Other Shampoos:
Volumizing Shampoo
Aveeno

Pros

Cons

Aveeno does what it says and smells good too!

I got this 0.3 fluid oz sample and was able to get three Great Shampoos out of it.  I was impressed.Read complete review

I have a lot of hair, but it is fine and a little flyaway too.  This shampoo is thick, rich and for me no conditioner needed!  I Love it.

After I blew dry my hair (upside Down) it looked and even felt fuller.   I know Aveeno products are expensive, so I will wait for it to go in my supermarkets bargain bin, or on sale.

I could also call the company.  On the baclk of almost every product is an 800 telephone number or an address.

I always call and write for coupons and have only once not recieved coupons.  Companies want you to buy their products, and will gladly send you coupons or samples.

It does not cost them anything and saves you money.  You can also have the finer products in life sometimes with good coupons.

I have been doing it forever and always smile, when I unlock my mailbox and there are one or two samples.  The samples usually come with a coupon in the envelope too.

Good shampoo but didn't add volume

I normally like Aveeno products and they are normally right on as what they claim there products will do. As for the volumizing shampoo I didn't really notice any difference. I found it had a good smell and made my hair feel fresh and stuff, but not much volume was added. I don't think it did anything in that area. So it is good smelling shampoo but for the volumizing part, you may want to fish out a new shampoo and try that.

Aveeno Nourish and Volumizing Shampoo Strengthens Hair

from Houston, TX

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

Shampoo manufacturers have their hands full. No matter how popular a specific brand/style might be, they still have to develop new products- products that are better than those presently available or that have unique qualities that set them apart from the competition. One common trend is to create shampoos with exotic ingredients and one good example is **Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo**, a Johnson & Johnson product.

**Shampoo Commentary:**

Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo is a thick shampoo containing special ingredients intended to strengthen hair and add body. This shampoo is made with wheat and blue lotus flowers- two ingredients that add extra nourishment to hair. Because of these qualities, this product is meant for those with fine, thin, or limp hair that could use a lift every now and then.

As I said above, shampoos with unusual ingredients are becoming more and more common every day as manufacturers look for new ways to make shampoo that will appeal to a different audience. I have sampled sveeral of them and what I have found is that with some, the exotic ingredients are really no better than standard shampoo. But with others, the special ingredients do make a difference and Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo is one of them. With this shampoo, hair really does appear fuller and individual strands of hair seem stronger and less likely to break off easily.

As I said, Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo offers two items not normally found in shampoo: wheat complex and blue lotus flower. These are the ingredients that are intended to strengthen the hair by fortifying the hair shaft with protein, making it stronger and less likely to break. This certainly sounds appealing and it will likely attract the interest of those with fine and/or thinning hair. I was skeptical when I first heard this claim, but I was willing to try the shampoo and then put the product to the test. And my results have been positive. My hair tends to break off easily- a simple action like running my fingers through my hair, similar to what you would do with a comb, will often result in multiple strands of hair breaking free. After using Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo for a couple of days and then performing the same action, I find that I don't have this problem anymore. There might be one or two loose strands, but that is it.

As for cleaning ability, Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo does a very good job. It cleans nicely and rinses away very quickly. It also offers a fresh, soapy scent that is gender neutral so that most anyone can use it. My hair is short, so there is no need to wash it a second time. A single washing is all it takes to get the hair clean.

Looking for something wrong with Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo, I can find two things, and they are related to each other: The amount of product in each bottle and the price per ounce. There isn't as much shampoo in this tall, narrow bottle as there is in the containers of other shampoo products, but the cost is greater than that of most other shampoos. This means that the price per ounce is significantly higher with Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo. The manufacturer likely knew the product's sales would decline if the bottle was larger (the standard size Aveeno shampoo bottle is only 10.5 ounces) because the price would be psychologically out of reach and beyond most budgets. So, they decided to package it in a smaller bottle, which means it will not last very long.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo is a very good product that does, indeed, strengthen the hair as it promises and offers a nice level of clean. I wish the bottle was a little larger and the price a little lower, but this is still a very good hair care product with plenty of positive qualities. It makes a good choice for those whose hair is flat, limp, and could use a little strengthening.

This shampoo nourishes the hair and scalp and cleans well

Very nice scent with this product

Nourishing shampoo that I had to use every day

from Houston, TX

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I normally use Organix Shampoo and Conditioner. I know it's sort of expensive so I do have to make adjustments sometimes and one of those adjustments was to Johnson & Johnson Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo 10.5 oz. I picked it up at Target because I like the Aveeno products and they didn't have the shampoo I normally use.

What do I like about Johnson & Johnson Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo 10.5 oz?

- makes hair healthy

- good, quality ingredients

- scent

- moisturizing

What don't I like about Johnson & Johnson Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo 10.5 oz?

- It pours too fast out of the bottle

- I have to wash my hair everyday when I use it

- It ends up making my hair flat.

But that's just my hair. It actually works wonderfully on my daughter's. My main complaint is that I don't have as much volume as I normally would have and that I have to wash my hair everyday when I use it. I did like that using Johnson & Johnson Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo 10.5 oz took care of my scalp being dry (after using something else on vacation) but there are just better shampoo's out there for me. I'll keep using it on my daughters.

It wasn't as effective on my hair as it was on my daughter's but that's okay, with three of them I'm happy to find something that works.

Very nice, pleasing scent even after you rinse and blow dry.

Aveeno Volumize Shampoo made my hair feel really good

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

Another sample I received was Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo, and also the Nourish + Volumize Conditioner.

The Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo comes in a 0.3 ounce (9 ml.) sachet.  It has the same beige color as the 10.5 ounce bottle.

At the time I used it I had just come back from the beach, and my hair had dried out, and had sun damage.

I ripped off the top of the sachet, stood under the shower, and then poured some of the shampoo into the palms of my hands.  It didn't lather that much so I added more water to my hair, and then got a good lather.

I allowed it to stay on for a short while, and then rinsed it off.  I then used conditioner to really bring my hair back. My hair felt clean, fresh, and silky.

Next I combed my hair, put gel in it, blow-dried it, used the curling iron, teased it, and then into a French Twist.  My hair felt as if it had more volume to it.  I know that when you rinse your hair, you are removing some of the body that the shampoo puts in, but I feel that Aveeno have made a product that improves the hair.

Gives my hair more volume.

A very pleasant smell.

Aveeno is a quality brand, but I was let down by their shampoo

from Wheeling, WV

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I first tried Aveeno products a few years ago and quickly fell in love with their lotions and facial mosturizers. I am still a big fan. I then, later, began to explore their haircare lines. Mainly, their Aveeno Nourish and Volumize Shampoo. The first time I used it, I was pleased, more with the shampoo itself, rather than the resulting hair that it created. I used it for a number of weeks and finally stopped using it, because it just wasn't working with my hair type. I have a very fine hair, which often needs a little lift, and the Aveeno shampoo was just not doing the trick. I was trying it during the wintertime, so I don't know if perhaps the atmosphere had something to do with the results. I may try again during the spring or summer months and see if the results are different. The shampoo smells wonderful, lathers great, and rinses clean. I just don't care for the residue it leaves on my hair that weighs it down in the long run.

Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo = best budget shampoo

from Vista, CA

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

**Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo** is a great budget shampoo. I tend to lean towards expensive hair products, but every once in a while I like to save money by mixing in some cheaper hair products.

This Aveeno Shampoo is a cheaper product that is gentle on the hair and scalp. I took this product with me on vacation because the bottle was the perfect size to last me a couple of weeks. This product adds a lot of shine and softness to my hair. It didn't really add any volume to my thick fine hair, but it does add a lot of shine and my hair feels silky after washing it. I definitely cannot use this product every day as it ends up weighing my hair down too much, and can make my hair feel greasy. I really like Aveeno products because they work great for sensitive skin.

If you are looking for a cheaper product to use on your hair, then try Aveeno hair products. If you have sensitive skin, then Aveeno products will work well for you.

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I love, love, love, love this shampoo!!! It seems as though I really cannot find a single Aveeno product I dont like. The only thing I am not a fan of with Aveeno is the size of the bottles of the products for the amount that you pay for the product. The smell is great, and it does what it says. I noticed a difference in the volume of my hair. I also can tell that my hair is a lot softer and silkier now. I had used the Aveeno Nourish + Moisture Shampoo in the past thinking that my hair was dry and needed the added moisture, but that just made my hair very oily and greasy and made it almost flat on my head. I then saw the Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo and decided to try it. I am glad I did. The smell is very light and feminine. I am not a fan of the bottle as its very smooth and does not really give you much of an area to grip and it has slipped out of my hands a couple of times and can sometimes be hard to squeeze.****

Aveeno Nourish+Volumize Shampoo smells nice

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I bought this shampoo because I had a coupon and it was part of a rebate offer. I got it along with the matching conditioner. The shampoo is just okay. I don't think I will buy it again. The only really positive thing I will say about it is that it smells good. I always appreciate a nice smelling shampoo. It makes a shower a little nicer in the morning. I was actually surprised by this product because I usually really like Aveeno products. The Nourish+Volumize shampoo doesn't suds up very well. I feel like my hair isn't really that clean afterwards. I really like a shampoo that gets really foamy, it feels more clean to me. The shampoo without a coupon is a little pricey for drug store shampoo as well. I definitely wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on sale. I really feel like they might be better off only making lotion since they do that so well. I think this shampoo is average, nothing special.

thick hair

from Russellville, KY

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I have been using aveeno skin care for a long time.  I really discovered their shampoo line and love it.  Aveeno is a brand I trust and love.  This shampoo has wheat in which is great because it is earth friendly and we use it in our lives everyday.  If it is safe to eat, then it's ok in our hair.  I have tried other volumizing shampoos and none have worked as well as this.  M hair is so full after using this and I need to because i have soft hair.  It makes it nice and thick.  It lasts for 2-3 days ad then I wash it again.  It has staying power whereas most volumize and then your hair is limp the next day.  It smells very good too.  The smell even lasts another day.  I think everyone should try this shampoo.  Ithink they would love i as much as i do.  Plus the price is so much more affordable than shampoos you would pay in a beauty shop and aveeno puts out coupons all the time.  It's a great bargain.

Nourish + Volumize shampoo really works

from Acworth, GA

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I was given a bottle of Aveeno Nourish + Volumize shampoo to try.  I have very fine, thin hair.  I started using the shampoo daily and really didn't think much about it.  About four weeks later I went to get my hair cut.  The first thing my stylist said to me was that my hair seemed thicker!  I was shocked,  I asked her if it could be the shampoo that I had been using.  She asked me what was in it and I told her that it had Lotus flower in it.  She said that she has heard that that is a great ingredient for thickening hair.  I was thrilled.  I love the fact that I can get great results from a hair care product that you can purchase at a drug store or grocery store.  It delivers great results at a very affordable price.  It also has a great scent to it.  Not overpowering, but clean and natural smelling.  I would totally reccomend this product to any one with fine, thin or limp hair.  It really does make your hair thicker.

Great Volume

from Broadview Heights, OH

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Volumize Shampoo:

I love the Aveno Volume Therapy Shampoo. This is the new nourishing shampoo that I had the opportunity to use a sample.  After using many volume shampoos and some quite pricey, I was skeptical that this particular brand would really live up to its claims. So many volume shampoos leave my hair full, but also full of static after I dry my hair.  Not this one; I had great volume without looking as though I put my finger in an electrical socket.  I like the sample so much that I purchased the product and am very happy with the results.  I have nice volume, my hair still can be smoothed out with appliances and still keep the volume.  After using the shampoo for some time, my hair feels healthier all around - at the roots and throughout!

The aroma is great while shampooing and smells great all day like I just visited the salon!  Just a little bit goes along way and it is rinses out easily.  You'll be glad to try this shampoo too!