Other Misc. Vitamins:

Atkins Endulge Peanut Butter Cups

It's Like A Reese's Cup Without The Guilt

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Atkins Endulge Peanut Butter Cups:

When the Atkins Diet first gained popularity I jumped on the bandwagon; at the time I was training for a bodybuilding competition and needed to get as much protein in my diet as possible but I still had intense cravings for chocolate. I tried these and fell in love with the creamy taste of the peanut butter but I went overboard with them and ended up paying the price. Most Atkins desserts and sweets contain sugar alcohol which can have a laxative effect if you consume too much of it.

The suggested serving is two pieces; that's hard to stick to if you love the taste of it but trust me eat no more than four at a time. The suggested serving contains 160 calories, 13 grams of fat, 18 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of protein. The 160 calories can really have an impact on your diet if you are counting calories so if you have a problem with will power and snacking, you are going to want to pass on these.

The last time I bought these I put them in the freezer and ate them frozen; it took me longer to eat them and they were a little more enjoyable. You can also bust up the pieces and put them in yogurt or on top of low fat ice cream. When I first tried them I loved the taste but I was skeptical; I was dieting at the time and was depriving myself of a lot of treats. When you are in that situation, anything that you have given up tastes amazing. When I had them when I wasn't dieting they still tasted great, close to a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup but the chocolate isn't as rich.