to finish the movie I had selected before we landed in JFK.

• Service:
  • In-Flight Accommodations:

Excellent Service

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Avianca:

I think Avianca does a good job. These days trying to find a reasonable air ticket is too much to ask, the good thing about them, besides their friendliness is that they do not try to hide cost in lugagge fees, and other crazy fees!

Avianca Delivers Excellent In-Flight Service!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Avianca:

There are two things that aggravate me about today's airline industry: * Bad Service* Nickel and dime surchargesI can tolerate an occasional late flight, and I don't mind a reasonable increase in airfares. But complicated, STUPID add-on charges compounded by cutback service levels are just totally unacceptable. Needless to say, I truly detest flying EVERY airline with a U.S. flag on its tail. There is not one single airline in the U.S. that delivers a quality flying experience anymore.That's a real shame because so many international airlines still treat passengers like human beings. Avianca certainly does.I *LIKE* flying with Avianca. I like their young, well-maintained fleet of brand new Airbus A320s and A330s complemented with Boeing 787, 767 and 757 jets. I like that the flight attendants SMILE at passengers as they board the plane, and offer complimentary candies and a newspaper or magazine. When was the last time you were welcomed on board a flight with a candy, a smile, and a newspaper??  It's been a loooonnngggg time if you stick to U.S. airlines!But good service is so much more than small details. It's also about giving passengers reasonable space instead of stuffing them into the plane like sardines in an airtight tin. And no, that is not just my opinion....it's a provable fact. Just bring a ruler with you. Measure the space between seats in the coach cabin of Avianca and you'll see for yourself that the seat pitch is 34 inches. Now measure it in the cabin of any Continental, United, Northwest, Southwest, or Delta aircraft and you'll see that they're all a uniform "industry standard" 31 inches. That's right....you get 3 inches more legroom on EVERY Avianca aircraft!  That translates into more comfort for you the passenger....not to mention a reduced risk of deep vein thrombosis, cramps, and air rage.Naturally, being a sophisticated, quality airline, full meals are served on ALL flights at meal time --- even the shorter 1 or 2-hour domestic flights. And the food is GOOD. No cut-back "Bistro lunches", as one U.S. airlines calls its pitiful little sorry excuse for an overpriced bag lunch.Free drinks too! And no garbage beers....you can get a good, tasty, all-malt Club Colombia. (Or a glass of wine or cocktail, if you prefer.....no charge, naturally, after all, Avianca is a GOOD airline, not a sleazy U.S. airline.)If you're heading to Latin America, I *ALWAYS* recommend flying latin carriers whenever possible. Most are more dependable than U.S. airlines and *ALL* of them have better in-flight service. Avianca is a class act (and I haven't even told you about their gorgeous young flight attendants....)