3.1
Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump

Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump

3.1

Cons

Sprunch it, Spray it and expect that hair to stay with Aussie

Beauty and prep time wise I’m a pretty laid back au natural kind of person.  But I do require just a touch of hair spray to maintain my do the way I want it.  I’ve tried several brands and types of products but in all I always tend to go back to the one I started with almost 20 years ago Aussie Sprunch Spray.  My hair is pretty simple but what would be the “bangs” area I like to have a swoosh back type look which keeps it out of my face during the day.  Other brands fall short and literally my hair is falling within a few hours.  When I use Aussie Sprunch Spray almost always my hair stays where it should.  Now you would think my saying that would mean that it makes hair stiff.  That is not the case with Aussie.  For some reason I get a good hold, yet I never feel the spray in my hair.   I do have to say that with my latest purchase this last month my Aussie does not quite hold as well as it used to but it still works great for me.I laughed when I read the summary for this product stating that reviewers liked the “purple” smell of the product.  The next time I used it, sure enough the smell was purple.  How do you smell purple?  I have no idea but that’s the best word I can use to describe it.  To be a little more descriptive, it has a sweet, fruity smell that is also mixed with a little bit of flowery.   Enjoy the scent and it doesn’t really linger or smell chemically at all.  I buy Aussie Sprunch Spray in a pump bottle (which does sometimes get gummed up).  It seems to me that over the years, the bottle size has shrunk yet the price has stayed the same, or increased, which is disappointing for my budget.  Luckily I only need to buy a bottle of it once every year or so since I don’t use very much.

the aussie sprunch is a totally different product than before.

aussie sprunch spray was my most favorite hair spray for the last 17 years,just recently my daughters and i noticed that the product has changed. there is seven of us girls and we all agree that it makes our hair feel like plastic. we hate it and we miss our old aussie.we will no longer purchase any more aussie products.we are very sorry because we were some of your biggest fans and always introduced your products to everyone,besides spending alot of money on aussie over the years.we truly believed in your products.we want our sprunch spray back.

I love the grape smell, but can't find any.

from COLUMBIANA, Al.

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Smells Great

• Thinner Hair

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

I can't find Aussie spruch with the grape smell

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

I miss the old sprunch spray!!!

from San Ramon, Ca

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Work

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

I really really miss the old Aussie Sprunch Spray formula. I used it for 25 years and I can't find it anywhere. I don't like the new sprunch spray, it doesn't work the same way. The new one should've just been an added product to the Aussie line. Please please bring back the original Aussie Sprunch a Spray my hair needs it!!!

• Hair Type:
        • Straight Hair

It doesn't work so good on my hair.

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

I purchased this because I thought I can use it on the days that I'm too lazy to do my hair or I just don't have anytime to spend on my hair because of certain circumstances. Well I don't really like it. It may be because it just doesn't work right or it may be because of my hair type. I have shoulder length hair right now. It's wavy so I thought this might make it look cute and make the waves spring up but they don't. Instead my hair looked worse and I wasted more time trying the sprunch look. It made my hair feel crunchy and hard too. I don't like that because I hate the hard wet look in my hair. It's ugly and it just makes the hair heavy. I was thinking about giving it to my sister since she has curly hair. I thought it would probably work better on her. I didn't give it to her though because I figured it worked good to use as a regular hairspray plus I am going to give it another chance when my hair grows longer. Maybe once my layers grow out, it might work differently.

Love this spray and the scent

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

Aussie makes a great product when it comes to this spray. I use this when I want to wear my hair with the natural curls I was given and it makes my hair look great. I can simply spray it on my hair right out of the shower and let it dry naturally. It keeps my curls from looking frizzy and my hair has a wet look. It doesn't look like I just got out of the shower, but it looks naturally wet. The scent is one of a kind. It has a grape type smell that is addicting. I love the way my hair smells when I use this product or any Aussie product.
        This spray doesn't make your hair feel very hard, I can still run my fingers through my hair and it doesn't feel weighed down or heavy. I have been using this product for many years and I will continue to use it in the future. This is reasonably priced and works better than the salon expensive brands. Aussie makes a quality product and will be something I will buy for years to come.

Works but leaves hair stiff

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

Do you know what sprunching is? Sprunch is when you create curls in your hair by applying product and then taking your hair into fistfuls. The result-beachy, messy, loose waves.

Now, Aussie Sprunch Spray does work. I have stick-straight hair and using Aussie Sprunch Spray will give my hair the "sprunched" look. It also does last for hours-I can do my hair at 9 am and the style lasts well into the night.

The problems-to get the sprunch look I need to use way too much product. If your hair is past shoulder-length, you will need to use half the bottle.
        -It leaves my hair feeling too stiff. If you touch my hair after using this, it will crunch.
        -The smell. I don't particularly hate the "Aussie product" scent but it is very strong and you can smell it all day after using it.

I've ended up switching to a loose curling iron. The waves aren't the same but I'm saving money because I'm not buying three bottles of this a week and I'm not smelling it all day.

Good for a little bit of wave.

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

My hair is naturally a little bit wavy, and I find that this product works best for me if I take a shower, towel dry my hair and get the excess moisture out of my hair, and then apply this. It isn't too thick or heavy, and it doesn't make my hair crunchy. If you use too much of this, of course it will get to be excessive. A fair amount of this is good.

Lovee!

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

I don't know why I don't use this anymore, I used to use Aussie Sprunch Spray and the Aussie Instant Freeze Gel, it was my favorite hair product combination. First off let's start off with the scent, it literally smells like candy in a bottle. I could spray this all over my hair and never get tired of the scent. I love how well this holds my curls, I'm one who lovees playing with my curls and usually they kinda lose the shape and get a little frizzy but with this it's like a mega hold spray. Everyone with curly hair needs to give this a try because it really does a great job. When I finish all my hair products I'm currently using I will definitely be repurchasing this spray. It's kind of like a holy grail product, i wish I knew why I stopped using this because its just that good, and with the instant freeze gel your hair will not go anywhere, that I can promise you. The only thing is if you don't like that crunchy feel with your hair I wouldn't use both the products.

The greatest for styling

from Goshen, NY

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

I have been using Aussie products for a few years now. They seem to work very well for me. I'm not one that has an easy time styling my own hair but Aussie products help a great deal! I start out with Aussie volumizing spray and finish off with Aussie scrunch spray. When I leave the house in the morning I look like I've been to the salon. What a difference it makes when you're working with hair products that do all the work for you. I'm completely satisfied with Aussie Scrunch spray & would recommend it to all.

Good product

from Grand Rivers, KY

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

I use the spray gel and I love the smell.  My hair is very frizzy, but Aussie products work to keep the friz out.  I am very happy with them.  I have long hair, and rarely ever cut it so it takes a few bottles a week to keep it defrizzed.  All in all, Aussie is the way to go!

A great product for hold and curl

from Erlanger, KY

Comments about Aussie Sprunch Spray Strong Hold Pump:

This product is very good for really putting curls in hair that isn't full of curls. My hair is naturally curly but is long so it tends to pull curl out. This product really holds and holds for a long time. The only drawback I have is it tends to almost make hair to stiff. Now when we are in times of natural look, I don't like that fact.