Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Aveeno

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

actually made my face feel clean.

Although Aveeno's Positively Radiant cleanser is a bit pricey, I absolutely love this product. I was troubled by acne and swung between oily and dry skin. This product actually made my face feel clean. It removed the dead skin and left my skin feeling soft and fresh. The scent smells clean too. It is best when used in conjunction with the positively radiant moisturizer. This is such a great product, I use it everytime I wash my face in the shower to remove excess makeup. Also, if you get it on your clothes, no big deal. It doesn't stain at all. I previously used Biore which  left my face feeling almost waxy but this stuff works! I would reccommend this product to pretty much anyone who suffers dry or oily skin, it works for both. Although it isn't advertised as a skin clearing cleanser, it cleanses so that your skin becomes clear. It's a great way to relieve your skin of the daily stresses and just breathe. Try it, seriously, you won't want to buy anything else. LOVE IT, and have reccommended it many of my friends who now use it and wouldn't consider anything else.

Looks Good but May Burn/Make Skin Worse Before it's Better

Since age 12, I have suffered from acne. I have used several treatments and recently, as a young adult, I have felt that my acne may finally be somewhat under control. A few months ago, I decided to try some new facial cleansers because I sensed that my cleanser was not doing anything. I bought two kinds that day: a facial scrub and this Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser. The Aveeno was more expensive than I typically spend, but I thought that it might be better for my skin than some other choices.

The first night I used it, my skin felt great. Instantly, my face felt smoother, and I was very excited to see how it would make my skin more "Positively Radiant". The next day, I noticed that my skin was actually worse! For the next week, it broke out SO bad that I nearly tried to take the cleanser back. I know from acne treatments that sometimes, a product makes your face worse before it is better, so I kept using it. However, within a week, my face looked a lot worse than it did before I used this and I did not see a chance for improvement soon. I quickly stopped using the cleanser and moved on to another option.

More recently, I found the cleanser and decided to give it a second try. This time around, it has been a little better. My skin has not erupted like it did before and I do feel that it is working to remove excessive skin to make my face more radiant.

So my assessment is: as with any facial treatment, different skin types will react differently. I would say to try this in a sample before buying a larger bottle of it or ask a doctor/dermotologist about it. It may work great for you or it may feel like it burns your face and makes your acne worse.

Didn't Love It

from MI

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

I am pretty sure I am a marketer's dream customer. Any time there is a new product with a fantastic claim, I am always more than willing to try it. In the case of this product - Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser - I was convinced I needed it. I definitely believed that this product would make my face brighter, and more radiant, immediately!

Well, that was not my experience. This product seemed to work well enough as far as a cleasner, but it was nothing more than average. I really like a facial cleanser that provides a really thick, creamy lather - and this just did not. I also really like thatdeep-down tingly clean feeling when I wash my face, this cleanser did not provide that either.

The real disappointment of this was that I just did not notice any improvements in my skin tone. Granted, I only purchased one bottle of this and did not try again, so maybe I just needed to use it for longer, but I didn't really enjoy the cleanser, and I didn't really see any improvements from this, so I would likely not try again.

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

I bought this cleanser about a month ago and so far really like it. I have dry cheeks and overall dull skin and have been trying tons of different cleansers looking for one that works well for me. One squirt is plenty to wash your entire face. It is not a cleanser that gets all bubbly or foamy, it is very silky and sort of glides across the skin. It rinses off very well too. My skin never feels dry or tight after use and I have noticed a slight improvement in the dry patches on my cheeks.

After about a month I am just starting to notice less dry areas on my cheeks. I have yet to see an improvement in the dullness of my skin though so hopefully that improves soon.

Ease of Application
I pump the bottle one time and that is plenty to wash my face with. It is very easy to wash your face with and rinses off easily.

It has a very light sort of perfume scent to it. I notice it while I am washing my face but it doesn't stay on my skin after I rinse it off.

NIce cleanser, pleasant texture

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

I tried this product for the first time when I was visiting a family member and since I was traveling on a plane I did not bother to bring my regular liquid cleanser. I have to say it is a nice cleanser. It has a texture that matches name, it is radiant, kind of shiny. I found it to be non irritating to my skin. It is not my regular nightly cleaners that I use to remove make up but I do keep a bottle of this in my shower because I do not like to use soap or other body cleansers on my face. It comes in a bottle that is a good size to keep in my shower which has limited storage space for toiletries.

It cleans the face with a nice radiant/shiny texture to the cream. My skin does not feel dry or irritated after using this cleanser.

Ease of Application
It has a creamy texture that washes away cleanly.

It has a very pleasant citrus scent but I am only rating this a 7 because I prefer a facial product that does not contain additional chemicals for scent.

• Ease of Application:

Cleans great and is so gentle to your skin!

from Beverly, NJ

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

I love this cleanser! I use it daily in the shower and it removes make-up and cleans gently and leaves your skin soft and glowing.

While cleaning and remaining gentle, I believe this product prevents my face from breaking out, getting oily and drying out.

Ease of Application
I love the pump for easy use.

Wonderful cleanser

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

Recently I have been using the Aveeno Positively Radiant lotions and cleaning pads. I had a great coupon to try this cleanser and so I did. I was not disappointed. A wonderful creamy cleanser that still removed all my makeup (including foundation and mascara) but did not leave my face feeling tight or dry. This rinsed away completely and left no oiliness or greasiness behind. I feel that my skin's texture and overall appearance has improved greatly since using the Positively Radiance line. I have extreme brown spots and several spots of discolorations all over my face due to sun exposure and these products have lightened these areas significantly, without any of the side effects of the stronger skin correction creams.

To be fair, I am using this cleanser in conjunction with several of the other Aveeno Radiance products. Together, they have greatly improved the overall even ness of my skin tone and have lessened the severity of my brown spots.

Ease of Application
Nice pump dispenser. Just a few pumps will clean your entire face and neck. A nice creamy cleanser that lathers up very well.

Typical scent of the other Aveeno products.

Actual Results!

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

This is an amazingly effective cleanser. I love this product because it uses natural ingredients, and also gives me visible results. It is gentle for all skin types, and really brings out my skins natural glow and makes my skin look brighter and younger. I would recommend this cleanser to all skin types because it doesn't break me out, it lightly hydrates my skin, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this amazing product.

I really love how this product uses natural properties to get amazing results. This cleanser really brightened up my skin, making it look younger and bring out its natural glow. Plus, it gives powerful results without the harsh side effects most cleansers give me.

Ease of Application
This is a semi-thick formula that spreads across skin easily. It doesn't feel too thick like some hydrating cleansers do, and it doesn't feel too watery like most cleansers for sensitive skin do. It takes about a quarter sized amount of product to cover the entire face, and it takes around thirty seconds of massaging to cleanse your face.

This product has a very light, clean fragrance that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Great for sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

Aveeno cleanser is great for those with sensitive skin. My skin reacts to any new products but the Aveeno line has never caused any reactions to my face. Great for daily cleansing. Did feel like it helped in evening out my skin tone and keeping my face clearer.

Can not be as effective on removing eye makeup so using an eye makeup remover in addition to the face wash is necessary. Did have to use several pumps during each use.

Ease of Application
Not as foaming as other foaming face washes but does the job. Sometimes felt like I had to use multiple pumps to wash off all my makeup. Since the product isn't as concentrated it tends to not create as much foaming action as I would like.

Product does not really create a scent since it is natural ingredients. Not overpowering in floral or cleansing scents. Really liked that it just leaves you feeling fresh and clean without having to continue smelling a product afterwards.

• Ease of Application:

Awesome Cleanser for those in their 30s!

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

I am at a point in my life where I'm not in need of an anti-aging product but my skin needs more than a standard cleanser now that I'm in my 30s. I've been on the hunt for something that does not cost a lot but can be found in a regular store and do the job. This does the trick!

After only a few days of use I feel like my skin is glowing and bright for sure! It is easy to use and makes me feel like I just had a facial. Apply a little daily lotion after and I feel ready to walk out the door make-up free for preschool drop off.

Ease of Application
Easy to use in the shower, just lather a small amount in my hands and apply to face and rinse - standard application of any facial cleanser. It rinses nicely and does not leave any kind of residue or greasy feeling like some do.

Nice clean feeling without an overpowering scent. In fact, I do not recall a strong scent at all which is nice because I prefer unscented products. I highly recommend giving this a try.

• Ease of Application:

Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser cleans well.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser has some positive points and some negative points. I bought this product because I had some coupons that made it a really good value and Aveeno is a brand I like and use periodically. I can honestly say that this particular Aveeno product is not a favorite of mine and I will probably not purchase it again. While is product is not a total waste, I don't feel it does what it says it will do. There are other Aveeno products like the facial scrubs that do a better job at making skin healthier. This product is not terribly expensive but it does cost more than other facial cleansers that do the job just as well.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser has a creamy, pearly texture that does cleanse skin well and make it feel clean and soft. My problem is that although it may improve texture a little bit it does not fade some of my uneven tone and sun spots like other products I have tried. It doesn't necessarily dry skin out but you definitely need to moisturize because it is not overly hydrating. It does well with not breaking out my chin area which I have problems with. It is oil-free and doesn't clog pores.

Ease of Application
The pump action bottle this comes in makes it very easy to use.

While this product smells light and fresh it is not my favorite scent. Scent is important for me because it is a little indulgence that can make you happy if you really like it. So if this is something that is high on the priority list then this product may not be for you.

• Ease of Application:

Another great beauty product from Aveeno

from New York, NY

Comments about Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser:

Aveeno has become one of my favorite, go to, beauty brands. They manufacture excellent facial products that work extremely well in conjunction with my sensitive, combination skin. The Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser gets very high marks from me.

I use the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser every day, twice a day. I use it firstly in the morning when I wake up and then last thing at night before I go to sleep. It works effectively to remove makeup, dirt, grease and the pollution's in the air. I am impressed that this cleanser does not dry out my combination skin nor does it make it oily. It does a great job of leaving my skin looking and feeling clean.

The cleanser has a light clean scent to it which is pleasing and has a medium thickness in texture. My only small complaint with this cleanser is that it does not create a thick lather, which was slightly disappointing to me. I rate Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser 8 out of 10.