Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:

Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo

Pros

Cons

soothing!

This product is not like other baby washes that are really hard to rinse. It's very mild even for my child who gets eczema sometimes, a good alternate for not sooo dry days when she doesn't have to use the soothing relief creamy wash one of avenno baby.

light scent and light on skin but baby appeared allergic

I have always had very sensitive skin and I use the adult version of Aveeno body wash for sensitive skin.  When I became pregnant I knew I wanted to have a body wash that was going to work very well for my baby too and since I already used a version of it I thought this body wash would be great.  I actually received a big bottle of the aveeno baby wash as a baby shower gift.  The first sponge bath that my baby had was pretty uneventful- the wash appeared to be very calming and gently on his skin.  It has a pleasant light scent that stays with the baby but is not  overpowering.  The bubbles seem to be gentle on the skin as well and don't leave a thick film or anything.  The second sponge bath that we used the aveeno baby wash with my baby broke out in a rash all over.  Since it was a change from the first bath we thought maybe it was a fluke and tested the wash on a small section of skin a few days later and yet again he had a rash.  So it looks like a great baby wash but be careful- it may have some allergen in it that you baby could be allergic to.

Good for baby's skin!

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

I started using Aveeno on the recommendation of a friend after going through a variety of other soaps for sensitive skin for babies. My daughter has always had dry skin that's very reactive to any kind of dyes or scents. She breaks out in red rashes from the smallest things, even made for baby detergent. I was getting tired of having to switch up her soap all the time so when my friend told me about Aveeno I was skeptical but game. I don't love the scent, I'll be honest about that but because scents make my daughter's skin break out, I'm okay with it. It is not offensive, it just doesn't smell sweet and fruity. I use this soap as a body wash and shampoo combination and my daughter's skin is always soft and smooth. Her hair, which is pretty long, is relatively tangle free and shiny when dry. I haven't witnessed a single breakout since I started using Aveeno for her and would definitely recommend it to parents out there with kids with sensitive skin.

Very safe to use on the baby.

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

I use Johnson&Johnson baby body wash and shampoo on my daughter because it is cheaper than the Aveeno baby body wash and shampoo but I got the Aveeno as a gift at my baby shower so I've been using it on my five month old daughter. I really like the fact that it is tear free because I get worried when I accidentally get some in her eyes when I'm rinsing out her hair. I rarely ever get it in her face but the times that I have, it didn't even phase her. She just kept splashing in her little bathtub. I also like that it makes her hair really soft after I wash it. Her hair gets all cute, soft, and fuzzy. I love it.

I know it's gentle on my daughter's baby skin but also cleaning her really well. It works really good around her neck because she gets kind of stinky in that area when the formula drips down from her bottle but the Aveeno baby body wash and shampoo cleans the stinkiness away.

I love the scent. It smells so good and leaves my baby fresh and her little head smells so good and cute.

Good baby bath soap

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

I like this baby shampoo/soap because it is natural, inexpensive and effective. I switched to this from a more expensive natural shampoo because it's cheaper. This shampoo cleans both hair and body well. It does not hurt my son's eyes. It lathers well as it is thick. It rinses easily also. The soap is not harsh and does not dry out my child's skin. I use it as a bubble bath too although the bubbles do not last very long. I use this on both my three year old and baby with good results. It is relatively inexpensive which is nice. My son has eczema and this helps clean his skin without drying his eczema. I also use this soap for my eczema on my hands because it is not harsh.

Cleans well and does not irritate skin. The bottle lasts a long time because it is large and you only need a little soap to make a good lather.

Very light scent which doesn't bother my child. You can barely detect a scent.

Not a good product for sensitive skin

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo is an appealing product because it is an all-in-one shampoo and body wash for your baby. My baby is not a fan of being bathed each evening, so I want to use a product that maximizes efficiency when giving him a bath. This product is efficient, but I found that the side effects my baby experienced after using this product were fairly significant. My baby has very sensitive skin. I need to be conscious as to the ingredients present in the products I use to bathe him. I researched the ingredients in the Aveeno wash and did not think any of these things would bother his sensitive skin. I was wrong. I found that my baby's cradle cap was much worse for several days after using this product and the skin in the folds of his legs and creases of his arms was very dry and irritated. At first, I thought it might have been due to the cold, dry winter air but I used this product when the weather warmed up and his experienced the same side effects. While this product is efficient, I do not consider it to be an effective product for my baby.

One of the best soaps I have used for my son

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

My son sometimes get really dry skin and he's sometimes really sensitive to certain fragrances. I always try and switch up his soaps. I seen this Aveeno Baby wash and shampoo advertised in a parents magazine and I love it. The texture was thin and it lathered very well. It was light so it wasn't heavy on his skin. Its very mild and gentle to my sons skin leaving it to feel extremely soft and smooth. Its not harsh and it doesn't irritate his sensitive skin. Its very soothing and calming to his body, it smells so good. The smell always lasts on him all day and his skin isn't so dry anymore. It moisturizes his skin a lot and its really hydrating to his body. His skin doesn't look dry anymore, his skin looks a lot healthier. I would recommend this to any baby who has sensitive or dry skin that needs moisture. I love this soap because it can be used for the hair too, it makes his hair feel really soft and smooth. I love the way my sons skin has been feeling.

Aveeno baby wash

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

This is a good baby wash if you have kids with very sensitive skin or kids with dry skin or eczema. Both of my kids have problems with eczema and get horrible dry red itchy patches all over their bodies. This wash seems to calm the skin down and it does not irritate them or make their skin issues worse. This also works well for adults with skin issues. It is a little pricey but worth it in my opinion since it seems to work so well.

Works great on dry, itchy, red, flaky skin. Does not irritate the skin or cause more dry problems. Calms the skin and helps heal the skin as well as clean your kids. I like using this in the winter when my kids skin is at it's worst, it really seems to help them.

Aveeno baby has a more mild scent to it. Since this is more for sensitive skin it does not have perfumes or heavy scents to it. It's more of a gently baby smell and it's really not a noticeable scent unless you smell the open bottle.

Fantastic products for infants with Eczema

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

A couple of weeks after my son was born, I began to notice a red rash behind his knees and on his arms. He was also fussy and appeared uncomfortable at bath time and when I would apply lotion to him. I feared that he may be allergic to his bath time products. I took my baby to his pediatrician and my son was diagnosed with Eczema. My son's doctor suggested we try Aveeno products to help keep his Eczema from getting worse. I loved that Aveeno is made without any harsh chemicals or irritants. I was happy knowing that I could wash my child without causing his skin to become irritated or to make his Eczema worse. I also liked that this body wash did not have an overpowering scent. I am not a big fan of scents in products as most scents are made by adding unhealthy ingredients. Aveeno has a very light and fresh scent. Aveeno was very gentle and soothing. I actually noticed that my hands were softer after using Aveeno products on my son. Plus, my son was not longer fussy or irritated at bath time. I began using an assortment of Aveeno products on him and found that his skin began to look better over time and he was a much happier baby.

This product is great for infants and toddlers who has sensitive skin or eczema.

Aveeno has a light and fresh smelling scent.

Great for Sensitive Skin

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

My son started developing eczema when he was a couple of months old, so our peditician recommended Aveeno Baby wash. It made a huge different with not drying his skin out as much, and the breakouts were cut down. He is almost 3 years old and we still use it. It also works great for a bubble bath, with his sensitive skin and eczema we cannot use any other bubble bath because of all the added fragences to it. I have also used it mixed with cornstarch and food coloring to make paints for the bath tub because I have not found any on the market that are safe for his skin and allergies. We have also used this product for our daughter who is almost 1.5 years old from the time she was born, I did not even consider to use another product. It works great for any baby in my opinion.

It cleans the skin and hair great!

It has a nice mild scent to it, not strong like Johnson's. I like the scent because the less scent the better for my son's sensitive skin.

This is a really good product

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

I was told by my daughter's doctor that she has a slight case of baby eczema. I was not sure which body wash would be the best so I asked which one to use. I am happy to report that her doctor told me to use Baby Aveeno products. I decided to to give this product a try because it is a wash and shampoo all in one. This is great for me especially since I am a mom on a budget.

This product works well as a body wash, shampoo, and a bubble bath. It leaves my daughter's skin feeling soft, fresh and clean. It always leaves her hair feeling clean, soft and tangle free. It is good for anyone with sensitive skin. It is also dermatologist tested which I appreciate.

I appreciate that this body wash has a very light fragrance. It is not over powering like so many other products available. I have a very sensitive nose and I am always on the hunt for fragrance free products. I would recommend anyone with a baby to try this body wash. It is perfect for newborn babies as well.

Good Baby Wash

Comments about Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo:

Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo is another standby in my house. We squirt it in the tub as the water is filling and it makes a great bubble bath. My one year old and four year old use it both for washing their hair and bodies. It has a gentle smell that reminds me of when my baby was a newborn. I would give this a 10 if it was organic, but its paraban free and works.

Aveeno Baby Wash is effective without over-drying. It cleans my son's hair when its sticky from mashed food being in it, but you may have to use extra wash when doing so. I like that it cleans well, it hasn't stung my children's eyes, and it leaves their young skin feeling soft and moisturized when they get out of the bathtub.

I really enjoy the scent of Aveeno. You can buy fragrance free versions of the wash, but this one is light and has that "newborn baby" smell. That may not make sense, but its fresh and clean. The smell does not linger too long on my children after the bath, and they have never had any sensitivities to Aveeno bath wash either.