Other Facial Moisturizers:

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Awesome orange scented facial moisturizer for very dry skin.

**Avalon Organics **is a company that makes all natural body care items.  Although the word *organics *is in the name, they are not actually organic.  However, they are made with some organic ingredients and never tested on animals.

The **Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream **is a part of the **Avalon Organics Vitamin C **line of facial products.  The set includes: cleansers, moisturizers, toner, serum, eye cream and lip balm.

*Avalon* *Organics* *says*: "Our Renewal Facial Cream is the perfect age-defying moisture cream formulated with nourishing organic Borage, Flax and Sweet Almond oils plus Vitamin C for the ultimate in photo-aging protection."

The **Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream **is excellent for anyone who has extremely dry skin.  The moisturizer comes in a jar and is very concentrated.  The consistency is super thick and creamy.  I can only use this product in the winter because it is very, very moisturizing and would be too much for summer.  It smells like ripe, juicy oranges, so if you like citrus scented products, this is for you!  If you don't have extremely dry skin, the **Vitamin C **line has a moisturizer called **Rejuvenating Oil-Free Moisturizer.  **That moisturizer is much thinner and not as moisturizing, making it great all year long.

Some of the great ingredients that make up this skin-nourishing cream are: organic lavender, chamomile, vitamin C, vitamin E, white tea, green tea, organic aloe, cucumber and vegetable glycerin.

**The Scoop!**

This is a great product for anyone that is into natural skin care and needs a moisturizing cream for extremely dry skin.  The scent is wonderful too!

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Creme -mostly organic

**Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Creme ** is a mostly organic product by Avalon Organics.  Mostly, I like the fact that it is mostly organic - not all, but mostly. The company lists its ingredients as follows: ** **Organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender), chamomilla recutita (chamomile), camellia sinensis (white tea), and organic arnica montana extracts (aqueous), organic aloe barbadensis, vegetable glycerin, **cetearyl alcoho**l, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), glyceryl stearate, octyl palmitate, tromethamine stearate, glyceryl laurate,** sodium PCA, caprylic/capric triglyceride**, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, hyaluronic acid, melatonin, lemon bioflavonoids, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), allantoin, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) and calendula officinalis extracts, tocopherol and tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), xanthane gum, **dimethicone**, corn starch modified, soy lecithin, **ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcoho**l, organic citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil and other essential oils.  I highlighted ingredients that I'm not so thrilled about and that is why Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Creme only got 3 stars. I don't know what those ingredients are (although there is an excellent website that can tell us:  www.cosmeticsdatabase.com).  I just think that a company as big as Avalon Organics can surely get rid of the chemicals in its face creme.  The company says that the product is free of Parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic fragrance, artificial colors, and/or animal testing.  That's all well and good, but I question this last statement as benzyl alcohol is definitely drying and harsh.  Anyway.....  Does it work?  Yes, it does.  However, do I want to use this long term?  No.  I am worried about those ingredients.  I bought it but I think I'm going to return it cause I think I can find a cleaner and more pure product. Sorry Avalon, but you can do better than this.

Goes on smoothly

from Yorba Linda, CA

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

I've used Avalon Organics before and while trying to find a new facial cleanser I came across this Vitamin C one. So I bought both the cleanser and the moisturizer. I think it's more effective when you use the same brand or at least the same variety. I do like the fact that this moisturizer went on smoothly and smoothed over my skin easily. The citrus smell is still pretty strong though as in the facial cleanser so if you don't mind the citrusy scent then it won't bother you. I've read that Vitamin C in facial products can help reduce free radicals but not sure how much of it you have to use. I did notice that my skin was a bit lighter in appearance but it was after using the moisturizer for awhile.

I think this works great as long as you continue to use it regularly. I did notice my skin tone lighter but that was after using it for at least a few weeks.

Ease of Application
This moisturizer goes on very smoothly and easily.

It has a strong citrus scent so if you like the smell of citrus fruits then you won't mind it.

good cream

from San Diego ca

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

I can only use the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream during cold weather, because it is extremely moisturizing it would make me look very oily when I use it during hot weather. The moisturizer comes in a well packaged jar you get a good amount of product in it. The scent smells of ripe oranges it is very heavenly to put on my face, and smell it for a long time since it does tend to linger. The moisturizer is super thick, and creamy it spreads evenly all over my face without have to put much effort to rub it in my skin. I only need to touch the product once in the jar with my finger that amount is perfect to do for my whole face. It contains really great ingredients that are beneficial to my skins rejuvenating process like vitamin C, vitamin E, green tea, and organic aloe. I didn't have any breakouts while using this product so I know it does not clog my pores. This moisturizer is really effective at hydrating my skin, and keep it from not getting parched throughout the day. Other than that I did notice a slight glow to my skin from the extra hydration I get from using this moisturizer. I recommend this moisturizer to dry skin types.

Sticky, pasty moisturizer.

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream has an odd way of making your skin feel sticky and giving you a white, pasty look. It doesn't blend well into your skin at all, and the white cream had a way of making my skin look whiter. It was rather strange. I really don't recommend this product because it makes your skin feel weird. If you immediately put on foundation, the whiteness will go away (it disappears under the foundation, I guess?). In addition, because this moisturizer doesn't blend easily into your skin, it makes your face feel dry and your skin oddly stretched and tight. It's not a comfortable feeling. I only use this moisturizer as a last resort.

Doesn't absorb into your skin well, so it doesn't really do it's job of moisturizing.

Ease of Application
The consistency doesn't spread out well, so it's not as easy to massage into your face unlike other moisturizing creams out there.

Orange/citrus scent.

• Ease of Application:

This is the best cream you will ever wear

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

The scent alone will inspire. I have lost 15 lbs from pneumonia, however, my mom, ungenerous with compliments, has said, wow, your skin looks GREAT! Yes, when you shed the lbs you would appear older, however not w avalon vitamin c I love this so much . Doesn't contain a sun blocking agent, but still I find this my favorite.

Like this a lot

from Penrose, NC

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

I have been using this for about a month now and I can tell a difference. I have a more even skin tone and my skin is smoother. A container lasts a long time. I really like the citrus fragrance. It soaks into my skin quickly. I love that I have found something organic that works for me. I will continue to use this for a long time.

Great for preventing dryness in the winter

from Washington, DC

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

This creme surprised me - I usually don't go for things like topical vitamin C.  But it was a balm to my chapped, dry, dull winter skin.  I noticed results almost immediately - my skin was brighter, smoother, and overall it looked healthier.  The scent is pleasant and doesn't persist.  It wasn't irritating at all, and didn't cause any acne.

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Creme -mostly organic

from Cornville, AZ

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewel creme works

from Campbellsville, KY

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

I wear this creme every day and night. Instead of using moisturizer i have replaced it with this wonderful vitamin C renewel creme. Thanks to this product my skin feels much smoother and softer. Over a period of time i could see my face looking more lively and healthy. This is an improvement to my beauty routine and I love it. At first I felt the creme was a little sticky but after getting use to it, I enjoy putting it on two times a day to give my skin a boost and youthful glow. I also appreciate the ingredients are natural.

Simply love Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Creme

from Altmar, NY

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Creme is one of the best hydrating moisturizers on the market today.  For normal to dry skin and it wears really well underneath makeup.  It is comprised of numerous antioxidants including lemon bioflavinoids, melatonin, white and green teas, as well as vitamin C and E.  Vitamin C is a key ingredient in this that helps with the production of collagen and elastin.This creme quite literally helped reduce the clarity and tone of my skin giving me a radiant complexion.  Its so soft and smooth now!  I'm in my 30s and I have better skin today than I did in my 20s.  I love how it feels on, very silky and smooth.  It has never felt sticky like some moisturizers tend to be.  I've used alot of Avalon Organic products and this by far is one of my favorites.  Also one of the best things about this is the form of vitamin C used in this is one of the most stable forms, which means it will remain active in the product for as long as you have it.

Great for my skin with wonderful texture and scent.

from Belmont, MI

Comments about Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream:

Love the feel and scent of this product. Even though its claim of fading age spots has not been realized by me, I do feel that my skin overall is more hydrated in actuality and in appearance. This is a bit heavier cream, but not too heavy. Feels wonderful on your face. You feel as though your skin is soaking it in and feeling happy about it! I will buy more of this product.