Other Hair Conditioners:

Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Aveeno Nourish and Moisturize Conditioner

I have always loved Aveeno body lotion, so when I saw this conditioner in the drugstore, I had to give it a try.  I have very dry hair which is colored every eight weeks (approximately)  like to give my hair an extra-good conditioning after I have it colored. I put the Aveeno on my hair and covered it with a plastic cap while I showered. This allowed the conditioner to really be absorbed by my hair. I was very pleasantly surprised with the results. After both drying and flat ironing my hair, my hair was both soft and silky. It truly was moisturized. According to the bottle, scientific studies show that after three conditionings, hair  damage is improved. I do not know what their scientific studies entailed, and I am not sure that my hair actually was less damaged, but I will say that it appeared to be. I do not , however, see how a condioner can actually repair damaged hair. But, the goal of this conditioner was to provide moisture to the hair and that it definitely did. The price is pretty good and I frequently see coupons for it.

Mositurize Hair, Softens Hair, But Where Is the Shine?

Whenever I run out of shampoo or conditioner, I like to pick up something new. Usually whenever I am in the store they have the shelves lined with newbie products all promising me wonderful results. Some provide products that work, while others...well not so much.

So you are probably wondering where Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner fits in the equation.

It is safe to say that if you have thick long wavy hair like mine, that Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner will in fact moisturize your hair. Dry hair becomes a thing of the past, after just two or three uses.

The scent is nice, it has a very fresh uplifting scent, but it's not a bold or overpowering scent, nor does it last afte ryour hair dries.

Although the conditioner left my hair very soft, and moisturized, I did not notice anything as far as added shine.

Granted the conditioner works, and works well, I have used others that provided all 3. Soft hair, moisturized hair, and shiny hair.

Although Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Moisturize works nicely, it lacks in the shine department.

Personally I would still recommend it, because the added moisture to my hair is greatly appreciated, I would have liked to see a bit more from it though.

I was disappointed in this conditioner.

from West Virginia

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

I've been a fan of Aveeno products for years and I always loved their body washes but this time I was disappointed. The conditioner just didn't nourish my hair in the way I had expected. When I smelled of the conditioner, it smelled good and so I read the bottle. It was supposed to nourish split ends, moisturize dry hair, and detangle and smooth hair to make it healthy and renewed. All of that sounded great but it wasn't what I was left with after trying the conditioner.

When I put the conditioner into my hand it felt very watery. I had expected it to be thick and creamy but it just wasn't. When I actually put it into my hair it didn't soak in and nourish like I had thought it might. The conditioner was just too watered down for my hair. I let it soak for ten minutes while I was in the shower but it didn't have any impact.

I am extremely disappointed. I love all the other Aveeno products that I own.

It didn't help my hair. It was watered down. It didn't nourish my split ends, it didn't detangle my hair, and it didn't help my hair become restored and healthy.

It smelled great but that's all that it had going for it.

My hair looked greasy from this product

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

I have tried many conditioners on my hair since I have fine, thin hair and most conditioners tend to be too heavy for my hair. This product had to be one of the worst I have ever tried. I was very surprised because I love Aveeno products and use many items from their line, but this one did not work for me.
This conditioner was very runny and I felt like I had to use a lot to make sure I got it into my hair. I left it on while I was in the shower and then rinsed it out completely. I felt like I was rinsing forever, my hair even felt greasy in the shower.
This made my hair look very weighed down and heavy. My hair was lifeless and it looked like I had not even washed it.
This product was too much for my thin hair, it may work better for people with thicker hair, but it just wasn't for me.

I did not like the way this conditioner made my hair look and feel.

The scent was just okay, it was a light scent and you could barely smell it once your hair is dry.

Fairly expensive and works well!

from Davis, CA

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

With my long, wavy, color-treated and frizzy-prone hair, I need to use a moisturizing conditioner. I've used an expensive name brand for years and still do from time to time. However, when I can find Aveeno Nourish+Moisturize conditioner, I always pick up a couple of bottles. It is about one-third the price of my more expensive conditioner and works just as well. Every time I use it, my hair is tangle free and looks great when it dries. My curls are soft and bouncy without any frizzes.

I don't have to use any other styling products when I use this product. But, when I want to style my hair, I try to pair this conditioner with Aveeno's styling foam, which is a mousse. My hairstyle stays in place without feeling stiff.

This conditioner works great! My hair is soft, silky and not frizzy at all.

I love the scent, as it smells fresh and clean. When my hair dries, I love how it smells so much I can't keep from picking up a handful of my hair and taking a deep sniff.

silky feeling hair

from Oostburg, WI

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

This is an outstanding product that leaves my longer hair feeling silky and smooth. I first received a free sample and it was love at first try. I also received coupons which I used right away. But no coupons are needed for me to keep this on my shelf.

leaves my longer hair feeling so silky and smooth

love it

An amazingly restoring conditioner

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

This uber rich conditioner restores my dry, damaged hair with just a few washes, transforming it to be visibly healthier. I love this conditioner because it repaired my extremely damaged hair, reducing the amount of split ends and adding tons of hydrating back into every strand of hair. I also love how it made my hair look much shinier and it felt much softer. Everything about this conditioner was great for me, and it also uses natural ingredients to get amazing and effective results.

This rich, hydrating formula really restored loads of moisture into my hair. After a few washes, my hair was much less dry and had less frizz. It seemed to moisturize every single strand of hair on my head, and I had to deal with much fewer fuzzy knots in my hair when I was brushing it, which is something I find whenever my hair gets extra dry. My hair felt much softer too, and it didn't feel stringy or rough. This product gave me amazing results without using harsh chemicals that most conditioners use. This is a very potent and effective conditioner for sure.

This product has a sweet, clean, floral like fragrance that isn't overpowering or overly artificial like most conditioners.

keeps my hair from getting too dry

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

When I started using Aveeno Shampoo, I decided to also use their Aveeno Nourish and Moisturize Conditioner. This conditioner works really well to keep my hair from getting too knotty. I only have to use a small amount of this conditioner. I normally put it in my hair and let it in for a few minutes. This helps it be more of a mask for my hair. I can brush thru my hair really easily after I use this conditioner. It helps keep my hair manageable. When I use this conditioner it keeps my hair from getting knotty throughout the day.

This also helps keep my hair moisturized. Since I tend to have frizzy hair, I need to keep my hair moisturized so I don't get too many split ends and fly aways. This conditioner also smells really good, and it keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

This helps keep my hair free of knots. It also keeps my hair moisturized so I don't have to worry about split ends or fly-aways.

Very moisturizing but left my hair feeling a little heavy.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

Aveeno Nourish and Moisturize Conditioner is good, but it is not great. I really liked how it left my hair feeling softer than it was before I used it. This conditioner really coated every strand of my hair to nourish it. I did not leave it in very long before I rinsed because it was a very thick conditioner. It smelled nice. The scent was not overpowering and left my hair smelling pretty good. The problems I had with this conditioner are two. This conditioner left my hair feeling heavy. No amount of volumizing spray helped the problem and I ended up having to tease my hair at the roots to get some volume, which really negates the use of conditioner. Also, the cost. This conditioner was not worth how much I paid for it. I do not think that I would purchase this particular conditioner again and it is not one that I would recommend.

This conditioner was effective in moisturizing my hair, but it put a little too much moisturizer in it. My hair was left feeling a little heavy and limp.

Nice Conditioner!

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

I always have loved Aveeno products because of their high quality so when I needed to buy new shampoo/conditioner I noticed it was on sale and went for it - I tend to stray from hair product to hair product. Its definitely still pricey compared to other options such as Herbal Essences, but I think its definitely worth it and there are often coupons/sales if you keep your eyes open (even free samples.) With the conditioner my hair stays cleaner longer and feels healthier. I normally have really frizzy hair and this helps calm it down (I also use an Aveeno leave-in product now.) The smell is fairly mild, much like most Aveeno lotions its not fruity or over-powering. First drugstore conditioner I've noticed that actually has some effect and now I'm hooked and haven't switched to any other product when I run out like I used to between conditioners. I would highly recommend this product!

Disappointed with this product.

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

I tried the Aveeno Nourish and Moisturize Conditioner along with the Aveeno Shampoo, and I was disappointed with both of these products. I have used various Aveeno skin products in the past and really loved them, so I was excited when these hair products came out. However, they left my hair dry and frizzy. Luckily, these products are not all that expensive, so I didn't feel like I had completely wasted a lot of money on them when they didn't work, and I ended up giving them to a friend. She didn't love them, either, but was able to use them.

The Aveeno Conditioner was difficult to rinse out, yet it somehow left my hair dry and frizzy. It has a strange consistency and doesn't feel like it actually absorbs into hair at all. I did not have any chemical treatments on my hair when I used the Aveeno conditioner, and I rarely find a product that I just cannot continue using.

The scent is one of the few things I enjoyed. It is a clean and light scent that was not overpowering at all.

Better than any moisturizer

Comments about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner:

I started using Aveeno shampoo and conditioner by chance after trying out many shampoos and conditioners before to fix literally one, tangle spot in my hair. This moisturizer doesnt leave your hair heavy like some others would. After using Aveeno my hair feels and looks healthier and i havent had any problems with tangles! Although it might be more expensive than other conditioners I would definitely recommend this one. It does what it promises and your hair will look good even if it is damaged by coloring or just super dry. You can try a sample first if you are afraid it wouldnt work for your hair but I would definitely recommend it.

It is very effective and delivers what it promises on the label. My hair looked healthier, was easy to comb and I didnt have any issues with tangles after starting using it.

It has a light smell to it but nothing too strong or long lasting. My daughter who is 4 loves to smell my hair and say it smells sooo good.