Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:
Aveeno Baby
Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment

Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment

Aveeno baby soothing bath is a great product!

from Kenner, LA

Comments about Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment:

I purchased and used the aveeno baby soothing bath treatment for my babies and toddlers for there dry sensitive skin and also when they had diaper rash to sooth them. I think this bath treatment works great and it soothes the babies skin. It seemed to help with my babies diaper rash. i think it helped to heal and sooth the diaper rash. Another great thing is that it is tear free. It is very important to me that any baby products I use are tear free because my kids are always getting soap and shampoo into there eyes. I think the aveeno baby soothing bath is great for sensitive skin and it is very gentle on the babies skin. My babies skin always feeled softer after I bathed them in the aveeno baby soothing bath treatment. I think this is a great product and it is effective. I think it is great to help heal and soothe babies skin for several different reasons so I think it is a good idea to keep this on hand because you never know when you may need it. I am sure it also helps soothe the skin if a child was bitten by ants or other different reasons for use.

Didn't notice anything special about this.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment:

Fist and foremost, Aveeno is a very good brand and I used it for a long time for my son's Eczema.  However, it is very expensive and for the amount of product we were needing to use on our son, it became a serious expense for our family.

I noticed the Aveeno lotions and washes to work the best, but to be honest, I didn't notice anything special about this bath treatment.  I by no means noticed any difference in his skin after using it, and I tried using it several times.

To be fair, my son is an infant and there was no way to ask him if it made his skin feel better.  There is a good chance that it felt good on his skin and made it feel better, but there was no way for me to know that.

Now that my son sees a dermatologist, we have found other products that work much better for our son's eczema.  We use Cetaphyl for baths and Vanicream lotion.  His skin is much better now!

Note:  We can't be positive that our new was and lotion works better for us than Aveeno, because it is very possible that our son just grew out of it a bit, but that is our experience.

aveeno baby bath is wonderful!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment:

This is a wonderful product that is used multiple times a month in my household.  Most recently my son had a terrible reaction to a new diaper we were trying out.  He had an awful rash up and down his thighs and all over his buttocks.  Aveeno baby soothing bath treatment was just the product to turn to for instant relief.  My favorite feature of this product is that the oatmeal not only soothes, but also cleanses.  I don't have to worry about rubbing a wash cloth to remove the dirt and causes extra irritation to my son's skin.  He just plays around in the bath tub for about twenty minutes and comes out clean and feeling a lot less itchy and red.  This product is very important for me to have on hand during the freezing cold of wisconsin winters.  I have even jumped in the bath myself with the soothing bath treatment to get some dry skin relief.  It works wonders and must have on hands at all times!

A veeno Baby bath treatment is really good but not all natural.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment:

My toddler has been getting over his eczema and this Aveeno Baby Soothing bath treatment used to help calm down flare ups. The convenience of a single use packet made me willing to pay for a box full when he was young because anything to make things simpler when he was a baby was nice.

While the product did seem to help his eczema and was fragrance free, I have since learned that a simple oat bath can be made at home (yes, many of you probably knew that but I'm new to all this). I am in favor of natural products and ingredients and while this does have great colloidal oatmeal, it also has laureth-4 and mineral oil which I'm not thrilled about. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars as it's better than most bath treatments for babies and is fragrance free and non-irritating but I didn't give it 5 because it sure seems like a homemade bath with only oatmeal and olive oil is more natural and worth trying.

The only effective bath treatment for my baby's eczema!

from Jackson, TN

Comments about Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment:

My son developed a pretty severe case of eczema when he was a few months old.  When he was old enough to try a prescription, his pediatrician prescribed some ointment.  It worked for the eczema on a short-term basis, but the scent of it was very very harsh.  We had to find something to bathe him in to control his poor skin, as it was very itchy and red in spots.  We had been using Dove unscented body wash, but even that has a little bit of a scent to it.  I tried these Aveeno packets for baby and LOVE them!  They actually do a great job at cleansing his skin AND gently softening it up, without scents!  In my opinion, manufacturers should not use scents in baby products, but until that happens, I will continue to use this.  We have seen a drastic difference in his skin after using this, even after the first bath.  Of course, we are using unscented detergents as well.  He is much happier and scratches himself much less.  THANK YOU so much Aveeno!