4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Outstanding lotion for anyone with eczema and related dry skin!

We live in a very dry, desert-like, climate, and I've always had to use good lotions on my children's skin after bathing.  Around 9 months old, my son developed very dry skin patches on his legs, arm, shoulders and back.  Even though I used good lotions, even Aveeno lotions, his itchy dry patches kept coming back.  We got an eczema prescription for his patches, which did help, but I do not like using medications on my babies.  When I saw this new product on the shelf while I was buying Aveeno, I immediately purchased it to try out.  IT'S A MIRACLE!  My son has not had ANY dry patches since we started using this product!  I only apply it to his skin once or twice a week (after his bath), and have not had to reapply in between, it works THAT WELL!  I love this product and really cannot recommend it more.  It's too bad that it's fairly expensive, but it's worth it to me, and to my son I am sure.

Works well for my daughter.

My daughter has eczema and I was so happy to find Aveeno eczema therapy moisturizing cream. I have used other Aveeno products before, for her and my other children, so it's a brand I trust. The medicine/cream my daughter was using (by prescription) worked well but the doctor recommended that she stop using it because it wasn't meant for long-term use. I quickly went to the store to look for an alternative (her flare ups don't take long) and I found this product. Aveeno eczema moisturizing cream was the first product we tried and it is working well so far. It keeps her eczema under control and it's safe for her to use every day. As well as having eczema, my daughter has very sensitive skin and this lotion is very gentle and doesn't irritate it. The cost of this cream is reasonable, I would pay more if I had to because of how well it works. The amount of cream you get in the bottle is generous. I would definitely recommend.

I would buy again

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizing

Cons

• Daily Use
    • Travel

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

This is an amazing lotion. I love the texture of this lotion, it is not too thick and not too thing. I have used this brand on myself and my child. He has always had sensitive skin and always broken out. The smell is pleasant and not strong can be used on babies. It rubs into the skin well and does not leave a sticky feeling like some lotions do. In combination of the oatmeal bath this works even better.

aveeno for acne

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

I used this on a red patch on my skin. It really cleared it up just about over night, so I decided to try it on my breakouts. At 63 years old I still get them,yes. Unbelievably it helped tremendously. I could not believe it. I thought I stumbled on a product that is used for eczema but great on acne. Plus it is a wonderful moisturizer. I will not be without it. I threw away all my other creams and lotions.

• Absorption:

The best without a prescription for eczema!

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

My daughter suffers from eczema on her back. It was so bad that it was mistaken for ringworm! Gross! We went to a doctor and to a dermatologist, and they both just readily prescribed steroid-based creams. I absolutely refused. She was only 6. We tried aquaphor - which was ok, Vaseline, pure Argan oil (really expensive!), chinese herbal capsules, unrefined shea butter, organic extra virgin coconut oil--nothing worked! Then we found our perfect combination. Aveeno Eczema Therapy moisturizing cream. I read the reviews for this cream and was really impressed. We were so desperate for a healthy solution, that I decided to give it a try. I am sooooo happy that I did. Within 24 hours, I knew that we had stumbled across a winner! Boy, oh boy, what a major difference in her skin. She had swollen, red, itchy, crusty, stretched and blotchy skin. Not a pretty sight. She applies the moisturizing cream about 2 times a day and after swimming/showering. I sure hope this helps someone.

• Absorption:

Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream - Somewhat Great!

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

I am a huge fan of all things Aveeno. In fact, I think they are the leading brand in skin care creams and lotions. Having said that, for an eczema therapy cream, this product left me a little bit disappointed. My youngest son gets quite bad eczema on his legs, arms and back and it doesn't take much for him to get a flare-up. This cream is somewhat thinner than I would have expected, a consistency similar to yogurt, however it does rub in well (perhaps a bit too quickly) and in my opinion, is all but forgotten an hour later. Now in comparison to Aveeno's Baby Cream which is much thicker (like melted candle wax) it rubs in well but 24 hours later, you can still feel the supple outcome of having applied the cream a whole day before. So for an eczema therapy cream, and particularly for the Aveeno brand, I was somewhat disappointed. However as a moisturizer for my dry hands having washed up 4 times a day, it is very good.

Amazingly affective

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

This is an extremely effective and potent cream that reduces itching, redness, and all of eczema problems. I was truly impressed by the results I got from this product. It really hydrated my skin, reducing the amount of redness and significantly relieving itching. I absolutely love this product, and I think that is has prescription quality strength.

This is a fragrance free product, meaning this product won't further irritate skin and this makes this ideal for sensitive skin.

Absorption
    This is a non-greasy cream that deeply hydrates skin. What I love is there is no residue left behind when I use this product, so my skin doesn't feel sluggish or gross.

This product truly transformed my skin. I tend to get eczema around the inside of my elbows, and I tend to scratch at is endlessly. This product really does a mind blowingly amazing job of relieving itching. I also was impressed by how much this product reduced redness. This cream has an extremely potent and effective formula.

keeps my skin moisturized

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

During the winter months, I am constantly using different lotions and creams. One that I found that works really well is Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream. It works well to keep my skin moisturized without making it oily. This cream soaks into your skin really well, and it doesn't just sit on your skin like some lotions do. This also really helps prevent dry skin from flaking.

Since I tend to have sensitive skin, I like that this cream does not bother my skin at all. It doesn't give me any type of rash or cause sensitivity.

Aveeno products are really affordable, and they're easy to find at any pharmacy or larger grocery store. A lot of times you can even find coupons for Aveeno products. I also like that the cream lasts for a really long time since a small amount goes a long way.

Absorption
    This absorbs into my skin really well. It does not just stay on your skin and make it oily.

This works really well to keep my skin moisturized. It keeps me from getting too dry of skin, and it works well to repair dry skin.

Thick and non greasy

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

As a sufferer of Eczema I try to find the best skin care I can. I have always loved Aveeno for their soothing oatmeal baths and their rich hand creams. When I saw this product catering to Eczema patients I was intriguied. Would it be as good, albeit cheaper, as my prescribed creams. So far I would say yes, it coats my hands very nicely, without leaving them feeling greasy. And it is by far cheaper and less harsh as the prescription hand cream I have for outbreaks. This is definitely a hand cream I can use every day, and maybe reduce the amounts of skin breakouts. My form of eczema is a little more rare than traditional, so this cream could save me from the painful peeling blisters I normally get all over my palms and fingers. I also use this on my daughter, who sadly, inherited the trait from me. I much prefer to use this lotion over the harsher prescription cream. And the smell is fantastic! I love Aveeno products, nothing overpowering in the scent department here!

• Absorption:

Great lotion but ineffective for eczema treatment

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

I bought this product to use daily after baths as a preventative measure against eczema. I also had small patches of eczema I was hoping to treat. Aveeno eczema therapy cream smells mild and natural. However, I was surprised that this lotion was so thin and liquid. It seemed to absorb well, but still left my skin feeling dry a couple hours later. Also, it did absolutely nothing to alleviate my numerous small patches of eczema.

This lotion works fine as a light daily moisturizer, but not as an eczema treatment. For the expensive price, I would have expected a more effective product with a thicker texture and longer-lasting moisturizing sensation. It was also very hard to get the last bits of cream from the bottle. The thickness of the plastic made it difficult to squeeze, even though the bottle's design was inverted. I also went through the entire tube very quickly due to the watery nature of the lotion.

Saved my Skin

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

This lotion saved my skin! This winter I started to notice I was getting little red patches on my legs that were really itchy and sore. Not thinking about what it could be I started to just put regular skin lotion on it to see if it would help. After a few weeks I noticed no difference in the spots on my legs and I even saw that I was getting some new ones. So I started doing some research on what it could be and came across eczema which causes dry skin like I was having. I got really worries since I thought I would need a special ointment and I didn’t have the money at the time for such a costly visit it the doctors. After looking around some more I found that a lot of people were having success with this product so I figured I would give it a try! I cannot say enough good about this product it is amazing. I put it on the very first day after taking a bath and the next morning it wasn’t as red or as itchy the day before. I was so happy I found a simple solution without spending a whole bunch of money on something that isn’t going to work.

Aveeno eczema cream

Comments about Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream:

Love Aveeno! They make the best creams and lotions. This one is so thick and really helps itchy red dry skin from eczema. I've tried everything over the counter for my hand eczema and I keep going back to the Aveeno. It does not burn my skin and makes my hands feel soft and I feel really protects them when I have to get them wet. Great product worth the money!

Doesn't really have a scent which I prefer. Since this is for eczema you wouldn't want it to have a perfume scent since that would burn.

Absorption
    Absorbs pretty quickly and does not leave a greasy residue on skin either. A small amount does the trick.

If you use this daily, mainly after doing dishes, bathing, or washing your hands, it will help tremendously. I have two kids and wash my hands and do dishes all day. This really helps with the tight itchy redness and bumps that I get from my eczema. It makes my hands feel normal again and I can bend them and move them without that painful tightness from eczema. I notice if I'm out all day and don't apply, this product really does help.