Other Shampoos:

Pros

Cons

A Cure!

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

My scalp was always very sensitive and it took me quite a bit of time to find a shampoo that could relieve the dryness and irritation. When I started using this I was relieved within days. My scalp is so much healthier when I'm using this shampoo and it's tough to complain about the price when it works as well as it does for me and it smells so darn good!

great shampoo

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

After using aveda rosemary mint shampoo and rosemary mint conditioner exclusively for over a year I found that my scalp was getting rather dry and a little flakey. It was a problem. I visited my local aveda experience salon for some advice and the salon specialist suggested I try the scalp benefits shampoo and conditioner. I have been using scalp benefits shampoo and scalp benefits conditioner almost exclusively for over a year now. I occasionally use rosemary mint shampoo and rosemary mint conditioner because I still love the scent more than any other scents out there. By simply using rosemary mint occasionally and scalp benefits all other times, my scalp is in great health again. I also notice less damage to my ends.

I have had great results using both the scalp benefits shampoo and the scalp benefits conditioner.

I love the aveda scent. It's light and smells great without being overpowering. It is perfect.

Great Scalp Treatment Shampoo

from Campobello, SC

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

I love the Aveda Scalp Benefit Shampoo. I always keep this product on hand. My scalp tends to dry out due to chemical color processing, daily blow dry and heated curling. I usually use another Aveda shampoo on a daily basis. Several times a month my scalp will become dry and itchy. I always use the Aveda scalp benefit shampoo at that time. I always get instant relief from the dryness and itching. I love the fragrance of the scalp benefits. The fragrance is fresh , natural and not overpowering. The shampoo does not add excess moisture that would weigh down my hair. My hair is very straight and some shampoos weigh it down. I highly recommend this product if you have dry, itching, flaky salp.

This product provides very good results for my dry itchy scalp. The product is not over moisturizing.

I love the scent of the Aveda Scalp Benefits Shampoo. It is a calming, earthy, natural fragrance. The scent is not over powering which is important to me since I have migraines.

great for dry scalp

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

In the winter my scalp tends to feel tight and sometimes itchy. I was referred to this product by a friend who tried this on her sunburned scalp and said it helped her out.

I couldn't find this at the grocery store and had to go to a salon, it is kind of pricey. The lady at the salon stressed the importance of "massaging it into your scalp" and letting it sit and penetrate for a few minutes. She also encouraged me to do this twice and wait every other day before shampooing again, especially in the winter time.

I followed the directions and noticed the little bumps on my hairline disappeared after a week and my scalp felt less itchy.

I mainly use this shampoo in the winter because it is a little pricey and it does smell a little herbal (my sister says it smells like pepper and wood) and the smell seems to overpower any conditioner that I try. I do keep a bottle of this in the shower all the time though, I use it especially when I'm sweaty or I want to really clean my scalp (maybe once a month?) .

Amazing Results

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

I love everything about this shampoo. First off it smells wonderful. It lathers really well. I don't need to use a lot to get my hair clean (And I have a TON of hair.) I don't feel like it leaves a residue behind. And with the conditioner my hair is healthier and softer than it's been in years. But the biggest benefit I've seen is that even after only using it a handful of times it's cut down drastically on how oily my hair is. If I could give this a 6 I would - I love it that much.

Average shampoo, maybe not worth the price

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

I'm a big fan of Aveda products and their all-natural stance and ingredients. This shampoo though is a little too basic and is probably too expensive for what it offers. A supermarket brand that offers some of the same features might be a better choice for those on a budget. This shampoo does have some healing and calming effects, but it's not as specialized as other Aveda products that target a specific area, like keeping hair color in. For that reason, this all-around shampoo is just OK. If you're going to pay salon prices, find something that fits your needs more specifically. Overall, this shampoo is just fine, and has a great smell and excellent cleaning properties. But there's probably better for your money out there.

Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo is just ok

from Vista, CA

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

I bought this Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo because it received an excellent rating, and I was sick of my flaky, dry and itchy scalp. The other products I was using did not seem to give me any relief, and I know a lot of people who rave about all of the Aveda products, so I thought I would give this product a shot.

I bought this product along with Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Conditioner and Scalp Remedy Dandruff Solution directly from the Aveda website. I have used all of the products for about a few weeks now, and am not totally sold on them. The Shampoo and Conditioner both have a light scent that is nice, but they seem to make my sclap itch more than normal. The website said that they are for daily use, but I cannot stand to use it one more day. I have had to switch these products every few days, using different products in between uses.

Pros: This product does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It makes my hair feel very clean after shampooing. It has a light, fresh scent. You only need to use a little bit because it massages into the hair really well.

Cons: This product made my scalp dry and itchy. It made my dandruff worse. Aveda products are rather expensive.

Cleared my mom's psoriasis!

from Clare, MI

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

I have used this shampoo and conditioner combo for awhile because I have an oily/itchy/sometimes dry scalp... I recommended it to my mom and she uses it too now because she has psoriasis on her scalp, which causes her a lot of distress. A month later, I was cutting her hair and noticed that about 90% (if not more) of the psoriasis irritations had vacated her scalp. I was kind of shocked because I never knew it would work that well because I had only used it for myself and never used it on guests.

This is an Aveda product I now stand 100% behind because I feel that it can cure/alleviate MANY problems, plus I love the herbal scents of it! :-) I also recommend getting this if you have irritations during the winter months because of the dryness of the air. You will see a difference in your hair in a matter of days and will be much happier about not having to wash it as much if you have an oily scalp like I do!

Great for Oily Scalps

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

**Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo **is designed to make hair healthy again by making the scalp healthy again. By mkaing hair healthy, this formula is not designed for dry or damaged hair but mostly for those who have oily scalps, scalp problems, itchy scalps, or flakes.  The formula is designed to :• clean down to the root

• remove excess sebum and buildup

• creates the ideal foundation for healthy hair

My scalp is oily but I don't have dandruff or an itchy scalp. This shampoo effectively cleanses the hair without leaving the rest of the hair too dry or too "squeaky" clean.  I recommend it as a good shampoo for oily or normal hair but think it would be drying for those with dry hair.

Finally a Solution to an Embarrassing Problem

from Austin, TX

Comments about Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo:

I always dread the changing of the seasons because of a very embarrassing dandruff problem.  I have to completely change my wardrobe styles because I could not get a handle on the flakes and itchy scalp.  I like to let my hair down for work, but I had to start wearing an up-do because otherwise, it was a nightmare.  I was so embarrassed.  Thankfully, a friend of mine confided with me that this is her go to product.  She initially found out about this through her stylist and then told me how great it was working for her.  I was initially skeptical because I have literally tried every single dandruff product on the shelves at my pharmacy and grocery store.  She gifted me a bottle and after just a few tries, I can already tell the difference.  In fact, after the very first initial treatment, I could tell that my scalp was not itchy at all! I am so grateful to my friend for letting me find this product!! Go and buy it! I know I will once this bottle runs out.