Other Misc. Styling Products:

Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother

Pros

Cons

Aveda Smooooooooth Infusion

Aveda aptly named its Smooth Infusions line of products.  The line includes a shampoo, a conditioner, and the product I review here:  the Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother.  I have tried all the products.  The two I continue to buy are the shampoo and the Style Prep Smoother.  I only use the shampoo once a week (I use a color-protecting shampoo on the other days), but I use the Style Prep Smoother every time I style.

After washing and conditioner in the shower, I allow my straight, color-treated hair to slightly air dry.  Then I use a volumizing product on the roots and blow those halfway dry.  Then, I apply the Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother.  It is a very light, almost fluffy serum type product.  I only have to use less than a pea-sized amount on my shoulder-length, layered, medium-textured hair.  This allows my volume product to work, while still controlling fly-aways from blow drying.

The scent of this product is typical to many of the Aveda products I have used:  a slightly eucalyptus, fresh scent.  The scent lingers, but is not strong--when I workout (and heat up) i catch a whiff of the pleasing scent.  This product works well and as expected.  It leaves my hair silky, but still stylable.  It also keeps my hair shiny, not dull.

helpful with most hair types

I was given a sample of Aveda's Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother because I have thick and slightly wavy hair. I wanted to try a styling product that isn't like hairspray or gel or mousse yet still works effectively in smoothing my hair on the days that I need it.

Aveda's Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother is good for times when you want a smooth and shiny hair style or when you just have "unmanageable hair". My hair is pretty manageable so I'm not sure how well it will work on frizzy-like hair, but it did make my hair quite smooth and soft. It also gave my hair a nice sheen and it was softer to the touch. The Smooth Infusion also has a great scent so my hair smelled fresh and citrusy.

Aveda's Smooth Infusion Style Prep is a bit costly, like most Aveda's products, but their products are quite effective and would work for most people.

I would recommend this product if you have hair that needs to be tamed, smoothed, and shined, but I gave it a three star because I only received a small amount to try so not sure how well it'll work continuosly

For straight hair, this does nothing!

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother is supposed to make hair shinier and smoother, but does nothing for my hair. At a local Aveda store, a stylist recommended it when I said that I wanted my fine, stick-straight hair to have no fly-aways and to have that smooth, shiny, polished look. The stylist stated that it helps give a smooth blow-out even when its humid outside.

The problem-as far as I can tell the Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother does nothing. I honestly notice no change in my hair when I use it. It doesn't look shinier or smoother-it looks exactly the same. It's not softer either. It doesn't appear to weigh down my hair or leave my hair flat though.

I also found out that Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother does not protect your hair against heat damage caused by thermal products. I was surprised by this-this means I need to use another product when blow-drying.

Overall, this product just does nothing. If you have straight hair, stay away.

Aveda Smooth Infusion

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

Let me tell you something. I have frizzy, I mean FRIZZY hair. Smooth Infusion by Aveda works great. It makes my hair look normal. It honestly doesn't get rid of all of the flyaways, but it's so light weight and non greasy, that I'm extremely happy with these results. I use a small amount after washing and conditioning my hair. I smooth it through, starting with the tips (like I've seen my stylist doing), and ending with the top closer to the crown. I love the shine this product achieves, and the smell, like all Aveda products, is wonderful. I just wish that it was a little less expensive. Another thing I love about Aveda products is the fact there are no harsh chemicals, and they contribute to many worthy, charitable causes. I'm almost out, so I've just turned the bottle upside down to get all of the little bits. I need to head to my salon and purchase another. Please, feel free to purchase this product and get what is advertised!

Aveda Smooth Infusion - Great for Frizz

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

My stylist talked me into buying Aveda's Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother one day at the salon. Don't you just love it when that happens? After a few uses at home, I was so glad that she did though. This product is pricey, but it lasts a while and does an amazing job on your hair.

My hair tends to frizz (especially during muggy southern summers) and have a lot of fly away strands. This prep smoother from Aveda helps to calm all of that craziness down, which makes it one of my favorite hair products.

Like most of their products, it has that wonderful, fresh Aveda scent. It is very quick and easy to apply to your hair, which I always do before drying and styling it. First, I run water over my hands and then put the products on my hands (like you would lotion). Then I run my hands it through my hair. Since I have really long hair, this helps me to apply it evenly from the roots to the tips.

I love this product for keeping my hair looking sleek, instead of frazzled.

Fantastic!!!

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

I love this product. It keeps my hair smooth without making it crusty. And living in Florida makes it hard to keep my hair non-frizzy, but this product helps! Go sparingly, though, or it turns into too much. I have very thick hair and it's hard to find stuff that helps me, but this does!

Great product, smells wonderful and smooths hair

from Twin Falls, ID

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

Aveda products are the best. This has a great smell, helps control flyaways and really keeps your hair smooth and sleek for two or three days if not washed. The only thing that I don't like is that the price is too high for a shampoo. These products are high quality and will help anyone that may have problems with uncontrollable hair.

The smooth infusion smoother works the best

from Harvard Il

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

Out of the whole line of smooth infusion by Aveda I believe that the style-prep smoother worked the best. I used a small amount after washing and conditioning my hair. I smoothed it through from roots to tips on my damp hair and then styled as usual. When my hair completely dries it is soft to the touch and very manageable. No tangles, knots or frizz just a smooth,soft finish. I love the scent very citrusy and clean smelling. I had hoped that the whole line of smooth infusion products would be way above average but to my disappointment it fell flat. The smoother was an A+ for my fight against the frizz and am happy that something out of the line actually made me happy to use it. I probably will never actually buy these products because they are way out of my price range, but I will recommend them to others to try for themselves to see if they work better for them than they did for me. Everyone's hair types are different, what works for you might not work for me.

aveda smoother is my new favorite product

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

I have wavy hair - that I frequently blow our or flat iron and the aveda smooth infusion smoother has become my favorite hair product. I also use the aveda smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner, and after my shower I let my hair air dry for 10-20 minutes then put in the smoother and comb through before blow drying and flat ironing. I have used many, many smoothers and this one actually works! It gets my hair smooth and makes it shiney. I especially like that is has no harmful chemicals in it, and uses all natural ingredients and is good for the planet and my hair. It is expensive to buy - but it lasts a very, very long time! I have medium length hair and I only have to use a little more than a pea sized amount. I have had one bottle that I have been using for a year and I still have a little left - so it's worth the money and you would spend more getting a less quality product and having to buy more frequently.

Aveda is worth the extra money for fighting frizz

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

I recently purchased this product when Aveda stopped making my daily go to smoother called Hang Straight.  I beleive this product is exactly the same thing under a new name.  I loved the Hang Straight Smoother, so it is not surprise that I also love the new Smooth Infustion Smoother.

I have thick, long, wavy hair that is a mess to deal with after shampooing and conditioning.  The smooth infusion takes the tangles out so I can get a comb through my wet hair and style it much easier.  It takes a very small amount of product to make a real difference in the texture of my hair.  The product leaves my hair softer and smoother, without making it greasy or weighing it down.

I have tried cheaper drug store brands and have always come back to the Aveda product.  I notice a real difference in my hair and get more compliments when using the Aveda products.  I also love the way they smell and my husband always notices the nice smell too.

helpful with most hair types

from Yorba Linda, CA

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

My favorite hair care product!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother:

This is definitely my favorite hair care product. It smells lovely and it's the perfect weight for smoothing a few frizzy hairs without weighing your hair down, feeling sticky or hard like some hair sprays.

I put it in my hair while it is wet or slightly damp, or dry, any way is fine, and you wouldn't even know I've got product in my hair. I really mean it. I love this stuff!