Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash

Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash

Pros

Cons

Aveeno is the VERY BEST body wash for skin relief on the market!

I  have been an avid user of AVEENO BODY WASH AND SKIN LOTION  for dry skin for several years, probably as many as 15 or more years. My skin suffered so bad that I went to a dermatologist back at that time and he recommended AVEENO over any prescription meditcations that were on the market.  So, I started using it and had GREAT RESULTS in a matter of a few days and have used it since. At the time I began using AVEENO it was not at all common so I had difficulty finding it to buy but when I found a store that supplied it,  I would always return to buy it from that store. Now, because it has grown in popularity, it is readily available almost anywhere. Plus, AVEENO now offers all types of solutions for every skin type and several different skin problems. I will alway use AVEENO because I am sure it suceeds all other products on the market. In the past I have tried products imitating their ingredients but they have always fallen short of the quality and satisfaction that AVEENO offers. I guarantee that once you try AVEENO BODY WASH OR AVEENO LOTION FOR DRY SKIN , you will always use it. AVEENO BODY WASH OR AVEENO LOTION never leaves a greasy feeling by absorbing quickly into the skin and also it never leaves a strong scent. AVEENO IS PERFECT!

poor choice

i was very disappointed with the aveeno skin relief body wash. i was under the impression that this would be a healthier better choice for me since i was pregnant. my skin was all ichy from being stretched to its limits. and so i had seen all the commercials for this natural product. but i really dont think it should be considered natural considering the ingredients in this soap. not so natural when you really do your research about their soap. well i brought it home to use it and i guess it smelled alright. but it left a nasty feeling on my skin after i washed the suds away. my skin felt the same as it did before i started using it except maybe a lot more ichier. this is not what i had in mind for helping my pregnant skin. my skin felt a lot drier than before. it dries out your skin and makes it feel more itchy. i was really unsatisfied with the aveeno skin relief body wash. i was hoping to get some relief and it didnt happen. it was so sad.

Soothing Body Wash

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash was recommended to me by my Primary Care Physician. This is due to my chronic dry skin and eczema. My physician told me that it is soap free, dye free and hypo allergenic. After my purchase I also found that the product is also fragrance free. The Skin Relief Body wash uses Natural Colloidal Oatmeal. To me this eases my mind to know it truly is a natural body wash. Unlike some other abrasive body washes, this product gently cleanses, while at the same time moisturizing the skin. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has any skin conditions or problems.

As long as I am able to use this product with each shower, my eczema is able to be controlled. Also my dry skin has significantly improved, with the aid of other Aveeno lotions.

This product is fragrance free. There is even no "fresh" or "clean" after scent. That is very important to someone with a skin condition.

A life saver

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

I bale a lot of hay in the summers, which in itself can cause very irritated and itchy skin. My lower arms end up covered in scratches and I am covered in tiny particles of grass, alfalfa, and sometimes weeds. Last summer we baled a shady field for a friend and after handling the hay for an hour I began to notice poison ivy all around me. At that point I knew I was doomed and stopped at the drug store on the way home to pick up some creams I knew I would need later. I happened to notice this body wash on my way out and picked it up, desperate for anything that would help the torture I was about to endure.

Since I grew up being outdoors as much as possible, I have had my fair share of rashes and poison ivy. My mother always put me in a bath tub with Aveeno oatmeal treatment to help relieve my itchy skin, so I trusted this body wash to help. I was pleasantly surprised when it worked even better than I had hoped. I felt immediate relief from the itchiness all over my upper body and it did not irritate my skin at all. It left me feeling soft and comfortable. The itchiness returned after a few hours, but it gave me plenty of time to apply creams after the shower.

The scents are all pleasant but my favorite is the variety that smells of sun tanning lotion.

Great relief for dry, irritated skin

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

I was suffering from really dry, irritated skin this past summer and was looking for a body wash that would not cause further irritation and dry skin. I found this product and I really fell in love with it. It helped clear up my skin, and did not cause any pain when I was using it. It was so refreshing to be able to find something to help my skin, rather than cause additional irritation.
My skin felt great after the first use. My dry skin felt so much better. I try to continue using this during the summer months to avoid my skin becoming dry and painful. It helps with problem skin that you have and also helps prevent future problems. It really is a great product for people with sensitive skin and is very calming.

Aveeno makes a great product for helping skin that is irritated and dry. I think this is one of the best products that they make. It is a little more expensive than the others, but is worth every single penny.

Refreshing and calming with no artificial smell

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

I love this product because I am sensitive to artificial scents & find them irritating to all the senses. This product is calming to the senses & I put it up there with professional products like Aveda. Being someone who is in the industry of cosmetology & esthetics I would say that many consumers are unaware of the harmful chemicals placed in many drugstore brands. This product meant for sensitive skin and or dry skin is one I reccomend for all skin types because of its gentle effect & soothing properties. It can also be used for women as a replacement for shaving cream on the legs and under arms as it is extremely conditioning & has no irritants that are so commonly found in other body wash products because of the amount of fragrance which is usually derived from ethyl alcohols that can be very drying to the skin.

I won't use any other body wash

Extremely mild, natural & calming

Dry Skin? No Problem

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

As a constant sufferer of dry skin, and various skin problems, I have used Aveeno products for years. When I found this shower gel I was excited. Aveeno has been my lifesaver through the winter months, when the humidity is lower and coupled with the dry heat in the house. Thanks to Aveeno shower gel I can moisturize without feeling oily and I can clean myself without worrying about my skin drying out. I even use it on my daughter who suffers from the same sensitive skin as I do.

This shower gel is fantastic for keeping your skin moisterized without harsh chemicals and overpowering scents. I don't have the scaly rough skin that I usually have in the winter when I am using this product. I do switch it up and try other products, but I always seem to go back to this one. I simply love the way my skin feels right after using it.

The scent is typical of Aveeno, meaning it is soft and not overpowering. While I do love floral and fruity scents when I take a shower, the faintly medicine smell from this product is soothing. For me it signifies that I will not have itchy and dry skin for a day.

Aveeno's body wash was soothing to my skin

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

A body wash that's very soothing and brings immediate relief to my dry spots that I have. Aveeno skin relief body wash is a perfect body wash for the winter time because that's when I get really dry especially on my back and my legs. It replenishes my dry skin with a lot of moisture and it makes my skin feel smooth. Its very mild and gentle to my skin so its not harsh to my skin. It doesn't have a scent to it so its made for anyone who has sensitive skin. The texture of this body wash is really thick and rich so all you need is a little bit. It helps hydrate my skin into not feeling so dry. I have seen a difference in my skins texture my skin doesn't feel so rough it feels a lot softer. I haven't seen any dry spots they haven't returned. I love the Aveeno products because there some what natural ingredients it contains and its great for any skin type. My skin is sometimes sensitive and sometimes it gets dry so this body wash was perfect for me. It sells at a reasonable price so its totally worth every penny.

Quite Nice

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

I suppose "Quite Nice" is a somewhat reserved response and I guess that's pretty much my overall feeling about this body wash. My skin tends to go through some itchy times in the winter, and so I tried this wash to help with those symptoms. I actually find the Aveeno moisturizers do a better job for me than the body wash. So I would recommend this to be used with the Aveeno body moisturizer for sure. Double it up for better results!

I generally really like Aveeno products so I was just a little disappointed when this didn't match my usual experience. I felt it could have done a better job on its own.

If you're not bothered about super flowery kinds of fragrance, this could be the wash for you. It is very mild, so the scent blends in with the oatmeal ingredient of the wash.

Great Relief

from Houston, tx

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

I had eczema for over a month and I have tried everything before trying this product. I went to the dermatologist for two weeks before trying this product. My eczema was really bad all over my body. It was very irritating and all I wanted was fast relief. I purchased this product immediate after they recommend this product. This product didn't have any smell.

I rub this product on my skin with my hand because my skin was too irritated to use a loofah or wash cloth. I felt fast relief immediately after using this product. It only takes a little but I used a lot because my skin was feeling that bad. I felt a lot better after using this product.

A day later I saw dramatic changes and was pleased. A week later the eczema was almost completely gone. A week later it was gone. I was able to wear short sleeve shirts again without feeling embarrassed. I am happy with how great I felt after using this product. I never thought that I would ever get rid of my eczema.

I would recommend this product with sensitive skin and definitely for someone who needs a fast relief.

It healed my skin fast and made me feel better

There is no skin which makes it great because my skin didn't need the extra scent

poor choice

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

This stuff really relieves the skin!

Comments about Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash:

I tried this when I was having some trouble with itchy skin/possible eczema last winter. I was trying to find SOMETHING that actually felt good on my skin. I had already tried several other brands and had not found anything that I really liked. I was frustrated, but then I found this body wash. I tried this out and it was wonderful! It really did provide instant relief for my skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft and not dried out at all. And I have not had any more itchy skin problems.
I have continued to use it since then and I have really enjoyed how well it works. It is "unscented" but has a light pleasant scent to me. I feel refreshed each time I take a shower. I have now had my daughters start using it and they love it too. This body wash rinses clean, so there is no residue left behind.
I highly recommend this body wash for anyone who has sensitive or itchy skin. It really does provide great skin relief!