3.3

Cons

A let down from Aveeno.

from Kansas

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF 70-100+:

I have very fair skin and sunburn VERY easily. I also have sensitive skin which is why I wanted to try this Aveeno brand sunblock. I got the Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF at Wal-Mart but I can't remember the price. It came in a tube. The product has a neutral smell which some people like, I generally prefer scented items. The sunblock is thick and you really only need a little bit or you will never get it all rubbed in and you'll be covered in white lotion. Now here's the problem with the sunblock...you rub it in...and keep rubbing it in...and keep rubbing it in. It really does NOT want to absorb into your skin! I felt like it just remained on the top of my skin. I wore it and it did prevent sunburn but I really didn't like how it felt on my skin. I used it a few more times but ended up tossing it away. So overall I can say it works but it refuses to actually absorb into your skin which is annoying.

Nice sunblock

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF 70-100+:

I think this sunblock has been replaced by another product from Aveeno, I can't seem to find it any more. I am always on the fence with this brand. It seems like a natural product, but you must read the ingredient list for each product you buy. I avoid parabens and some Aveeno products have them. I had no trouble with the lotion rubbing in, but we all are on the fair side. I thought it was long lasting and gentle on the children. I liked it enough to buy again, but now can not find it.

Not a strong scent. Pleasant as far as sun block goes.

Absorption
We are fair skinned and did not have much of a problem with absorption.

Longevity
I thought it stayed on fairly well.

Seemed effective, we received no burns when using it. Be sure to use plenty though, many people do not apply enough.

Ease of Application
Like any lotion the kids fight it on their face. It is a lotion so not as easy as a spray, but you know you have them covered when you use it.

• Ease of Application:

I want to love it but it doesnt want to absorb into skin!

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF 70-100+:

Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen is great for people with sensitive skin or for those who turn beet red at just the thought of the sun. I, on the other hand, don't have either of those problems and simply bought it because the spf is over 50. While it works great for not getting a sunburn it is a pain to apply and it doesn't absorb very easily.

This sunscreen doesn't have a very strong scent. Probably good for someone with sensitive skin.

Absorption
I had the hardest time getting this stuff to absorb. Rub and rub and rub and I was still left with a white coating on my skin. If you miss some lotion and leave it, it turns hard and yellows. Not very attractive. So because of this problem I usually else apply the Aveeno to my shoulders, chest, and back (where I want the most protection), and then another brand to the rest of my body.

Longevity
This sunscreen does work for a long time. Doesn't come off immediately when in water and offers strong protection throughout the day.

While I don't like the white coating and yellowish clumps of lotion left behind, I haven't gotten a sunburn while using it.

Ease of Application
It is thick and does not absorb easily.

• Ease of Application:

Good if you want to look like a ghost..

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF 70-100+:

While this sunscreen did prevent me from getting burned this summer.. I will never buy it again! It is SO hard to get it to all soak into your skin and almost impossible not to have a really bad white cast wherever you put it. I was at the beach with my friends and my friend decided to borrow my sunscreen. When we came back she was sitting there with a pure white face and hands yelling, "I hate this sunscreen!" Enough said.

• Ease of Application:

Finally, a sunscreen that protects my fair, sensitive skin!

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF 70-100+:

As advertised, this sunscreen provides lasting protection from burns, even in the height of Texas summers.

It smells like sunscreen, but not as powerfully as other brands.

Absorption
There is a slight greasiness left behind but overall the absorption is good.

Longevity
I have consistently had protection even after spending up to five hours in the Texas sun without reapplying.

It works, even when sweating.

disappointed

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen SPF 70-100+:

I got this product for my summer Hawaiian tour thinking I would tan quickly there. To my dismay, it stayed right up on my skin - I mean no absorption! Its a super thick white cream and it kinda leave your skin with white residue which is ugly at times. This is something that you do not want from modern day sunscreens. On top of it, when gone in eyes after I was sweating, it really irritated me. It went directly into my waste bin after I came back from my trip. I understand it has 100SPF or so but i would rather go with 50-60SPF stuff that is mild and soft on my skin.