Other Hair Conditioners:
Aveda
Aveda Black Malva Conditioner

Aveda Black Malva Conditioner

Great product...if you can afford it.

I started using this conditioner back when I was in Cosmetology school.  We only used Aveda products and I have to say that this particular condition is one that stood out in my mind.  I have naturally dark hair and conditioning is absolutely necessary everytime I shampoo my hair.  If you have ever used any Aveda products, you know that they have a very distict scent to them.  Some people absolutely love the scent and some people are completely turned off by it.  I just happen to be one of those people who really like the way their products smell.  The Black Malva has a very earthy-clean scent.  It's a little bit pricier than most other hair conditioners that you find at your local drugstore but I found that if you use this product once or twice a week and another less expessive one the rest of the days, you still get pretty good results.  Sometimes I'll even leave Black Malva in my hair with a cap on after I get out of the shower and do a mini conditioning treatment with it.  I'm not sure if it's really a requirement that only darker haired people use this product since it doesnt' seem to affect my highlights at all.  Overall, very good product if you have a little bit extra to spend.

AVEDA Black Malva Conditioner smells great, but could be better.

AVEDA Black Malva Conditioner 8.5oz Conditioner Unisex is a great-smelling conditioner, but is not the best hair conditioner in my opinion. I have dry, curly hair and this conditioner seemed to actually dry out my hair even further. Or at least not help it at all.

Maybe if you don't really need to condition your hair, and just need a rinse or a detanger, this would be a good product for you. However, would you really pay this much for that? I think not. It's a pretty expensive product, and I've had better luck with something less expensive like TresSemme.

I've had pretty good luck with other Aveda hair products, but haven't tried a conditioner before. I just love them for the smell! Maybe I'll stick with the Aveda finishing & styling products.

If your hair is especially dry and truly needs a conditioner I would recommend staying away from AVEDA Black Malva Conditioner and trying something else.

Aveda black malva conditioner smells really good...

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

I love Aveda products in general because they smell outstanding....however when I had black hair I used the Black Malva and it worked great to keep the color dark, soft and shiny.  The only downfall is that is is super expensive and the black dye gets all over your hands and the shower and it can be pretty messy.  I am not sure the price and the mess and worth buying this product although anything from Aveda is expensive so if you are willing to pay more money for hair products then you should purchase this one but just beware of the potential mess with the dark dye that is in it.  It is color depositing conditioner that is why the dye is so dark and gets on your hands and the shower.  You need to rinse it off everything right away so it doesn't stain.  Overall I love Aveda products because they all organic and use natural ingredients so they are good for keeping moisture in your hair and softness.

Aveena is one of the best hair products ever!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

Aveena is a great hair care product that leaves your hair feeling good and healthy. I love how the conditioner leaves my hair shiny and bouncy. It dosen't feel greasy after I use it and my hair feels nice,soft and clean. My hair looks and feels great every time I finsh using the conditioner and it gives my hair a silky feel.

pretty good conditioner

from Houston, TX

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

LIke other Aveda product, this conditioner has a great, earthy, rejuvinating smell. I put it on after shampooing and leave it in for a few minutes and then wash it on. Most people use aveda shampoo and conditioner together or believe that they have to use the same brand or line of shampoo and conditioner for it to work, but I decided to use a regular cheap drug store shampoo with this conditioner and it still works great! The shampoo is just for washing your hair and cleansing your scalp anyway. The real work is done by the conditioner. This one keeps my hair moist, soft, and feeling healthy until the next wash. I usually suffer from dry or frizzy hair and this conditioner alleviates that problem right away. The only draw back is that it can get a little pricy, but you can ofset that cost by using a different brand or cheaper brand of shampoo. Overall I think this is a great product and I recommend it.

Aveda Black Malva Conditioner is pricey, but wonderful!

from Paris, MI

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

I've used just one bottle of Aveda Black Malva Conditioner on the recommendation of my stylist, and I absolutely loved using it! You can always expect high quality from Aveda products! However, it is a bit more pricey compared to other similar conditioners, even though I used the conditioner only twice a week or so. The bottle lasted me about a month. I absolutely loved how rich and beautiful Black Malva made my hair color and highlights look, and how it made my hair feel soft and tangle free. The conditioner also left my hair silky and shiny, and I always got lots of compliments on how my hair looked! The conditioner smelled very pleasing, also. My only problem with the conditioner was trying to leave it on for 10 minutes in the shower. I was never sure exactly how long I left it on my hair. However, the results were always fabulous!

I would most definitely buy it again, but not regularly, because of how much it costs.

Aveda Black MAlva perfect for dark hair

from Union, KY

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

I just found out about this conditioner from Aveda not very long ago i got an email about, it's made specially for dark hair.All dark shades of hair it enriches with a cool dark tone, intensive conditioner formula, rejuvenates and refreshes color leaving your hair looks its best ever.  Also another great thing about this conditioner is that it leaves your hair shiny and silky. Its almost like renewing your hair giving it the best treatment, to make it look its healthest ever.Now the price is a little costly than what you would normally spend. I would definitly spend whats its price is. you can probaly even get a coupon to take a few off the price. but if you have any kind of dark shaded hair this is perfect for you. I have dark brown hair with different shsdes an i would definitly spend every dime that its worth. because You hair is them most important thing to a women beside what there wearing. Aveda garantees that it will refresh your hair, making it look its best that it has ever looked

Great product...if you can afford it.

from Sicklerville, NJ

Avedas a great conditioner

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

Aveda conditioner is a conditioner I tried when i ran out of my sunsilk, and could not find it at hte store. I was pleasntly suprised, as the fragarence and texture of the conditioner, was very pleasant. it was not too thick and gave my hair a nice healthy boost!

Enriches Color and condition of hair

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

Aveda Black Malva Conditioner is worth a the little extra money. It enriches darker hair types bringing out thecolor and highlights of the hair. Its smell is wonderful and it rich formula makes a little go along way. This condtioner rinses off easily not leaving hair greasy. It will leave your hair feeling soft and manageable

Aveda Black Malva Conditioner works great!

from Lake Mills, WI

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

Aveda Black Malva Conditioner 8.5 ounce is an intensive conditioner that leaves my hair soft and shiny and easy to work with. I love the natural ingredients that Aveda uses in all of their products. Their products always have a nice natural scent to them as well. This conditioner came highly recommended by not just my stylist but also a friend and now I see why. It is easy to use. You use similar to other conditioners and only have to leave in for two to five minutes. It is a bit on the expensive side but no more than any other product in the Aveda line. I think it is worth the extra money and healthier for you than other products with many more chemicals. If I did not go to an Aveda salon I would go out of my way to stop by one to pick up the Aveda Black Malva Conditioner. I just recently started using it in my daughter's hair and she seems to have healthier looking hair all ready, after just a couple of weeks.

Aveda Black Malva is really nice!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Aveda Black Malva Conditioner:

Aveda is always at the top of their game. The high quality ingredients that go into their products really make a difference. I have dark hair that is also color treated, so I want to take good care of it. Aveda Black Malva always leaves my hair shiny and smelling fantastic. It does cost a bit more than most hair products, but it is so worth it!