3.3

3.3

Sticky but effective

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion:

I have fine hair and am always looking for easy-to-use products and styling techniques to give me more lift at the roots. I tend to use Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion on day-old or two-day-old hair that I plan on washing that night. The product gets quite sticky and turns into a kind of dry paste when you rub it between your fingers. If you pour it from the small bottle directly onto your head it is a challenge to get it just on the hair shaft and not all over the scalp and you can end up using a lot more than you need. It takes longer to shake it into my palm or onto my fingertips first but this way gives me more control and I waste less. Also it is not designed for use on wet hair, your hair really needs to be 90-100% dry first. I don't use it when I am in a hurry, which is the case more often than not, so this product sits unused a lot of the time. If I had short hair I could see using this product more.

Aveda Pure Abundance good but pricey

from Winchester, VA

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion:

I purchased Aveda Pure Abudance Hair Potion a little over a year ago and use it only once or twice per week when I want my hair to have extra volume. It does work well. Only a small amount sprinkled at the root is necessary to provide a little extra volume at the roots. I think that it is pricey but it has lasted quite some time as I bought it over a year ago. Another con is that it does seem to make my hair a little more oily if I use it. I tend to only use this product when going out or when I am really trying to give my hair an extra "bump". I do not use it on a daily basis. My hair is relatively thick anyways and I don't have typically oily hair so this produce may not be good for the person who has really oily hair at the end of the day anyways. I would recommend this product to someone who has drier hair and would like some extra volume for those special occasions. I think that it can be good for going out and giving long hair that extra "oomph".

Not for oily hair

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion:

There are so many volumizing hair care products from spray, shampoo,  mousse etc. This Aveda product is very interesting - it is powder. Unfortunately, I am not going to buy this one again. This powder transformed into liquid as I applied it to my hair roots. I hate to say this, but it made my hair look oily and feel sticky (believe me, I only used a little bit of this powder as directed). I did not like my hair smell afterwards either, and my scalp was itchy next day. It seemed to add some body, but more importantly, after a few hours it was hard to tell any significance difference in terms of volume. I know Aveda products are expensive, but I would not mind if it works effectively. But this one did not convince me....