3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

Easy. Quick. Cheaper than full price

I found this service to be helpful. My teenager got her phone wet. Filed a claim online and got a replacement the next day. Yes there is a deductible. But to get another phone in the middle of her contract was several hundred dollars.

Assurion has WORST customer service EVER

I have had to use Assurion for numerous phone insurance plans through Verizon.  What they fail to tell you is that you are paying them a monthly fee and a deductible only to receive a refurbished (and defective) phone when yours breaks/gets lost or stolen.  Every time I have received a replacement phone from this company, there seems to be a problem with it.  Their customer service is not helpful at all and does not care about their customers.  They have some rule where if they send you 2 consecutive defective phones then they will send you a “new” phone.  There has been a class action lawsuit against the company that they will refuse to talk about if you bring up to them as well.  In my opinion, save the $6/month that you would pay them and just buy a new phone if something happens to yours.  It will save a lot of time and frustration, and avoid having to have phones that continuously break.

Advise not to purchase insurance on devices

from Willow Grove, Pa

Comments about Asurion:

I came to AT&T from Sprint for my wireless phone service. Dropping unlimited data, calls and text to 10 Gb of data was not horrible nor was the two dollar increase for the monthly insurance on the phone. I am assuming that I was given a small booklet of fine print because not one person told me that in addition to the monthly premiums I would have to pay one hundred and ninety-nine dollars as a deductible.

When I called an Asurion representative to discuss pricing and see if I could work something out on the claim for my defective device, she actually laughed. Said that the deductible could not be waived or decreased. With Sprint, if the phone was stolen or broken it would be replaced covered by insurance. I dropped the insurance coverage on my phone and have to deal with a broken phone.

ZERO Customer Service

from Boston

Comments about Asurion:

I had an insurance policy with Asurion. When the phone was lost/ stolen I filed a claim. An agent helped me file the claim, charged my credit card $169 and said the phone would be delivered the next day. It was never delivered.

The next day I spent close to 2 hours making phone calls to Asurion--- went thru every dept possible at the company only to be told there was an "issue" and "suspicious activity". When I asked what that meant they said it was confidential, they could not tell me.... HUH???

So let me get this right.

I pay for insurance.

I have a lost/ stolen phone which is covered under the plan.

I pay $169 for a replacement that is never received

They process a claim only to reject the claim 12 hours later and will not explain the reason because it is confidential.

WOW!

Customer Service Agents could care less about customers. Save your money

Horrible service

from Arizona

Comments about Asurion:

I would not even give this company one star! Horrible customer service. Wish Verizon would not use them.

Asurion LIES !

Comments about Asurion:

I Lost my phone on 01/19/2015. This has been one of the most frustrating things I have experience in my entire adult life. I called asurion to file a claim. Did every thing I was asked to do.. I was told it would take 24-48 hours to process my claim. Today is 01/24/2015. Just got off the phone with them. I was told it would be Monday 01/26/2015 before they could give me an answer on my claim. Why LIE asurion? Just say you don't know what you are doing. 7 days to get an answer. That is totally unacceptable. But one thing I can say they are the most apologetic company I have ever seen. They are always apologizing. Over and over. I don't need your apologies. I don't need you to sell me no dreams. I don't need your excuses, about you just took over this account. Why would you take over a new account if you weren't ready to handle the claims that come in? I am in retail sales. Losing my phone and the time it has taken to get a new phone has cost me 2500.00 in lost business has of today. I need my phone. I am very disappointed in this company. After all the excuses I have gotten. I called the office of the CEO. Talked to a Mellisa maybe she can help? I will keep you inform.

• Available Plans:

Do not expect customer service...expect corporate rhetoric

Comments about Asurion:

I allowed my daughter, to use my debit card to pay the deductible for her new phone since her existing device was damaged. She returned the damaged device to Asurion. However, because it was lost or misplaced or who even knows what at this point, my card was charged an additional $300...which then resulted in $245 of overdraft fees as I was not expecting any such charge. So thanks to the ineptitude of Asurion or the postal service...take your pick, I am out a total of $545. I have spoken to no less than a dozen Asurion customer service representatives - a misnomer if ever I heard one...there is no such thing as Asurion customer service based on my experience these past 2 weeks. Not one offered any attempt at resolution. They were, in fact, all inept and sorely lacking in people skills. They may want to revisit their training program. One, in particular, was obnoxious, condescending and just plain rude...Wes 163322. Please pass along my compliments to the Asurion training organization for their supreme failure at imbuing any of their employees with the least degree of pleasantry or true customer service skills and to the leadership of Asurion for their complete lack of integrity. I could not even get them to listen to me...much less offer up an attempt at resolution.

Customer Service

Available Plans
Don't really know anything about their plans...refuse to use them.

Unethical company

Comments about Asurion:

Ineffective - does not provide working phones. Required to pay a monthly payment and had a significant copay once phone was broken. In total, these expenses alone equaled the cost of a new or used phone online. The company sent a refurbished phone as a replacement that was NOT of equivalent let alone working value. Then they sent a second broken refurbished phone. After countless wasted hours and dollars, I have washed my hands of this horrific company.

Awful Company

Comments about Asurion:

I'm completely dissatisfied with the policies, terms and conditions, and over all customer service. This company suspended my insurance due to the fact I claimed twice in a year. I was not notified until 9 months later when I needed to make another claim. I thought I was paying for a service that I apparently did not have. As I understand the policies, I however was not notified in a formal letter, phone call or email. When the representative rudely explained why, and the situation as to the cancellation, she simply stated that I should have read the terms and conditions. Not many people get out their magnifier glass to look over a 5, 10 or 15 page booklet to read the terms. Something as such a limit to how many times you can claim in a year should be a verbal explanation the first time you claim. I have to say this is one of the worst companies with equally disturbing customer service representatives. It unfortunate big companies, cover their wrong doings by using the legality of the "terms and conditions" equally disturbing is how pages and pages of headache forming fine print are expected to be read by the customer. The CS reps should inform customers on how many claims they can make in a year. Its two claims, why is that so difficult to reiterate to customers, especially when most of us are already panicking over a damaged phone.

Poor Experience

Comments about Asurion:

I would not recommend Asurion based on my recent experience with my iPhone. I cracked my iPhone 5 color black and Asurion could only offer me an iPhone 5 C in white or blue. I have a black phone for a reason with work and they refuse to make whole. Further they want to give me the plastic version of my phone. What a disappointing experience. I've been a loyal customer since 2008 and this is how they take care if their clients.

• Available Plans:

Great cellphone insurnace provider!

Comments about Asurion:

I've been with Asurion insurance since the first time I ever bought cell phone insurance. Asurion makes cell phone replacement hassle free and quick. The last time I had to replace a cellphone, I got to choose from 4 different model phones because they discontinued my old model. The 4 phones were all comparable in feature and design, and I thought that was pretty cool. The turn around time from placing a claim to receiving your new phone is super fast. Great service!

• Available Plans:

Even without paying full price it's a ripoff

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Asurion:

My service provider provides Asurion insurance for my mobile device. One summer I jumped in the pool with all of my clothes on and forgot I had my phone in my pocket. I called asurion to file a claim and I was on hold forever. Then, after being on hold for more than 10 minutes, the customer service representative finally came on and she was so rude. Then after paying the deductible, I received a refurbished device. I do not think that's right. You purchase your mobile device brand new and you pay for insurance every month and you may have to replace your phone once every couple years. That's a ripoff. You shouldn't have to pay a deductible anyway, but since you do. you should get a brand new device. I wasn't happy at all with this company and I hope I never have to deal with them again.

Customer Service
Asurion customer service sucks. I was on hold for a long time and the customer service rep was so rude.

Available Plans
You don't get a plan option with this insurance. The deductibles are to high and the devices given for replacement are not new devices.