3.2

Astepro Nasal Spray

3.2

Pros

Cons

Works great after years of suffering horribly from allergies

It does have a horrible taste and it does seem to last for quite a while...but the results far and away outweigh the taste. I have had allergies for years (I am currently 46) and suffered constantly...never a break. I tried everything in the book, literally. Claratin, Zyrtec, all the varieties of all kinds of medicines and nothing gave me consistant relief. With this nasal spray, I have seen relief I haven't had in years. I would recommend it to anyone who has any kind of seasonal allergies or allergies otherwise.

Astepro, newer version of Astelin, but with same problems

I have tried a tremendous amount of allergy medications and have yet to find that "perfect" drug that rids me of the sneezing AND nasal congestion.   With that said, I have just started Astepro and have discovered a few things that I dislike about it.Astepro is a newer version of Astelin.  Evidently they made this new version due to the bad reviews about the side effects of Astelin.  The most significant side effects issues were that they caused you to become VERY tired and sleepy. Also, the post nasal drip was bad and had a terrible taste from the spray.  It was very bitter.  To deal with the bitter taste, they added sorbitol and sucralose, which are artificial sweeteners.  They also did something that was supposed to alleviate the fatigue that it caused.The instructions tell you to lean your head forward to avoid the post nasal drip, but I found that it didn't make any difference.  It still dripped and tasted horrible.  Sweet yes, but still horrible.  So much so that I gagged and had to spit it out into a tissue.  I also drank non-stop to try to get past the taste.  As for the fatigue, it is still there, at least for me.  It wasn't unbearable, but it wasn't exactly a good thing while trying to work.  Even hours later, I still felt tired.  It is designed to use twice a day, but I will likely only use it at night. That way the fatigue won't be a problem with my daily functioning.  Now, did it work?  Somewhat.  It isn't a steroid type spray, like Veramyst or Nasonex and also doesn't have any form of decongestant in it.  My doctor said that the antihistimine effect would still help to shrink swelling, so that I could breathe.  I did not find this to be the case.  Yes, I didn't sneeze all day, but I also could only breathe out of one nostril at the time, which is very frustrating.I'm working off of the sample, so I'll likely NOT be filling my prescription for this spray!

asterpro was rejected by my body

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Initially, after my first and only dose, I noticed the very unfavorable taste, and slight waves of nausea coming on. Within 1-2 hours, I was vomiting non stop. I could not hold down my own saliva. I'm assuming that my bad headache was a result of constant straining. By 3 pm I was completely useless, already too weak to drive to the hospital. I knew I had to find a way to get hydrated. I gave up on trying any fluid for a while. I decided to try Gatorade and I could tell, from my body's feedback, that I needed some of its ingredients. Held it down better than water. The Doctor on call called in Zofran and a headache medicine. Then, recovery began. It is the following morning and still mild nausea, but that's the only side effect that is out of the ordinary. I believe that I can see how asterpro could dry out your sinuses. If your body isn't made to accept asterpro, then it could dry up way more than sinuses.

It really worked for me

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

I was given this product from my ear, nose and throat doctor when I was pregnant with my second daughter. I had horrible congestion for nearly all of my pregnancy, and my nose would run like a faucet all of the time. It seemed like nothing helped at all. This was a miracle medication for me. It really helped to dry out my sinuses. I was worried that since it was a spray it would only make my nose run more, but it did just the opposite. I have had other nasal sprays cause irritation in my nose and bleeding, but this spray did not cause any issues with irritation or bleeding.This is my go to product when my seasonal allergies are bothering me and it gives me relief quickly and does not cause my nose to burn or bleed. This product also works very quickly to stop my nose from running.
I use this in the morning and also in the evening before bed. It helps to let me sleep and help with the congestion.

made my stuffed nose worse

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

I used this astepro nasal spray , at night when one of my nose was stuffed. But Instead it made my condition worse and stuffed my both noses. I have not found good nasal spray till now and this one is also not one. My doctor had prescribed me this medicine and now I can't even believe my doctor coz she prescribed me such a bad nasal spray. I didnot find it any better than othe over the counter nasal sprays. And its lot expensive. Most of all instaed of making my condition better it made my condition worse.

Astepro Nasal Spray is the best at what it does.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Overall this prescription nasal spray is highly effective in fighting my allergy symptoms. I have been using this nasal for the last year and it has been a great asset to my everyday living. My allergy symptoms were interfering with my asthma and causing it to flare up. My doctor suggested that I try Astepro and sure enough it worked immediately. It clears my nasal passages and keeps my nose from running and it also helps with my itchy throat. The one thing I absolutely hate about this nasal spray is the fact that it goes down your throat no matter what you do to prevent it from doing so. It taste awful and leaves a awful taste in my mouth. I still use this nasal spray because it has been more effective than any of the other prescription nasal sprays I have tried in the past. Even after using it for a year it still works just as good as it did when I first started using it. This nasal spray more than exceeded my expectations.

Cure for my sinus problems.

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Have only used Asterpro for two day's and has extreemly helped a 15 year sinus problem, I can breath at last and sleep more soundly. I have experienced no ill side effects. I have tried alot of products but never one that worked as fast nor lasted as long.

Best allergy meds out there

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Love it! Works with no side effects! I've been using it for 3 years. I love that I can take it as needed. I love that it can work in little as 15 minutes. I do not like taking any meds, even Advil. However, I don't think twice about taking this.

This product made me want to die.

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Left HORRIBLE TASTE IN MY MOUTH!!! I felt like throwing up! I will never take this again in my lifee!! It made me want to lose consciousness! Ive never tasted something so bad in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please listen to me!!! Dont do this to yourself!!! You know, unless you like to feel sick,and like to throw up.... Im not kidding

Works better than all the others.

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

I just got this sample from the doctor. I suffer with one side of my nose constantly blocked & stuffy. Its so bad, I hate it. At night my nostril is completely stuffy that i have to sleep sitting up sometime.

I took this for the first time & it really helped me. I'm not a medicine fan, but when you "suffer" with allergies you give in & try anything.

I have tried nasonex, & so many others. but nothing has worked immediately like this did. It taste strangely sweet but HORRIBLE after you use it. Yuck! I mean its not a fun taste in the back of your throat at all, but i drink something and the taste leaves.

I would say compared to all others Ive tried this wins hands down, in effectiveness. Nothing un-stuff's me 100% because I have a deviated septum, but I'm surprised, I felt so good sleeping last night. & i woke up feeling a little more rested.

Works well for me

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Reading the comments posted here, this product works well or is from the devil. I like the product. I have allergies to dogs and mold. Living in the South, I can not get away from molds. I also have a Lab that sleeps in the bedroom. I have had issues with my sinuses filling up at night while I sleep. This got much worse after we inherited an older poodle that also sleeps in the bedroom. At the annual visit with the Allergist, he added this medicine with the warning that it might make me sleepy. I have had great relief with the sinus issue AND have been sleeping better. I am a volunteer firefighter and have had no problems getting up and functioning at night. Yes, it tastes terrible (well, just bad) but that is balanced by the relief at night.

Disgusting

Comments about Astepro Nasal Spray:

Horrible taste that make you want to puke. I gagged and had to use netipot right afterward as I couldn't stand tasting the medicine dripping in the back of my throat. 15 mins passed and I still have the bad taste in my throat.. Why would someone make such a horrible taste medicine like this. Yuck!