Other Snacks & Cookies:

Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat

Pros

Cons

Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar

I bought this product because I had a coupon and thought it would be a great thing to have on hand to take on trips, for snacks, and to make a light meal with when I added a salad or a piece of fruit with it. I was so glad I purchased this item. The blend of caramel, peanuts, chocolate and nougat is perfect. This bar definitely does not taste like it is on any kind of a diet program. I liked the combination of chewiness, crunchiness, saltiness, sweetness. Not one flavor over powered another. I did find these bars to be on the expensive side though. Another not so good factor is that they taste so good, it is really hard to stop at eating just one bar. They are very portable. They pack well into a knapsack, backpack, picnic basket and travel without becoming soft, stale or tasteless. The packaging each bar is individually sealed in is easy to open. The only downside to carrying these bars in the car, purse, knapsack or backpack, is that they should be kept cold so the chocolate doesn't melt and the caramel doesn't become too soft. I use a small cold pack insulated bag to carry my bars in.

Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar tastes bland.

I have been working my way through several of the Atkins Bars, and the one I am reviewing today is the Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar.

It is one of the...Read complete review

It is one of the bigger bars, weighing in at 1.6 ounce (44 g) It contains 10 grams of protein, 1 g sugar, and only 3 g net carbs. It has 180 calories, of which 100 are fat.

So onto the bar. First I am sad to say that it has the dark chocolate, which doesn't even taste like chocolate. Once I get passed that the peanuts and nougat are okay. Nothing special.

The more I ate of it, the blander it tasted. This one on taste alone, is just not for me.

My favorite one so far is the Endulge Caramel Nut Chew Bar. I could eat one of those any day.

Even though it is a diet bar, it has to taste good, for people to buy it.

Very tasty and filling; Atkins fills the bill.

from Middleboro, MA

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

I am reviewing the Atkins Caramel Chocolate Nougat bar. I received this bar as part of a 3 bar sample pack.
First the important part: the bar was delicious and big enough to totally fill me up until my next meal. It was covered with dark chocolate, which was a plus. I love dark chocolate and the benefits of eating it over milk chocolate. It was very palatable and I just enjoyed holding it in my mouth for a while before swallowing it. Because of its satiety, I was able to eat it slowly, thus helping my stomach to realize it was full.
Now on to the benefits of these bars. They have only 18g of carbohydrates in relation to 10g of protein. This is an almost perfect protein to carb ratio for those of us concerned with insulin resistance. Because of this ratio, I do not have to worry about my insulin spiking and then rapidly dropping. Thank you, Atkins.

Delicious snack bar

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

I'm always looking for new healthy snacks to try. I was interested in trying some of the Atkins products and came across their snack bars in the weight loss aisle. The snack bars and candy-like items were particularly intriguing. I bought the Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nougat Bar to try. It seems impossible that something with that name could be considered healthy or a diet item. The key is that this product is sweetened with sugar alcohols instead of sugar. This particular product was quite delicious. It did not taste like a diet food. The chocolate was great, as was the caramel. I could easily eat these as a snack every day. If you're looking for a sweet snack that won't affect blood glucose like real sugar will, give the Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nougat Bar a try. The Atkins products are slightly expensive, but no more expensive than most diet products. That being said, I would definitely buy it again.

Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar

from Hermiston, OR

Atkins Protein Bars - -Available in lots of flavors

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

I eat a lot of these protein bars and find that Atkins has the best assortment of flavors. Each bar is around 15 grams of protein which is far better than most of this type of bar. There are a lot of other fruit filled bars available in other brands but the Strawberry Almond Bars by Atlkins gives me the taste that I like and the protein. I eat these as a meal as they fill me up and the calorie content is about two-hundred calories per bar. I love the variety and these bars are easy to carry with me for when I need a pick me up and they are great for a "breakfast on the go" I do have to remind myself that these are 200 calories and I limit myself to one bar per day. I find that the Atkins bars have a consistency and taste more like a desert. I don't think that it would be a good idea to only eat these bars as a diet, but I do feel that they are great to get you past the times when you are feeling that afternoon let down or just to busy to eat.

Really, really good

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

Those of you doing the low-carb/high-protein thing will like this, especially if you have a sweet tooth as that diet doesn't leave much room for indulging in sweets. I thought it tasted pretty great, and I will probably continue to use it.

Atkins also has a variety of other flavors that I liked as well, including peanut butter and (I think) fudge, so if you don't like caramel (I can't imagine why you wouldn't though) there are several options to choose from.

You can also get a coupon and a sample from the Atkins website if you're really interested but not ready to buy it yet. The sample includes three full sized bars as well as some information about the Atkins diet and useful tips for getting started. I got a sample kit in the mail very quickly after registering, and I ended up using the coupon to purchase more.

I haven't tried a lot of 'protein bars', but of the few that I have tried the Atkins ones were among the brands that offered treats that didn't taste like punishment.

Pretty darn tasty!

from Murphy, NC

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

The Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nougat Protein Bars surprised me....they were probably the tastiest protein bar I have eaten! They have a good texture and good flavor, no weird or fake taste to these bars! Great to throw in my backpack for a satisfying snack between classes!

Surprisingly delicious!

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

I decided to try the Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat because I thought it would be a healthier way for me to have chocolate instead of eating a candy bar. I am so glad that I tried the Atkins Protein Bar! I could not believe how great it tasted! The nougat was creamy. The chocolate actually tasted like chocolate and the carmel was delicious. I was so surprised. I have tried other protein bars and thought that they tasted like fake chocolate or the nougat was really hard, but the Atkins Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar did not taste like that at all! It tasted like a real candy bar. Also the Atkins Protein Bar really does fill you up. I could not believe it, it was like I had eaten a whole meal. I was not trying to replace a meal with the Atkins Bar, but you really could! The only thing that I do not like about the Atkins Protein Bars is that they are expensive. I am only able to buy them when they go on sale.

Love this bar so like a snickers

from NJ

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar is a dream come true for any diet, in which you want a treat on. If your on a diet and you want to eat well but not eat junk food, then this is something you should include. It is the Atkins diet bar, but the peanuts caramel and nougat is so like having a snickers bar. I would eat it without being on the Atkins diet. For me the taste and all that good for you protein is so helpful to keep me full and living a healthy life. I have no worries of getting fat or guilt with this bar. I think its better then most bars out on the market as well. If your doing Atkins or not then try this bar anyways its worth it for your next diet treat. Therefore, I would most definitely share this diet treat with all my friends and family members, plus others around the diet bar section. This is number one on my list of healthy and delicious treats.

Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar tastes bland.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

Even though it is a diet bar, it has to taste good, for people to buy it.

Atkins Diet Bar

from Los Gatos, CA

Comments about Atkins Advantage Protein Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat:

Twelve years ago, when I went on my first reduced-carb diet, I tried out different protein bars. At that time, Atkins bars tasted awful. However, I'm happy to report that they have improved a lot. This is especially great because so many of the low carb bars on the market contain maltitol. It's also nice when I can find them in my local stores. Atkins bars meet both of these criteria. My only real objection is the sweetness level.