Other Shampoos:

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Smells invigorating!

The last time my husband and I stayed in a 4 star hotel, we were treated to Aveda products in our bathroom.  And a treat it was!  I found myself putting away the small sample sized shampoo so that housekeeping would give me a new bottle every day (after all, I do pay for that service in my high room rates!).

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo is a pleasure to use.  The front of the bottle reads "The art and science of pure flower and plant essences".  The back reads "A daily shampoo to awaken the senses".

This is a medium thick shampoo, with an extremely pale green color.  Just taking off the cap allows me to smell the invigorating scent of rosemary, which I feel is more noticeable than the smell of mint. This shampoo can be used on all types of hair, even fine hair like mine.  It seems quite concentrated, only a small amount rubbed between my hands produces a lot of suds on my head.

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo cleans exceptionally well, and rises out easily, leaving my hair feeling clean but not stripped of its natural oils.  It also seems to help to control static electricity, which I suffer with during the dry winter months in Alaska.

There is nothing to dislike about this shampoo, but I would buy it alone for the great, eye opening scent, which also helps relieve nasal congestion.  This is a great shampoo, with some very nice botanical ingredients.  I also have the matching conditioner, which is really nice since I love the smell so much, as it smells the exact same way.  A winning product in my recommendation.

Nice smell, but more harsh then I thought it would be

I have used shampoos from Aveda: Color Conserve, Clove, and Rosemary Mint. I really just got the Rosemary Mint because of how I love the minty smell and how it makes your scalp all tingly. Once I started using it, though, I started to realize it was really stripping the oils off of my hair. It was doing it as much as really cheap shampoos like Suave would do to me. I use the Aveda [Rosemary Mint conditioner][1] which does put some of the moisture back (and has its drawbacks as well). Unfortunately, I bought quite a lot of it. Aveda usually has great hair care products and this is supposed to be an every day basic care shampoo. The other two shampoos I used left my hair feeling clean and not completely dried out and stripped.

I don't think this shampoo is up to the standards that I have for Aveda products. I would not purchase Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo again.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Aveda-Rosemary-Mint-conditioner-review-c54b6

Smells So Good But...

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

This shampoo is one of my favorites for smells, but it does a number on my hair. I'm not sure what hair type is best suited for this, but I have long, wavy to straight, thick hair with fine strands. It dried out my hair and made it frizzy. Definitely not worth the price. If you love the smell, go for the lotion or something else from this line.

A decent shampoo

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

I started using aveda rosemary mint shampoo a few years ago. I used it exclusively for over a year. I started noticing I was getting a dry scalp. I visited my local aveda experience store and spoke with a specialist there. The specialist at the store informed me that rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner when used exclusively can cause a dry scalp. This led to the suggestion that I buy and use scalp benefits shampoo and conditioner. Although it is more expensive per bottle, I have seen great results with it. I have found that mixing both the rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner some days with scalp benefits shampoo and conditioner other days has good results for my scalp.

Like I said before, it dries my scalp out if used exclusively.

I love the scent of rosemary mint. It is fresh and clean and leaves me feeling energized in the shower. The scent is my favorite part about this shampoo.

Daily Go To Shampoo

from Campobello, SC

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

I absolutely love Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo! I use this shampoo on a daily basis. I have been using it for five years. I never feel build up from this product and never feel like I need to make a change. There is no heavy weighed down feel after shampooing with this. I feel that I get a good fresh clean with this product. The product is not over drying and not over moisturizing. It is just right for me! The fragrance is very pleasant. I love Avedas fresh , natural fragrance. Match this product with the Rosemary Mint Conditioner and you have a perfect match.

The Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo is very effective in giving a nice clean feeling. The shampoo is not over moisturizing nor is is over drying. It provides the perfect clean for my chemically processed hair.

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo is my favorite Aveda scent. I love the fresh, clean scent. It is invigorating in the mornings.

amazing scent but sometimes dries hair

from Durham, NC

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

I have tried lots and lots of shampoos, and this one is my absolute favorite! I first tried it about ten years ago. Over the years I have tried others, but I always seem to come back to this one! The scent is absolutely amazing, and it makes my shower feel like a spa when I use this. To be perfectly honest, the scent is why I keep coming back to it. I also really like that this shampoo, like all Aveda products, doesn't contain harsh ingredients or man-made chemicals that I can't even pronounce. I have very fine hair, and the majority of the time this shampoo works really well for me. It leaves my hair really clean and gives it some volume. The only problem is that this shampoo can sometimes make my hair too dry if I shampoo it every day or if my hair is already dry and damaged due to the weather or too much styling damage. For this reason, if your hair is dry, this might not be a good daily shampoo for you. If you love the scent as much as I do, they also make a body lotion and a body wash!

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo delivers an Invigorating Clean

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo was the first Aveda product I ever used.  (In fact it was one of the items in the original product line.)  And it is still one of my favorites from Aveda 20 years later.  Rosemary Mint is an excellent general use shampoo. If you hair is fundamentally healthy, it will work well for you.  If your hair is at all oily, it is just the most excellent choice for you.  My teenage neices swear by it, ever since their Tante gave them bottles in their Christmas stockings a couple years ago.  They went from always upset with their oily hair, to no more problems with oiliness anymore.  (Wish it had been around when I was a teen.)  If you have been in excercise class and have sweaty hair, keep a bottle in your gym bag!  The mint in the formula will get your scalp tingling, and the product will wash away sticky mess that sweaty styling products become after a good work out.  And for a treat on a truly hot and humid summer day, hop in the shower with a bottle of Rosemary Mint.  Once you have shampooed your hair, apply some to a loofah and scrub down all of yourself.  You will leave the shower clean, invigorated, and feeling much cooler than when you went in.  It may not be the recommended use for this product, but it is a good use - especially in the dog days of August.

great shampoo

from Calera, AL

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo has been a favorite of mine for about 7 years now.  I started using it because my hairdresser recommended a shampoo with rosemary as the main ingredient due to product buildup in my hair and on my scalp.  The shampoo has really helped cleanse my hair, but it mostly helps to rinse away the residue left in my hair by other hair care products. An added bonus is that it leaves my hair with lots of added volume. My roots are automatically lifted after I shampoo.  So whenever I start to get dandruff, I use my aveda shampoo and it seems to clear it right up.  I alternate this shampoo with my other shampoos.  It really works great for me and my hair!

The only negative aspect of the shampoo is that I notice when I use it one day, and then the next day I might try to skip washing my hair, it seems as though my hair gets oilier quicker than if I had used another brand shampoo.

I love my Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo

from Cayce, SC

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

I have been using Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo for years.  I love the smell.  I love how it makes my scalp feel all tingly and alive when I use it.  I have to get up really early and have an hour drive in to work, so I am half asleep getting going in the morning.  That is, until I get in the shower and use this awesome shampoo.

I first discovered the Rosemary Mint shampoo when we stayed at a hotel in Atlanta.  After that i just get a full bottle!

My husband even likes it, he says it's not too girly, and it isn't.  It's got a nice minty scent to it.  And it seriously wakes you up.  Not just because of the super cool tingly sensation on my scalp.  It really makes the whole shower smell nice and refreshing!

As far as how it works as a shampoo?  It does the job.  It lathers well enough.  I would probably buy it even if it was a dud as far as a shampoo though.  It just really makes my shower a pleasure!

Aveda Rosemary Mint is a treat for your hair!

from Montgomery, AL

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

I love Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo and buy it whenever I can.  It smells delish and gives you a nice aromatherapy session right there in your shower.  It washes hair well and leaves a clean shine.  Makes your hair smell nice afterwards too.  It doesn't lather as much I like and is way too expensive for what it is.  But I do recommend it.  I gave the shampoo and conditioner as a gift to my elderly grandmother - practical and luxurious at the same time.  She loved it.

Aveda Rosemary Mint-y goodness!

from Hickory Hills, IL

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

When I look for a shampoo, I try to find one that leaves my hair clean and light, but it not made from chemicals that are toxic.  Aveda always makes great shampoo and the Rosemary Mint scent is one of its best.  I have to say that the it is much more Mint than Rosemary, however.  But no complains here!  The mint smell is invigorating and it leaves my scalp feeling cool and tingling.  The ingredients are natural and hypoallergenic.  The price is a little steep but a little goes a long way.  Also, if you are like me and you do not live near an Aveda store, you will have to resort to buying your shampoo online.  You do not have to use too much in order to get a nice clean.  The shampoo is extremely stripping ( your hair will come out squeeky clean).  I do not recommend this shampoo for those who have dry hair.  It will make your hair frizzy, but if you use the conditioner right afterwards, the frizz can be controlled.  This shampoo is good for oily hair.

Aveda Rosemary Mint is pricey, but an excellent daily shampoo

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo:

I get my hair cut at an Aveda salon and my hair dresser recommended I try the rosemary mint shampure for my normal everyday hair washing routine.  She said because my hair is normal, this Aveda shampoo would be the best.  She also recommended this shampoo because I wash my hair several times a week, and she said this shampoo is recommended for clients that wash their hair often because it will not strip the hair of moisture like other shampoos might.  I love the scent and like that the shampoo does not get sudsy and leaves no residue at all on my hair.  My husband also commented how much he liked the smell of my hair, which he usually would not notice.

I felt the Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampure did a great job washing my hair, but did not do a better job than other drug store brands I typically use.  I could not justify the expense for the Aveda product when far less expensive products work just as well.  If you have the money to spend, however, the Aveda is an excellent product.