3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Asus LAptop review

Comments about Asus K50IJ-G2B 15.6 inch Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz/ 3GB/ 320GB/ DVDRW/ Windows 7 Pro+XP Pro PC Notebook:

I have had mine for a couple years now. So far I have not had any problems with it. Except the battery life is not that great

I had no problem learning to use it. The only thing that took awhile to get used to was Windows 7.

Battery Life
Seems like my battery went fast and I need a new battery even though I followed the rules with laptops to preserve the battery. I felt like the battery did not last as long as my last laptop I had which is a downfall especially when you plan to use it on a long flight. I could get through one movie and a little bit after that and then the battery would be low.

Support & Service
I have not had to use this much. I have gone to the help part that takes you online to theri website and it was easy to use. But i have heard the support is great.

It is easy set up and east to use. nice sleek design with a nice keyboard setup.

it is a bit heavy. It does not seem like it would be that durable but I was not buying it for that purpose. It is not easy to transfer but can be done.

Very Reliable Laptop!

I have had this laptop for a few months now and it still works as if I just bought it! It's fast with applications and never freezes. Even though I have used a lot of space on this computer, it still works fast and efficient. This laptop isn’t heavy at all, so it’s so easy to take it places. It has a disk drive which is great for watching movies. It comes with Windows 7, which is sort of outdated because the new thing is Windows 8, but I personally like Windows 7 much better. The Windows 7 system is very easy to get used to and is very easy to use. Windows 8 was too confusing for me. It comes with Microsoft Word, so it makes writing essays or letters that much easier. It had different games so you will be able to find one that fits your interests. The downloading time on this laptop is less than a minute always. You will be very happy with this laptop if you purchase it. This laptop is definitely a good one, no matter what age you are! I recommend this to everyone who asks about a good laptop brand. Though many people have not heard of Asus, this brand is dependable, and it lasts a long time.

• Speed/Performance:

Best laptop I have ever owned

Love it very easy to use. It is great have had it a year and have had no problems.
It is so easy to use. It is very well made. I love the color. The size is perfect. It does great for what I use it for. We are looking for one for my daughter for christmas for her school work. I homeschool and it works great for that to plan everything.
I am using it now to review it. I am listen to music on it very great sound. I haven't used the web cam much but it is also very good to do things with. I use it for shopping online my favorite thing to do.
I have suggested this product to everyone. It is just ease when using it.
I mean what more can you ask for it battery life is amazing and great.
Trying to think what else to say about it. lol
I use it for my husband music. Him and his buddy write music and publish it so I have to be able to manage what they do. It is easy to navigate to get where I need to put things. It has Window 7 on it and love that do not care for Window 8 at all

• Speed/Performance:

asus laptops is not as good as other brands

wireless would not reach through wall from 5 ft from router and my other brand did. Had to purchase a wi-fi extender for laptop. I bought this brand as it was supossed ot be best brand out there. As asus makes the parts for all other computer brands. I had to send in to get keyboard replaced a round 2 weeks after got it and wanted me to pay for shipping when it was never disclosed in warranty of that, it took some fussing to get them to pay the shipping to them. Only way to get god support as to tell them would be spreading the word about how terrible product is and i still have on my college campus to my college classmates.

• Speed/Performance:

Reliable and decently fast computer

from Tualatin, OR

I got this ASUS as a replacement to a lemon Dell that I had been using for about a year. It has been a year and a half and I'm still liking this computer better. It's reliable and fast for most uses. The only thing I've had happen to it is that the screen got a crack in it when my kid used it, I still don't know how he did it. Anyways, I ordered a new screen for it and although there were about three or four sets of screws to take out in stages, it was a pretty simple fix. Overall, this has been one of my better computers.

Good work laptop

from Minneapolis, MN

I'll start by saying that I prefer Apple products. I use this computer for work, and I am not a fan of Windows. I used Windows growing up and while I can maneuver just fine on a Windows machine, I find Apple to be more streamlined and user-friendly. Anyway, this machine works just fine for work. I use internet (mainly Google Chrome), Quickbooks, Microsoft Office and a few other programs on it and I haven't had any issues. The integrated SD card slot is handy as my company uses a lot of pictures taken on various job sites. I don't like the placement of the USB ports (one on the left side and two on the right side), because being right handed I run into things if they are plugged in on the right. The glossy screen can be a bit annoying, too - I have a window behind my desk and have to keep the shade drawn so that I can see the screen. For a budget machine this thing gets the job done.

Battery Life
A few hours.

Support & Service
N/A

I like the "cool touch" thing (it doesn't get hot).