3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

A Quality Product That Works

I had always suffered from dry skin, even in my twenties; but suddenly I was in my forties and had acne on my forehead. None of the moisturizers I had used in the past seemed to be helping. I saw the dermatologist who gave me a prescription for a pill, but I really didn't want to add another pill to my list of medicines. I decided to take a trip to the pharmacy to look at the skin care products instead and found Aveeno Clear Complexion. The bottle said it "helps prevent breakouts" and "for clear, even looking skin" so I gave it a try. Within a couple of weeks I noticed a real difference. My forehead wasn't breaking out and the rest of my face still felt moisturized. There was none of the dry, tight feeling that I remember from acne products of my youth. It doesn't cause any burning feeling or redness either. It's a good balanced product which does what it claims. If I had to change anything, I'd add SPF.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer

Aveeno Daily Moisturizer Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer is a product that I shared with my daughter when she moved home for 6 months when her husband was deployed with the Air Force.
Read complete review

It comes in a 4 ounce container and I like the pump that dispenses a perfect amount of lotion to moisturize my face.

Aveeno claims this product is oil free, hypoallergenic, and that it won't clog pores. It has 0.5% salicylic acid, which is an acne medication, so this lotion is also supposed to help with blemishes.

I have fairly dry skin, and although I did like Aveeno's "Positively Radiant Moisturizer", I didn't have as much luck with Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer. It doesn't have a bad scent, but it leaves my face feeling greasy, despite it absorbing fairly quickly into my face.

The biggest problem I had with this moisturizer was it left my face red and flushed. That may be, in part, due to the acne medication, but I simply couldn't tolerate it. I'm not one to wear foundation on a daily basis, so I had no way to cover up the redness. I simply couldn't use this moisturizer, but my daughter did like it and she felt it helped her adult acne.

Moisturized okay, absorbs quickly

Great, I love the pump style dispenser

Pump style dispenser makes using this every morning easy

Side Effects
It turned my face red and flushed

Immediacy
Didn't give me the results I was looking for

Love this product!

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

I am in my mid 30's and have never used a moisturizer before this. I was always worried that moisturizers would make my skin break out. When I saw that it is supposed to prevent breakouts, I figured I would give it a try. Since I've been using this product, I haven't had as many pimples. It seems like a good preventative product. My skin feels softer than it ever has! I also really like the scent...not overpowering, but a nice, clean, fresh scent. I highly recommend this.

Although it hasn't cleared up any blemishes I might have, it does seem to help prevent them. My face is sometimes oily and sometimes very dry. This seems to work at keeping my skin in-between so that it doesn't get dry in the winter or oily in the summer.

Ease of Application
This product is easy to apply and feels great going on. It isn't greasy at all and generally absorbs fairly quickly...even when my skin seems oily. The pump delivers an almost perfect amount of product when I use it so there is less waste and less mess.

Convenience
Very convenient to use. One pump, a light rub, and I'm done.

Side Effects
I have not had any type of side effects while using this product. The only type of side effect I have noticed is good: Not as many blemishes.

Works wonderfully for me

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

I had a dermatologist recommend the Aveeno brand to me over 10 years ago. I think Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Mouisturizer is a great moisturizer. I also like that it is part of their Active Naturals line. I have slightly dry and oily skin. This gives me the balance I need. Moisturizering well but not so much that I feel oily. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. This uses salicylic acid as the acne fighter. I'm in my 30's and still suffer from periodic acne. Over the years I've learned that salicylic acid is the best acne fighter for me. It also evens out skin tone. I had some dark spots, old acne scars, and I think it has worked on those. Also, this is made in Canada. I like that it is not made overseas.
I like that this product has the added benefit of an acne fighter. If you suffer from more severe acne, I think you need more than just this product. This alone will not clear up acne in my opinion. I use it along with a good cleanser. After 30 years I have it mostly under control.

• Immediacy:

Not great, even as a moisturizer!

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

I bought this Moisturizer along with the Clear Complexion Facial Cleanser in hopes that it would better the possibility of receiving better results. My skin occasionally break out and it gets pretty embarrassing. I believe that taking care of my skin on the long-term is supposed to work best, and what better way to take care of your skin than cleansing and moisturizing? The cleanser, did not work. This moisturizer is NO exception.

This contains 0.5% salycic acid, which is practically nothing! You will never see results because it is not strong enough. However, it is supposed to be gentle enough for daily use, so I can't HATE the product. The cleanser did not work for acne, so I used it as a normal cleanser. I WISHED that I can say the same for this moisturizer, but it is thin and virtually useless.

After I get out of the shower, my skin is very dry. I apply this moisturizer, but it remains dry after a couple of minutes! My other lotions do a better job than this! Save your money and buy normal facial moisturizer, as this line is pretty expensive.

Aveeno for life!

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

This is the only lotion that I will forever put on my face. It doesn't feel greasy and certainly doesn't make your face look shiny. It feels just right. I use this lotion before I put make up on in the morning and after I washed up at night. It never clogs my pores and my face looks bright and soft in the morning. I also use aveeno daily brightener face wash, and I will tell you, together the lotion and face wash are an unbeatable duo. I get complements often on my complexion and I owe it to aveeno and its products. Got my boyfriend on aveeno products as he was having skin problems and was willing to try anything. Needless to say his skin is now cleared up and is also in love with this product. Try it!

Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer

from Eagle River, AK

Moisturized okay, absorbs quickly

Great, I love the pump style dispenser

Pump style dispenser makes using this every morning easy

Side Effects
It turned my face red and flushed

Immediacy
Didn't give me the results I was looking for

Helps with smoothing skin

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

I bought this line from a recommendation from my sister with is a Physicians Assistant at a plastic surgeons office. She sees people with acne scarring and break outs all the time. She told me she tells her patients to use this is they don't want a prescription. It isn't harsh and it has a small amount of salicylic acid it. I feel like it has helped with scarring and has smoothed out my skin. It has a nice smell, and the price isn't too high. Aveeno clear complexion also had a soap bar that I keep in the shower and use it after shampooing to clean it. I really see a difference and will continue to buy this moisturizer. The pump on the bottle also dispenses the perfect amount.

• Immediacy:

not worth buying if you have normal skin

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

ugh i wasted my money on this product. Now i have normal skin and was looking for a facial cleaner that doesnt over dry my skin, so i went to cvs and found this now let me mind you right on the bottle it says daily moisturizer without over drying skin, so every morning i wash my face in the shower well my face was starting to become really stiff and dry exspecially on my forehead so i quit using it and emailed the company direct and told them about my situation and they were really rude to me and told me basically that i wasted my money so if you have normal skin and are looking for a facial cleanser i would not recomend this unless you like having your skin dryed out.

A Quality Product That Works

from Hopkinsville, KY

from Winter Park, FL

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

I've always suffered from acne and oily skin so I've never felt the need for a moisturizer. Even when my skin would get dry in the winter time, I would refrain from any lotions on my face for fear that in a few days I would have more acne. Now I am 25 and still get the occasional breakouts. Now that I'm getting older, my skin is getting dry more often. I have always been a big fan of Aveeno and decided to give their Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer a chance. I use it everday with no irritation or outbreaks. It goes on smooth and light, within a minute it is dry with no oily residue. The bottle lasted me about 6 months, so it's definitely worth the money. If you suffer from acne or sensitive skin, this moisurizer will do wonders!

Very pricey/ doesn't work

from Iselin, NJ

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer:

It is very pricey and hard to find . I have been using this moisturizer regularly and it hasn't done any good. I have too many acne breakouts on my forehead and this cream doesn't cut it.

Pro would be it is very easy to apply and disappears pretty soon into the skin. You feel really good for an hour or so and then it is back to dry skin. I have scars from previous acne and it doesn't even the skin tone at all.

I have been using thsi product for almost 6 months now based on teh reviews that it will yield result sooner or later. I have been basically dissappointed is what I have to say. It is just a simple facial moiturizer that too wihout SPF. But I bought them in bulk so have to go through them until they are finished. I will not recommend this product to anyone and they do not have frequent coupons to apply on these. I got them because they were FSA approved product and I had to use the money on my account before december last year.