4.1

Pros

Cons

The best shampoo

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

This shampoo is the best shampoo on the market. It leaves my hair feeling full of body. It also makes it extremely soft and clean. It is great for long fine hair or short fine hair. The scent is wonderful too. Kind if makes you feel relaxed as you use it. I would recommend this product to everyone.

Does Volumize, But Dries Out Hair

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

First of all, this is the best-smelling shampoo I have ever used. It smells so minty and wonderful and clean and natural and beautiful, which is why I was drawn to it. In addition, Aveda uses all natural ingredients and doesn't test on animals, which I find important. Second, this shampoo does really volumize as promised: my fine hair was beautiful and thick and bouncy, and I was really impressed. The only thing that really bothered me was that my hair was really dried out after using it for about a month (with the conditioner). I had to use a moisturizing treatment during the day to keep my hair from drying and being brittle! Perhaps it is just the wrong shampoo for my hair. If it were more moisturizing, it would be the perfect shampoo! It is really safe for color-treated hair, even though it doesn't advertise that - my hair color was just as vibrant as it was when I first got it dyed, even though I had been outside in the sun!

Not what I expected

from Madison, AL

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

When I received a postcard for Aveda that said come on in, it's your Birthday, I expected more from the Shampoo I received at the salon's recommendation. I tried it more than just a few times. My hair went flat, and in 2 days I had to rewash. I usually don't have that luck. I have shorter hair and shouldn't had to have to had gone through this. I re washed and my hair did look better but not the best. Over 10 times or more and it finally had the "Great" look to it. I wanted "Volume" and asked the solonist for just that type of shampoo. This is the one they handed me. It's a shame when a shampoo can't be used just a few times go to another one and that is it. Then your hair is flat. That is ridiculous. Especially when they charge "normally" 15. for this shampoo. Seriously, that is outrageous. I do like that Aveda does give back to the community. The smell of the shampoo is nice. Those are the only pros I have.

Didn't do a thing for my hair.

Great scent.

Aveda Pure Abundance Shampoo is absolutely fantastic

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

I could sing my praises for Aveda Pure Abundance Shampoo from the mountain tops and it would still not express how much I love this shampoo. I was turned onto Aveda Pure Abundance Shampoo at an Aveda salon a few years ago, after using their (cheaper) Rosemary Mint shampoo and despite being about twice as much as the Rosemary Mint shampoo, it is worth every penny.

I have, as my Aveda stylist would say, lots of very, very baby-fine hair. This shampoo gives me the volume I never thought possible, especially when paired with the Aveda Pure Abundance Clay Conditioner. The shampoo has transformed my morning routine from trying in vain to use as many products as possible to try to not resort to pulling my hair back into a ponytail, but when I wash and condition with Aveda Pure Abundance, a quick dry with the hair dryer leaves me with volume that lasts for hours, without having to weigh it down with product.

The smell is delicious, I love that Aveda as a company does not test on animals, I love that the bottles are all Number 2 recycle, and most importantly, I LOVE THE WAY IT WORKS!! I bring this with me even on an overnight trip, just so I don't have to go back to my flat old hair. While it is expensive, I've found that the larger bottle of shampoo can last me almost six months, and that is with washing my hair at least once a day, so while the upfront cost is a little steep, the amount of money I've saved on various products and time, makes this worth every penny.

awesoooome shampoo

from Gaffney, SC

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

**i love this aveda pure abundance shampoo.  it is safe for color treated hair.  it smells absolutely wonderful- clean, fresh, uplighting, refreshing, spa like, minty, organic, natural, invigorating, and i could go on and on about the smell.  wow aveda stuff smells good!  this shampoo is amazing quality!  it cleans the hair without weighing it down or drying it out.  i know aveda stuff is a little bit more expensive than im used to spending on hair care but its worth every penny i promise you that.  it lasts a long time.  it smells fabulous.  it exceeds it ecpectations and then some.  you can feel the shampoo cleansing your hair and scalp.  it lathers up so thick and creamy and rich.  it leaves my hair shiny and full and smooth and soft.  i feel so refreshed after using aveda pure abundance shampoo.  its such a natural product .  you will feel so clean and pure and your hair will look so full and shiny and soft and healthy.  **

pure and natural

from Eaton, OH

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

Got a coupon from Aveda for a free sample of shampoo and conditioner.  I went to the salon to get my mini samples of color conserve shampoo, while I waited on the counter girl to get my samples, I looked around.

I asked a question about a shampoo for thin, fine hair and the counter girl got the manager. She came over and reviewed a few shampoos with me, felt the texture of my hair and recommended the Pure Abundance.  I asked the price and internally said, "Ouch".   My displeasure with the price must have registered on my face as the girl then told me, unlike other shampoos you only need a little.  She asked how much I normally use and I said quarter size, she said, "Do NOT use over a dime size of this, or you will not be happy".  She said that Aveda costs more, but you use less due to the quality of the ingredients in their products.

She was right. Only a dime size does the job. Very pleasant smell, good cleaning, full bodied hair.  I cannot ask for much more.  I normally don't buy cheap shampoos, but I usually don't pay this much for them either, but for as long as it will last me, it is well worth the price. I hope I continue to love it months down the road.

I like it , but it is expensive

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

I got the Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing shampoo in travel size after visiting an Aveda Institiute to get my hair cut. My hairstylist used this on me as part of my 'treatment' for the day along with the conditioner,  volumizing tonic and styling foam. I absolutely loved the way that it smelled when she used it on me. It is a very invigorating scent and smells like Jasmine and peppermint. I really like it because it is not your typical fruity smell, but at the same time doesn't smell like a mens product. I especially love the earthy quality of the smell. It a nutshell, it still makes me feel feminine without smelling like a mango- which i loved in high school and college, but now seems a little juvenile. Another benefit is that you also do not need to use huge amounts of this shampoo at one time to get the job done-which is great because it is pretty pricey. I have pretty long hair and i used maybe a 1/4 to 1/3 the amound i normally use when washing my hair with basic products.  However, while i do think that it added volumn, i am unconvinced that it did a better job then other shampoos that cost a fraction of the price. And like i said, it is pretty pricey. I may buy it in the future if i can find a good deal on it, but i'm not completly convinced that it is a good purchase from an economic perpective.

Pure Abundance is a great shampoo for hair that needs extra body

from Fortville, IN

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance:

I love using most Aveda hair and skin products.  Pure Abundance is particularly great because it works wonders on thin or fine hair that may need a boost of extra body.  It will not weigh fine hair down.  I almost always use the conditioner that goes along with a shampoo.  In this case Pure Abundance shampoo has a coordinating conditioner as well.  The combination of the two products will result in beautiful hair that is full, shiny and easy to manage.  My hair is colored and I find that it protects my color as well as any product designed to protect color.   All Aveda products are created using natural botanicals and have a nice, but not over powering, smell.