3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Accreditation:

Great school, great price!

I recently looked into going back to school. I was looking for a school that was fairly inexpensive, had my major of interest and was online.

I came across Ashworth...Read complete review

I came across Ashworth college. This is really a great school! It is very inexpensive. My program was only 1200 per semester and thats  18 credits. Not only is it cheap but they work out interest free payment plans. I worked out a plan that would be $50/month until paid off NO interest! How many schools offer that?? Everyone I had contacted was extreamly nice. The program is also at your out pace. You could take a 2 years for one semester or 6 months. it all depends on what you want and what you need. They offer a wide variety of programs as well. I looked into computer information management. They got back to me really fast and explained all quetsions I had. They also sent me information on the program in the mail which was great. Everyone is just so helpful and I can't wait to get started on my second semester1

Ashworth College, my quality level - 50%

My adult life story in the simplest terms (and I smile as I write this!):  graduated high school, went to college, hated it, dropped out, went to work, kept working for 10 years, got married, bad economy, no job, being husband supported, plenty of time, went back to school at Ashworth and taking online classes at 30+ years old.  If that sounds like you, then yes, Ashworth is a good school.  Their process in the beginning is that you are able to make your own down payments and how much you can afford each month.  Be forewarned though, don't get behind because they will call you at varying times of the day like telemarketers.  Once I was signed up and received my first course materials (for an Associate's degree in Psychology), the process is that you, supposedly, read your handbook and your chapters then take the test in your booklet and then sign online to transfer your answers to a multiple choice screen.   You apparently have access to talk to the instructor any time you need to, which I have not used and mainly because the curriculum is, in my opinion, high school material and not very challenging.  A pretty easy grade more or less, as you are able to use the textbook and handbook to find your answers ahead of time.  I was an A/B student in high school and have a 3.33 through these guys.  I do admit, though, that there are often some questions that the books don't read flat out word for word and you will have to put that brain to use to figure out the answer (bummer, I know!).  Also, from time to time you have to turn in (upload) mandatory grading assignments, which is just an essay paper on whatever the chapter you're on is about.  I'm locked in with having to pay for this semester, my second, but honestly don't know if I'll register for the third.  The website leads you to think that their credits are transferable but a lot of other colleges and universities will tell you that most online schools credits are not accepted.  If this sounds like something you're interested in then by all means go for it.  The pros and cons just about equal themselves out really...

Ashworth College Degree Holder

from Gainesville, Florida

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

Studying online was the best option for me and after doing my research on online schools, Ashworth made the most sense. From price to being able to start at anytime just worked well for me. I took the psychology course and today have a job in social work. All my questions got answered in a timely fashion and my fellow students were always more than helpful. The community aspect was great as well.

Best of the Best!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

This school is the best of the best! The controversy is that the school isn't accredited, it is. It is a legitimate college accredited by the Department of Education, DEAC,CHEA and the Bureau of Business. Its legit. So lets stop the controversy shall we? I enrolled in this school with the biggest smile on my face. I am pursuing a Bachelors and later Masters degree in Business Administration/ Management and I am beyond pleased with the curriculum that has been presented. I learned through Ashworth that they are now in the process of improving their curriculum so that they meet Ivy League college standards and that in itself I believe is phenomenal. Especially because, Ashworth does its best to provide affordable tuitions for their students. I love its educational design, I think they do an excellent job in providing the most educational information and it leaves a powerful impact. Online college of course, Is not for "everyone" some prefer traditional, others prefer this type of college. If you want to be provided with the best type of education, then I think Ashworth would be in your best interest. It is the way of the future and we need to embrace that fact. I am beyond excited to be part of this college it truly deserves more credit than it is given. Of course, with any college, It is not always easy. There are exams, projects and essays just as any other college would. However, if you apply yourself and work your hardest, then you really have no issues than the ones you yourself. I have had no problems in receiving my textbooks, everything has arrived in a timely fashion of 2 to 3 days and you can track your textbooks whereabouts from your account. If there was a time where a need of assistance or a correction needed to be made, upon contacting the staff they have been nothing but a tremendous help. They are very supportive if I ever had a question and they were the kindest people I have ever spoken to over the phone. Highly recommend this wonderful college.

Ashworth college rocks!

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

I attended Ashworth because I never thought I could go to a traditional school. Getting through high school was hard enough, so I never thought college was an option. However, I realized I needed to build a career for myself, and Ashworth was a great place for me to start that career.

Good Place to Start!!!

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

Ashworth College was a great place for me to start the career I never thought I would have. I earned my BA in Marketing from Ashworth for a great price. Look no further if you are looking to receive a degree for less than 20 thousand dollars. Very quick application process and quick start.

• Accreditation:

Ashworth College is awesome college away from home!

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

Ashworth College is now the typical college because it is strictly online. However, when you have no time to do it another way this comes in quite handy. I been attending Ashworth since the ending of 2012 and I have to say I am almost done with my bachelor's degree. I am not complaining! doing it at your own time means you can go as fast or as slow as you want. Depends on your needs.

Class Selection
Since it's on your time and what you choose their is no difficulty. Only sometimes it takes a while to receive my new books. Therefore, if the books are not on time I have to wait a while before starting a new course. I can't complain since Ashworth allows me to take the time I need for each course.

Financial Aid
Ashworth College is one of the less pricey online colleges I found. Unlike other similar colleges that charge an insane amount of money Ashworth College online was a great cost. No debt involved!

Accreditation
Ashworth College is accredited. Some people think it's not but check out the website it is.

• Accreditation:

Be very careful and watch out for this one

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

I don't honestly know a whole lot about this school as far as there educational aspects and accreditations. I have however had my far share of horrible experiences dealing with them. I found them listed on my credit report with a claim that I owe them almost $900 from back in 2009. They say I paid a one time registration fee of $10 and took a few online classes or tests or something, for which I never have. I have been in contact with them multiple times to dispute this and they will not remove it nor correct the issue. They just simply respond by saying that they will settle it for two payments of $250. And she made sure to let me know that the debt would still remain on my credit report for approximately another 3 years minimum unless they decide to sell the bogus account to a collection agency which will then continue to drag it on forever I guess. I would definately be very careful and watch this school very closely if you decide to attend or have any contact with them for fear of them basically stealing your information and creating bogus accounts in your name.

• Accreditation:

Great school, great price!

from Milton, WI

Great online school

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

Great online help, the online forum allows both school reps and other students to answer any questions, including pep talks if you need them. Shipping a bit slow, but nothing too irksome. Work at your own pace, you can finish a class in a day if you want (and have time) but you also have time to review the topic more if you have trouble understanding. My ADHD makes it a bit more difficult to do self paced learning, but at the same time, I don't get penalized when I get distracted by another thing for a week or so. Payments are done online and the school accomidates your budget into a payment plan. I definatly reccomend it! My field (IT) doesn't require a regionally accredited degree so nationally works well enough. Ashworth is working on getting regional accreditaiton, but that takes time. They are also working on getting more BA courses.

dont waste your money - worse experience with an online school E

from Howard Beach, NY

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

I had such high hopes for AC. It started well...took their home inspection course...books got delayed and lost in the mail (or maybe, never sent) - was happy with the cost but in the end felt the education was sub-standard...any way I continued on to complete just a few credit to receive my BA. WELL, what a mistake for $1000 I got nada...one book that came two months late and a disputeover $200 for paying in full and early that has yet to be resolved... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...pass this school by and spend the extra to get a decent education and experience. I am not involved with any other school and recommend you do your research well. AC's customer service is appalling and that is the main reason I have to give them ZERO stars! Well, actually viewpoints willnot allow zero stars so I gave the obligatory one star. Ashworth College could still make this right but Idoubt seriously that they will...I have been fighting over a $200 credit on tuition paid in full for about two months now...what a shame - they had such possibility. Again, it always pays to remember caveat emptor!!!!

Ashworth College Online = Great School - Even better price!

from Tracy, CA

Comments about Ashworth College - Online Degrees:

I attendid this school through online and at home courses for Medical Transcription.  I weighed my options before I enrolled but in the end, the price for Ashworth was unbeatable.  I worried about the quality in the beginning because the price was so low, but I was pleased with the level of education and materials I received, as well as the amount of support provided if there were any questions or problems.  Each course also has a personal teacher you can email when you have any course related questions.  I would definitely recommend this school.