Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Cleansers for Normal Skin
Aveeno
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Pros

• Not greasy (6)
  • Gentle (5)
  • Leaves clean feel (5)
  • Moisturizing (4)
  • Balances skin (3)

• Combination skin (3)
  • Sensitive skin (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (4)

Very nice! Feels good on my skin.

I received a coupon for this product and decided to try it. Luckily for me, it was also on sale, so I saved quite a bit. After trying it, I would have paid much more for it--it is that good.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, aging skin, so I have to be very careful what I use. I have used a number of Aveeno products in the past (using the lotion right now). So, I felt this was a safe product to try.

It cleans my skin without drying and offers my skin a serious calming respite. I especially like using it after I've been out all day.

The Aveeno cleans without drying or irritating my skin. I have no issues with rashes or breakouts either. The best part about this cleanser is the calming effect it has on my face when it is irritated. When I've been working outside all day--even though I use sunscreen--my face feels a tight and irritated. When I use the cleanser, I feel instant relief.

Ease of Application
The Aveeno is a liquid and flows somewhat like shampoo. I pour a little into my hand, rub a bit--it is foamy--and apply it to my face and neck. It rinses off cleanly and easily. Walla, my skin is now clean and fresh.

It is fragrance free, which means that it is safe to use on sensitive skin.

The bottle design is not very calming, but the product works

Variety is the spice of life!

I like to use a variety of beauty products, for different reasons; however, use several Aveeno products as the brand is one that I find works well for my skin.

The Aveeno foaming facial cleanser doesn't disappoint.The foam came out nicely the first time. It's just too bad to have to use the pump. That is once, I got the pump to work!

The bottle design is a bit of a struggle, and dealing with it, is anything but calming, when trying to get the product to come out, as the top of the pump is stubborn to work with. I cut my finger trying to mess around with the lid.

The design flaw aside, the foaming cleanser does what it says it will do. My face is clean and soft after using it. The scent is very light.

I would recommend a bottle redesign and scent options. And, because of the design struggle and cutting my finger, I am giving this product 3 out of 5 stars. I am not confident that I would recommend the product because of the poor bottle design; although, I did like the product. I am hopeful that a bottle redesign is in the works.

Works great if you have Rosacea

from Denver CO

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

• Sensitive Skin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I suffer from Rosacea and it's difficult to find products that work on my face without feeling oily and greasy.
    I use this as a face wash and it keeps my skin feel moisturize and it calms my face, it's not as red. Not all Aveeno products work for me so this is a keeper.

Love this cleanser!

from Smithtown, NY

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
    • Improves Skin Texture
    • Leaves Clean Feel
    • Moisturizing
    • Not Greasy

• All Skin Types
      • Daily Use

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

Absolutely love this cleanser. It is very gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling soft and clean. The scent is really subtle and nice. I use this every night to take my makeup off and it does a great job. Price is reasonable as well.

The bottle design is not very calming, but the product works

from Arizona

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Gentle
      • Leaves Clean Feel
      • Moisturizing
      • Not Greasy

Cons

• Bottle design needs improvement

Really works!

from Overland Park, KS

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Gentle
      • Leaves Clean Feel
      • Not Greasy

• Daily Use
        • Dry Skin
        • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

This product did wonders for my skin. I used to have red blotchy skin and this really calmed it down l, keeping it moisturizer and clean feeling.

I love this product a lot

from Poplar Bluff Missouri

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
        • Gentle
        • Improves Skin Texture
        • Leaves Clean Feel
        • Moisturizing
        • Not Greasy
        • Smells Great

• All Skin Types

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

Even though I am a budget buyer, I love this product. It cleans and refreshes my skin and leaves it really clean and soft. It smells great and I feel like a million bucks. It is really a great price as well. And I would definitely recommend it to other ladies in this world. Definitely worth the price for what you get. I am not going back to any other cleanser.

Best Facial Cleanser For Sensitive Skin

from Wichita, Ks

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
          • Moisturizes Well
          • Not Greasy
          • Softens Skin

• Eczema
            • Sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I have sensitive skin and multiple allergies. This is the best product out there for calming down red, irritated skin. Doesn't break me out and doesn't dry my skin out. Feverfew is one of the main ingredients and is great for my allergy outbreaks. I recommend this to anyone who suffers from allergies.

A good deal

from Wisconsin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

When it comes to facial cleansers, I don't go high end. I save the money for the lotions. However, I do want a nice, effective cleanser that doesn't have a lot of chemicals. I'm trying to use more and more all-natural products. Although not all natural, it comes close, and Aveeno always seems to offer a great value for what it gives. This cleanser is not expensive at all, but feels and works like a higher end cleanser. I'm not always crazy about the pump dispensers that put out foam because I'm not sure it goes as far. But it is easy to spread around the face, and even easier to wash it off. No film whatsoever left over. Just nice, clean skin that doesn't suck all the moisture out of my skin. No red patches or rosy cheeks left over either. Gentle and effective is what I like.

Great for all skin types

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

This is a great face wash. I like the pump out foam because it's easy to spread and there is no need to work up a lather. My skin can't decide if it wants to be dry, normal, or oily and it changes all the time and this face wash works on all of the types I go through. It also kept my face from getting red which it normally does in the winter months. Good face wash to have in a home where there would be more than one user. It's hard to find washes that can handle all skin types but this is it.

Great for sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

This is one of the best face cleansers on the market, in my opinion. It is foamy, doesn't leave a film on your face when you wash it off and leaves your skin feeling clean. It doesn't dry out my skin either.

Leaves my face clean and soft. I have no problems with dryness or burning when I use it. There is no harsh smells or burning sensations from the use of this product. One problem I do have has nothing to do with the product, but the bottle, because I seem to drop it all the time because I use it in the shower.

Ease of Application
            This product is extremely easy to use. Just moisten your face, apply, it lathers a bit, and rinse off. I use a washcloth to rinse, but one could simply splash water onto your face. I don't have to leave it on for any length of time, I rinse as soon as I get finished gently rubbing it on my face.

Not much of a scent, like most Aveeno products, but that's good for people with a lot of allergies. To me the scent seems like clay or a very earthy scent, not like a perfume. It is very mildly scented.

• Ease of Application:

Safe and natural ingredients.

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser:

I really love using Aveeno ultra-calming foaming cleanser. What I love the most about Aveeno is I know that when I purchase one of their products it will be quality. I really love this particular cleanser because I have very sensitive skin so I need a gentle cleanser that is made with natural ingredients like this one. I also love the foaming of this particular cleanser. It just gives me that extra clean feeling after washing my face. Some facial cleansers have the tendancy to leave your skin feeling tight and dry. I have found this this cleanser actually leaves my skin feeling soft an moisturized. I know that it is a bit more expensive than some other drugstore brands but it is really worth the little bit of extra money because it is such a quality product. I would highly reccomend this facial cleanser.

A highly effective product that does an excellent job of cleansing.

Extremely easy to apply.