Other Body Lotions:

Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

This Aveeno lotion soothes even sensitive skin!

**Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion **is one of my favorite moisturizers of all time.  I am a mom to five kids; and, my whole family has varying skin sensitivities.  Over the years we have used numerous body moisturizers.  This **Aveeno **moisturizer works better than most we have tried.  This has been especially good during cold and flu season when we are constantly washing our hands around this place!  We also go through our fair share of hand sanitizer, which can really dry out our skin.  This winter, I have put a bottle of this lotion beside the sanitizer so we can moisturize after we sanitize.  It has really helped.  :)

My youngest daughter has super sensitive skin.  This moisturizer and many of the other Aveeno products are the only products she can use.  I am not brand loyal to many products.  Aveeno is one of the product lines my family and I are loyal to, though.  Aveeno contains many natural ingredients; and, I appreciate that.  It may cost a bit more than other brands; but, I am convinced it is well worth it.

If you are looking for a moisturizer that provides long lasting relief from dry or itchy skin, without being irritating, this **Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion **is probably what you need.  Give it a try.  I am pretty sure you will like it as much as we do!

Solid Lotion more Medicinal than Luxurious

Last year, I had systemic poison oak. I'll spare you the details, but just know that I had extreme itching and irritated skins all over my body-- including places that were no where near my initial contact with the poison oak plant! (That's what I get for doing my husband's laundry. He brought the poison oak in on his running socks!) The itching was powerful and I used every Aveeno product on the market to get some relief during the month-long allergic reaction, including this lotion. The Aveeno was a solid, workhorse lotion that provided some relief to my discomfort. As promised, no scent and a light touch. So maybe that's why I associate Aveeno with a medical situations. Loved it when i had an issue, but wouldn't use it everyday. Not indulgent enough for me.

No scent. Really. So if that's your thing, it would be a 5. But I like a little scent to perk me up after a shower.

Absorption
You have to work a little bit to get the lotion into the skin, but not too hard. It does seem to "disappear" after. I didn't really feel like it worked for 24 hours.

This lotion gets the job done- no frills but effective.

We are, without a doubt, an Aveeno Family!

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

Love this lotion! This is the first brand, EVER, that claims to be fragrance free and truly is! All other brands smell like glue to me, but this is truly unscented. It's thick without being overly thick, and it leaves my skin silky smooth without feeling greasy and gross all day. The only downside is the price, but after trying dozens and dozens of other kinds, I am willing to pay extra to have the lotions we love.

Truly unscented! I have wondered if their scented lotions are as good as the unscented; I may try some eventually.

Absorption
Doesn't leave a heavy, greasy residue on your skin and it absorbs fast.

No dry skin here! Only silky smoothness.

Not For Me

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

My experience with Aveeno was not a very good one. Since most people seem to really like it, I guess my skin is odd.
There were a few things that i did not like.
1. It was very heavy and went on my skin the very same way. My skin felt very heavy and weighed down and that is not a feeling that I like.
2. My skin felt oily after it was applied, and I did not feel that it did anything in the way of providing me with moisture or help against my dry skin.

There wasn't anything wrong with the scent, but then again it wasnt anything to enjoy either. You certainly should not expect the lotion to enhance the way that your skin feels.
I have dry skin and can say that this Aveeno only made matters worse. It is not a lotion that I would recommend.

There isn't really a scent.

Absorption
This lotion did not absorb well into my skin and I felt very oily or greasy after it was applied.

My skin was just as dry after using this as it was when I started using it.

• Absorption:

works well to keep my skin soft.

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

Every Aveeno product I ever used has worked really well for me. I don't have any problems with their lotions causing skin sensitivity or having smells that are too overpowering. One of the moisturizing lotions that I really like is the Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24 Hour Moisturizing Lotion. I typically put this lotion on at night, and I can definitely tell a difference by the morning. I also like that this is in a pump type bottle. It makes it easy to get lotion out, and I never had any problems with the pump becoming clogged.

This lotion soaks into your skin really well, and it doesn't make your skin oily at all. Typically right after I use the lotion, I start to feel a different in the roughness of my skin.

Absorption
This absorbs into your skin within seconds. It also does not leave any type of oiliness on your skin after you apply it.

I begin to see results almost immediately after I put this lotion on my skin.

• Absorption:

Long-lasting relief for dry, chapped skin

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

The combination of winter weather and a seasonal cold has left my skin feeling dry and flaky, especially around my nose and mouth. I grabbed a bottle of Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24 hr Moisturizing Lotion, in hopes that it would be gentle and not sting like some others I tried, and it was. Now, the area around my nose and mouth feels much less tight. plus my hands are less dry and chapped.

Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24 hr Moisturizing Lotion is not totally unscented, but it doesn't have any perfumes. Like oatmeal, it has a mild but hard-to-describe scent that doesn't linger after I put it on and rub it in.

Absorption
Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24 hr Moisturizing Lotion is quite thick, so it doesn't absorb immediately. After a bit of rubbing, though, it does sink in quite well, leaving my skin feeling moist but not greasy or heavy.

I don't have to reapply Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion, other than after washing my face or hands. Much to my relief, it has definitely reduced the chapping around my nose and mouth.

Not as good as Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

I just finished writing a review for Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion, which my husband uses every single day, and myself every once in a while (I am a bit of a lotion hoarder and like to use a bunch of different products at once) and I wanted to share my preference of that Aveeno product over Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24 Hour Moisturizing Lotion. We also tried that one, and luckily only bought one bottle. It turned out to be a bit of a disappointment for both my husband and I. What really bothered us the most was the thickness of it, the lotion simply did not feel like it was getting absorbed as fast as efficiently as for Aveeno's Daily moisturizing lotion. That made it quite unpleasant to apply, frankly. Something that we did notice was the list of ingredients in this product, which is about twice as long as for Aveeno's Daily moisturizer. Too many ingredients I knew nothing about, and I would rather stick to something simpler in its formula.

It has no scent so if that is what you are looking, you will be very happy with this product.

Absorption
Very disappointing level of absorption, it took forever to feel like I could finally put my clothes on without still feeling sticky.

I suppose this one is a bit hard to grade since we stopped using it after the first use. It is supposed to be a fantastic moisturizer for dry skin and for people who have skin problems, but we did not use it enough to be able to tell a difference. It did moisturize my skin when I used it that one time but it simply was too thick and greasy after application.

• Absorption:

I'm very impressed with this lotion.

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

I try lots of different types of lotions and this last a bought any, I decided to go with Aveeno. I am very happy that I did. I had the worst case of dry skin. It was itchy, flaky and it just felt horrible. I started using this lotion and it started getting so much better. I've used it for the past two weeks and my skin has already healed from the dry skin. Now it is just soft and smooth. Thank you Aveeno.

Love this!

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

Works wonderfully. I am very allergic to fragrance and aveeno is safe for me. This product is amazing. And what you need to know is that it works great on your hands and feet. This is a must to have in your bathroom use every single day after you dry off from your shower!
Funny story? My mother in law said, you have to try this lotion for your hands. I went to look and it was this Aveeno 24 hour lotion! Who would think we both would agree on this. We have opposite opinions on fragrance but we agree on this product.

Its great because there is no fragrance ! It will not over power anything you may use for fragrance. I do not think you need fragrance in a moisturizer. Too much to go wrong! I can break out from anything unnatural, this product has never given me a problem and does it job. I can not complain from.

Absorption
This does not just sit on your skin. It is absorbed and makes a difference. Highly suggest keeping a bottle where ever you wash your hands at home. Use after you wash your hands. Its great on hands!

Works ! Keep a bottle by the shower! Use after you dry off. Everyday it works and it great sensitive skin! I attest to that!

Love this moisturizer

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

My favorite daily moisturizer so far! I have been using Aneeno daily nourishing moisturizers for just under two years now and I love it. It has vitamins A, C, and E in it to help repair and strengthen skin along with SPF 30 and UVA/UVB protection in it too. Plus it is hypoallergenic! This stuff makes my skin soft and smooth even in the cold dry winters of the northern US. Does not cause redness or anything like that for me. I also use the Aveeno Smart Essentials night moisturizer too.

The scent does smell like the sun screen in it a bit but it is not as strong as just normal sun screen.

Absorption
I rub a pea sized amount on and it absorbs right away. No oily residue afterwards either because it is oil free which I love because of my skin!

My dermatologist recommended getting a moisturizer so I went out and bought this and the next time I went in she was pleased at how well my skin was moisturized! especially my nose which tends to be the driest.

Aveeno Active Naturals Quenches Skin's Thirst

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

With just a small squeeze, this fragrance-free lotion combats itchy, dry skin.

There is no scent, which is great for skin that reacts to fragrance. But for skin that doesn't, the scent is conspicuously absent.

Absorption
My skin drank this stuff like water on a hot day. And it's cold outside.

Very effective for the first few hours. Don't expect 24 though.

Works Well, But Not Pleasant Smell

Comments about Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief 24hr Moisturizing Lotion:

This lotion does a great job of relieving dryness and itchiness. I also love the ingredients, or rather the lack of ingredients. No chemicals, no big words, just a few simple, natural ingredients. But the smell? YUCK.

The scent is the worst thing about this product. It's terrible -- almost medicinal.