4.8

Pros

Cons

A must have for babies!

Comments about Philips Avent Avent Feeding Bottles, 9 oz. Baby Bottle:

I decided to give the Philips Avent bottles a try since I had heard some good things about these bottles. I am so glad that I did. My first baby I used Playtex Drop Ins and Soothie bottles but really didn't care for either and neither did my little one. My second baby I decided to spend a little more money on the bottles and to get a wide range of bottles and let him choose. Instead of buying just an individual bottle I bought a 3 pk because they were on sale. I also bought Mam bottles, Playtex Ventair, and Evenflo bottles. He took very well to the Mam bottles and the Avent ones but didn't like the other two bottles. One day I accidentally put a Mam's nipple with the Avent and he liked that even more. The bottle itself is very easy to clean, doesn't have many parts to it, and is versatile when it comes to what nipples you can use. This ended up being important in my case. My son seemed to have less gas as well than he did with the other two. I would definitely recommend the Avents with or without the Mam's nipple.

The absolute best bottle

Comments about Philips Avent Avent Feeding Bottles, 9 oz. Baby Bottle:

I adore these bottles. They are the absolute best. They are so easy to clean, and only have three parts which make cleaning and assembly a total breeze. The top with the nipple screws into the base which holds the ring. That's it. Nothing fancy, or cumbersome. I used both a bottle brush and a generic sterilizer and these bottles fit in the sterilizer perfectly. Hand washing was super easy too. I also never had one bottle ever leak, and my son never had gas or trouble with air from these bottles. My son took to these nipples right away. The nipples never collapsed even when he was older and had a harder suck. You should purchase the correct flow nipples for your baby and these should work just as great for you. I tried another brand that was more expensive and they were just awful and leaky. I was so pleased with these Avent bottles. They were a breeze to use and I never had to worry about unnecessary parts or bags. I would purchase these bottles for any new mother's baby shower. I really believe in these bottles.

I am pleased.

Comments about Philips Avent Avent Feeding Bottles, 9 oz. Baby Bottle:

I have a 6 month old daughter and have been using Avent bottles since she was 1 week old. I have other kind of bottles too, but I use these Avent bottles primarily to store pumped breast milk in the fridge and they work great. I have also used them several times as a bottle for my daughter.
Some people claim that they do leak. I have never had a leak with these. I have found that after reading the directions, you should always wet the nipple before screwing it on and make sure there is no formula residue on the lip of the bottle. No More Leaky Bottle! I recommend these and the clear Avent bottles.

• Keeps Air Out:

Nice but wish they hadn't changed the diameter

from West Des Moines, IA

Comments about Philips Avent Avent Feeding Bottles, 9 oz. Baby Bottle:

I was using the 4 oz Avent classic bottles, but when my baby started taking over 4 oz at most feedings, I switched to the 9 oz size. They are great except for one minor thing... the bottles are wider than the 4 oz size. All the 4 oz nipples and rings still fit on them, but rather than just making the bottle taller to add more capacity, they made it taller AND wider, which I don't get. Not a huge deal, but it's not quite as easy to clean now because it's wider than my bottlebrush now.

Child's Comfort
My baby doesn't have any trouble drinking out of these bottles. Right now I am still using the level 1 nipples, but will soon switch her over to level 2 (which has 2 holes in it so they can take in more milk at a time).

Leak Prevention
I haven't had any trouble with leaks, other than a little milk dripping out of the corner of her mouth, which I think is more of a latching-on issue than any flaw with the shape of the nipple.

It is fairly easy to clean, although it does have that extra ring, which is kind-of a pain to clean, but I don't mind it too much since it works so well to prevent leaks.

Keeps Air Out
It has an air vent system to prevent colic. Seems to be working!

It holds up well to sterilizing, although I've only tried it with the sterilizing steam bags in the microwave, not in the dishwasher. They do get scratches from bristled bottle brushes, however, so when I bought the new larger size, I switched to a no-scratch bottle brush.