4.9

Pros

Cons

Good for sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

I typically do not use shaving cream - so I cannot really complain about my sensitive skin while shaving. Shaving is so necessary, but becomes an absolute misery for me. My skin burns and itches and I probably deserve this for not taking the time to use shaving cream. I was given a gift bag that contained typical bathroom items, including the Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel. I was delighted to try the product and was happy to find that I did find daily relief after shaving. I do still think that shaving cream can be a bit pricey and I have gone years with out consistently using any type of shaving cream, but this product is great and I might have to break down and use it regularly.

The product gave me a ton of relief. Shaving was truly a dreaded task that I had to perform each day. I cannot express how dry and itchy my skin would become and some days my skin would burn. After using this product for several days, I did notice a change. I absolutely have benefited from using this shave gel.

I was not blown away by the scent, but it was nice. There was nothing offensive about the smell, it just didn't wow me. It was what I would expect from a shave gel.

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

I recently tried Aveeno Therapeutic Shaving Gel and I absolutely love it. I love and use most Aveeno products but I had never seen the shaving gel before. I saw it on sale at my local drugstore and decided I would give it a try. I am sensitive to most scented products so I was excited to find a shaving gel product that was not filled with some awful perfume. This definitely lived up to my expectations. I opened it up, and what scent there is, is very mild and pleasant. When I tried the shaving gel I just loved it even more. It made my skin feel so soft and smooth after shaving. Many products irritate my skin on their own but especially products I use when shaving. The aveeno helped me get a close smooth shave without irritating my skin in the slightest. It left no sticky residue and no gross perfumed smell. I would recommend this shaving gel to anyone that just wants a nice smooth shave but especially if you have sensitive skin, it's just an amazing product.

AWESOME RELIEF

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

Awesome relief! It is soothing and I have osteoarthritis, so very few things work. This Aveena does!!! The scent is not like mentholated products. It doesn't clash with cologne or perfume.I recommend it to all my arthritic aging friends! The old school lives on pain free!!!

Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel Soothes the Skin

from Houston, TX

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

Some people have sensitive skin and other issues requiring a special shaving cream or gel that can help minimize the problem. My skin is still in good shape, but I do experience irritation when I have to glide the blade across my skin multiple times to cut the hair. Some razors need the aid of a good shaving gel and a good option to consider is Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel.

Shaving Cream Facts and Commentary:

Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel is a dermatologist recommended and is specially made for those with sensitive skin and others who experience irritation, razor bumps, and the like. The product spreads on cleanly and smoothly and has no added fragrance. It contains colloidal oatmeal to help those with sensitive skin issues.

Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel is a good shaving gel and every bit as effective as or better than other shaving gels. One thing I notice is that my skin does feel a little better when I use this product. It helps your hand razor eliminate the facial hair with ease and your skin feels soft and smooth when finished.

Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel doesn’t have any added scent and while some may like this more natural approach, I would actually prefer if it did have some scent. This is why, when I use Aveeno, I tend to go for the other Aveeno gel: Positively Smooth. It has only a slight fragrance, but it is still something and I like it better than no scent at all.

Bottom Line Viewpoint

A good shaving gel can make your daily routine easier and Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel is a very good choice for those with skin issues. It is priced higher than other shaving gel/creams, but it does make a noticeable difference and those with sensitive skin will consider it money well spent.

This shaving gel is a notch better then most, with special ingredients to soothe the skin and minimize irritation.

There is no added scent, which I do not like.

It doesn't dry out my skin or leave me with razor burn.

from La Monte, MO

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

This is the only shaving cream I will use. It is wonderul. It doesn't dry out my skin or leave me with razor burn.

It leaves me with a very close shave.

It has no scent at all. It is great for sentsitive skin.

Great shave gel for sensitive skin!

from Washington, DC

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

I have extremely sensitive skin and am always in search of a good shave gel that won't irritate my skin.  I love this shave gel!  It works so well, you get a nice close shave, and it won't irritate your skin at all!  There is barely any scent, so it works well for men and women.  You won't be stuck with red bumps or razor burn.  This is a great shave gel for sensitive skin and highly recommend it to anyone to try.

No more pain

Comments about Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel:

This shaving cream is fantastic! Shaving used to be so painful for me, but this product has made it bearable again. For years my skin has been sensitive (especially my legs), and to say it is prone to razor burn is an understatement. It got to be so bad that my skin would ache for days after shaving, and all other shaving creams on the market only made it worse.

The only thing I could do to help my skin feel less raw was to use hair conditioner when I shaved, and even that still hurt. I had resolved myself to the fact that I would never use shaving cream again when I saw this Aveeno gel at the store. Aveeno has always made such soothing products that I decided to go against my resolution and give it a try. I am so glad I did and will never again use anything in its place.

It is so soothing and literally takes the sting out of shaving. It also conditions skin well and lives up to the claim that it protects against nicks and razor burn. I still don't understand how, but I end up with a close shave every time even with this amazing protective layer over my skin. The oatmeal formula is also really effective against itchy winter skin, so now I can finally have smooth legs all year round.