Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Pros

Cons

Gentle yet effective

I like to try out various products before choosing my favorite product. I have tried different kinds of products that promised to do different things. Sometimes I just need a simple yet effective face cleaner. I have sensitive skin so I needs something that would be good for sensitive skin. My face would break out easily if I use certain face washes. I can only use products that doesn't contain a strong scent.

Aveeno is a good brand. It has a great brand equity. Aveeno never disappoints me. Their products can be price but it's worth the high price. Aveeno sometimes offer coupons so you can their products at a lower price.

I decided to give this product a try after looking at the Aveeno face wash. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser cleans my face great. My face gets oily after a full day of working. This face wash washes up the oil. My face feels clean and refreshed after using Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser. A problem is the pump sometimes get stuck and won't pump. It only takes a couple of pumps to lather all over the face.

Pros: Cleans effectively, removes oil, great for sensitive skin, moisturizes and no strong smell.

Cons: Pricey and pump gets stuck

I give this product an overall rating of a 9 out of a 10 and I recommend this product.

Ease of Application
The pump gets stuck sometimes. It's hard to pump the product into my hands when the pump gets stuck

Great cleanser, horrible bottle!

I am normally a huge fan of Aveeno products. I suffer for very sensitive skin and eczema, which means I have to spend a lot of time trying skin products before I find just the right one. I also have rosacea, so I thought that this Aveena calming cleanser would be a good fit for my red, splotchy skin. My first thought was that the cleanser foamed up nicely right out of the bottle. Because of the foaming bottle a little bit of this cleanser goes a long way. The foam also stays where you put it, so you do not waste product. Second impression was that this cleanser did not have much of a scent, floral or otherwise, which I found very refreshing. Sometimes even unscented products have a scent to them. My unhappiness came a few days in to using the product when the bottle began to jam. You could push the top down but then it would get stuck and I'd have to force it back up. I thought maybe it was a fluke so tried it again with a different Aveeno foaming face wash and it kept happening.

Ease of Application
I would have rated this higher, but considering that the bottle starts jamming up after just a few uses, it's makes it hard to apply.

I love that this product is truly unscented, not just free from added fragrances.

A good deal

from Wisconsin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

When it comes to facial cleansers, I don't go high end. I save the money for the lotions. However, I do want a nice, effective cleanser that doesn't have a lot of chemicals. I'm trying to use more and more all-natural products. Although not all natural, it comes close, and Aveeno always seems to offer a great value for what it gives. This cleanser is not expensive at all, but feels and works like a higher end cleanser. I'm not always crazy about the pump dispensers that put out foam because I'm not sure it goes as far. But it is easy to spread around the face, and even easier to wash it off. No film whatsoever left over. Just nice, clean skin that doesn't suck all the moisture out of my skin. No red patches or rosy cheeks left over either. Gentle and effective is what I like.

Great for all skin types

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

This is a great face wash. I like the pump out foam because it's easy to spread and there is no need to work up a lather. My skin can't decide if it wants to be dry, normal, or oily and it changes all the time and this face wash works on all of the types I go through. It also kept my face from getting red which it normally does in the winter months. Good face wash to have in a home where there would be more than one user. It's hard to find washes that can handle all skin types but this is it.

Great for sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

This is one of the best face cleansers on the market, in my opinion. It is foamy, doesn't leave a film on your face when you wash it off and leaves your skin feeling clean. It doesn't dry out my skin either.

Leaves my face clean and soft. I have no problems with dryness or burning when I use it. There is no harsh smells or burning sensations from the use of this product. One problem I do have has nothing to do with the product, but the bottle, because I seem to drop it all the time because I use it in the shower.

Ease of Application
This product is extremely easy to use. Just moisten your face, apply, it lathers a bit, and rinse off. I use a washcloth to rinse, but one could simply splash water onto your face. I don't have to leave it on for any length of time, I rinse as soon as I get finished gently rubbing it on my face.

Not much of a scent, like most Aveeno products, but that's good for people with a lot of allergies. To me the scent seems like clay or a very earthy scent, not like a perfume. It is very mildly scented.

• Ease of Application:

Safe and natural ingredients.

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I really love using Aveeno ultra-calming foaming cleanser. What I love the most about Aveeno is I know that when I purchase one of their products it will be quality. I really love this particular cleanser because I have very sensitive skin so I need a gentle cleanser that is made with natural ingredients like this one. I also love the foaming of this particular cleanser. It just gives me that extra clean feeling after washing my face. Some facial cleansers have the tendancy to leave your skin feeling tight and dry. I have found this this cleanser actually leaves my skin feeling soft an moisturized. I know that it is a bit more expensive than some other drugstore brands but it is really worth the little bit of extra money because it is such a quality product. I would highly reccomend this facial cleanser.

A highly effective product that does an excellent job of cleansing.

Extremely easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Very nice! Feels good on my skin.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I received a coupon for this product and decided to try it. Luckily for me, it was also on sale, so I saved quite a bit. After trying it, I would have paid much more for it--it is that good.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, aging skin, so I have to be very careful what I use. I have used a number of Aveeno products in the past (using the lotion right now). So, I felt this was a safe product to try.

It cleans my skin without drying and offers my skin a serious calming respite. I especially like using it after I've been out all day.

The Aveeno cleans without drying or irritating my skin. I have no issues with rashes or breakouts either. The best part about this cleanser is the calming effect it has on my face when it is irritated. When I've been working outside all day--even though I use sunscreen--my face feels a tight and irritated. When I use the cleanser, I feel instant relief.

Ease of Application
The Aveeno is a liquid and flows somewhat like shampoo. I pour a little into my hand, rub a bit--it is foamy--and apply it to my face and neck. It rinses off cleanly and easily. Walla, my skin is now clean and fresh.

It is fragrance free, which means that it is safe to use on sensitive skin.

It's okay

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

Aveeno is a brand that I only recently became familiar with due to the birth of my children. It is a common brand that is trusted for infant products and is known to be very genlte and natural. This is why I decided to try the Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser. It was not all I had hoped it to be. The soap lasted for a very short time due to the foaming action. It did save my face from unneccessary scrubbing, but this coupled with the short lasting amount caused me to drop it a point. Also, I did not find the calming part of the soap to be very true. The scent was not very strong, but it was okay, just not as relaxing as others. I absolutely love the bottle though! It is very sturdy and did not topple over as some others do when pumping out the liquid. It also comes with a replaceable cap which almost never happens! I love this! It is so good to have for travelling or as it often happens for me; moving. When I have products that are open and I have to move I just throw them away because it is better than having a big mess upon arrival. If you like foaming cleansers I recommend trying this, otherwise steer clear.

• Ease of Application:

Great cleanser, horrible bottle!

from Indiana

• Ease of Application:

Great for super sensitive skin

from Wallowa, OR

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I have very sensitive skin and have rosacea on my cheeks, chin and forehead. This product is very gentle on my skin and causes no irritation at all. I am not crazy about the foaming part, I think you get more product uses from a non foaming product. I would use it again.

Cleans well, no residue left after rinsing

Foamy and smooth application

Almost no detectable scent at all

Holy grail product!

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I use this cleanser almost everyday! I love that it foams, it makes it feel like it cleans deeper than a regular cleanser. When I first started using it I was afraid it might strip my skin, and cause it to dry out, but I'm happy to say that that is not the case! In fact, my oily skin has become a lot more manageable as a result of using this cleanser. I like to use it with my olay brush in the shower. It's super easy, I simply wet my face then use my brush all over my face before rinsing.

This has worked wonders for my skin! I use it everyday, and it has really helped clear up my skin. I can tell that it works because when I stray and use another cleanser I tend to break out more often.

Ease of Application
Super easy! Simply wet your face then use the cleanser and rinse!

It has a mild, but pleasant scent. I was skeptical at first, because I usually go for fruity smelling cleansers, but this was a nice scent. Not overly perfumed, which is much better for my skin!

• Ease of Application:

The most natural cleanser I've found

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

Aveeno has always been a brand I trusted, whether it was their lotions or face cleansers. I've tried a lot of other face washes before and many of them leave my skin extremely dry afterwards, doesn't take off my makeup, or leaves my face burning a little with red blotchy patches on my face. So I tried the aveeno foaming cleanser. I loved it the first time I tried it. It's gentile on my skin, and I have very sensitive skin, but it is also very powerful. It removed dirt, my makeup, and leaved my face feeling refreshed and soft with practically no effort. I didn't have to rewash my face to get any leftover dirt or make up off my face. It's very natural and contains ingredients like chamomile which helps reduce redness. I don't particularly like face wash having a strong smell to it and this is great in that area too because it is fragrance free and soap free. I use it everyday and it really does work. It's not harsh like other washes and rinses clean. I love it and if you wash your face daily and aren't happy with the results, you should definitely try this brand. It's amazing.