2.5
As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails

As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails

2.5

Great for my dogs.

I bought this peticure poet nail trimming system as I was in desperate need to find a way to safely trim my dogs nails so they would not mare the floors in my new home, a home that is currently hardwood and ceramic tiles throughout. I bought the tool and though it looked like a dremel for dogs, the unit was lighter and easier to use. I found that the tool was easy to use, though it did make a noise that several of my animals did not care for, so a lot of chasing the puppy was in order. The drill did not get hot at first, but after a few minutes, say ten minutes or so, the trimmer did get slightly warm. I liked the drill and found it works very well, but on my shih tzu's nails I had to trim for several swipes before I was happy with the length of her nails. I love the ease of being able to use my trimmer when I need to, and short of having to take my girls in to the groomer, this tool works very well for my needs!

Don't waste your time or money

I saw the Peticure advertised on TV a couple of times and decided to check out their website. I ordered the Peticure Elite and received it 6 weeks later. I put it together and charged it per the instructions. Then it came to try it out. I turned the dial, which has settings from 0 to 10, and it only worked on number 10. It was way too fast to even try on my dog. I had my husband double check that I had put together correctly and it was. I emailed the company and the response I got was to call the toll free number. I called and they didn't offer any troubleshooting adivce, just to send it back and they would replace it. I opted to just send it back for a refund. I sent it back and called a week later to see if it had been received and when to expect a refund, I was very rudely informed that they had no way of knowing if it had been received and I would get my refund in somewhere from 30-90 days. In short, crappy product, with an even crappier customer service dept.

aniaml nail clippers.

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

My dog has always been a hard one to cut his nails. I saw this on tv and I had to try it. My dog didn't fight with me as bad when I started, and it was a lot quicker and I didn't have to worry about cutting too much. plus it rounded out the nail so it wasn't too sharp.

Dangerous and doesn't work as promised

from Indiana

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

I bought one of these on sale and thought it would be a great product to use on my two dogs. They're both okay about having their nails clipped, but this seemed like it would be an easier and safer way (according to the product information) to handle their nail trims. Ideally, this would mimic the dremmel drill that the professional groomers use, while being safe enough for a home pet care item (it's supposed to auto stop before it quicks the dogs). Unfortunately, the Peticure sander is pretty darn wimpy. I have a Jack Russell terrier and a small Chihuahua, not exactly dogs with massively thick toenails. The Peticure couldn't grind through either of my dog's toenails. Instead it would grab ahold of them and yank them forward in to the safety plastic area. After a few attempts I gave up. There's no way I'm putting either of my dogs through that - they were both clearly uncomfortable with it. I talked to the groomer about the Peticure the next time we were in and she swore that she'd never heard a good experience with them - just horror stories.

Great for my dogs.

One major problem

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

I loved my Peticure until the other night. That is when I learned a terrible lesson. I had my Peticure charging on the floor behind my chair. This is somewhere the dogs never go. I was out of the room when I heard my Maltese yip several times really loud. I ran back to the living room to find my dog laying limply behind my chair. When I picked him up, he was laying on the Peticure and the charging cord was unplugged from the Peticure and he was on the cord as well. I ran him to the Emergency Vet where he died from electrocution. The lesson... NEVER leave your Peticure or other devices with charging cords on the floor. Put them up where your pets cannot come in contact with them. I had no idea that a charging cord I cantouch when it is plugged in would kill my dog.

Pedicure scares my pet!

from Cayce, SC

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

My pugs don't like their little feet touched, or their nails cut.  We thought this would work great.  But, we were disappointed.  The thing is basically a roto-zip type tool.  It makes a loud whizzz noise that my pugs were scared of.  When we held on to the pup tight, and got him close to it, it was almost impossible to get the nail into the little hole. Once in the hole, you have to sort of grind the nail away. WORKS, but really a whole lot of hassle, easier just to hold the dog and cut the nail.

On the tv commercial, it seemed so easy to use, and the pets seemed really happy.  My pups run as soon as we plug the thing in, and we aren't anywhere near them!  This really seemed like the solution for our dog's nails, but it just didn't work.  Now, I have this useless tool on their dog shelf.  I guess I should just throw it out, but it seems such a waste.  I put some good money into that tool!  Maybe I can donate it.

So, if your pet doesn't mind the noise, the IDEA of the tool sounds like it'll work great!

Peticure, not as easy as it looks

from Stafford, VA

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

I bought Peticure after watching the commercial quite a few times. I have a very anxious beagle and an elderly mixed breed. I cannot get either of them to sit still for a pedi cure. It is very loud and the beagle barks at it while running away and hiding. In addition, the file strip keeps falling off while I am trying to use it. The directions were vague and hard to follow.

Hate it

from Clifton, CO

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

I went and purchase one of these, and my dogs freak out. First off it sounds like a grinder when you put the dogs nail in there (which makes my dog uncomfortable) and it takes forever!!!!! Commerical is very misleading. They make it look so easy. But I have a big dog and his nails are larger and harder than what you see on t.v. By the time i get ONE nail done my dog is ready to high tail it out of there. Do not buy!!!!

Works well but having a hard time getting my dog to use it

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

After 3 days of spending lots of time trying to use this on my dog, finally got him to sit still to file 4 nails. It works really well like the commercial but if your dog is like mine I can't imagine trying to get him to use it all the time. For me it's worth just taking him to the groomers to get his nails cut. Less stress for me and less stress for him is worth it!

The noise from Peticure scares the crap out of my dogs!

from Warwick, RI

Comments about As on TV Peticure Pedicure Clip Pet Nails:

The commercial looked great.  Too bad they don't advertise the commercial with sound.  When I received the item and turned it on my 3 dogs ran for cover.  There is no way they will let me come near them with the mini plane engine item.

Don't waste your time or money