Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
As Seen on TV
As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard

As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard

Cons

The Chop Wizard Chopper is great for everyday use.

I have a large famly and preparing food takes time and effort. My four sisters and I used to sit and peel and dice up potatoes by hand to make delicious mashed potatoes. I regreted it everytime when my mother threw a sack of potatoes on the table, I just knew what we were going to have to do. Recently, I purchased an item that changed the way I felt about cooking. I purchased the Chop Wizard Chopper. This product is amazing. All I have to was peel and put a half potato into the top lid of the chopper and push. The potatoes were chopped up in little squares. The best thing I like about it was that the chopped potatoes did'nt go onto the counter. The Wizard Chopper has a measuring container that attatches to the chopper itself. The measuring container made it easy to hold the potatoes until ready to put into water. The Wizard Chopper also has a second blade if you choose to dice a different way. This product is also amazing for children. When making snacks for children and need to make small pieces of fruit, have your child push down the top of the chopper. Your child will feel like he or she participated in making his own delicious snack. I highly recommend the product for everyone, especially large famiies and those who have children. I know love to be in my kitchen preparing different dishes, because the Chop Wizard Chopper is easy and fun to use with everything!

Breaks easily and very hard to clean

Do not waste your money nor your time with this product. Twice I have bought this and both times the hinge on it has broken. It is made of a flimsy plastic and it is very hard to get the onion to properly chop. You have to cut up the onion first for it to work and then what is the point of using it if you have to cut up into small section first anyway? It is very hard to clean and I often find bits of onion still left in the metal cutting device. Which I don't know if you have ever smelled what left on onion smells like but it is not a pleasent scent. Yuck! The bottom part where the onions/veggies fall into is very small so you constantly have to dump it out before starting to chop your next onion/veggie. It does do a good job of keep the size of the chop uniform. But that is only when the thing actually works. While the price is very reasonable as they say you get what you pay for and this is just plain cheap. I will stick with old fashioned method of a sharp knife and cutting board.

Best little gadget I have ever used.

from Florida

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Convenient
  • Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy To Use

• Elaborate Meals
    • Large Kitchens
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I use it for everything that needs to be cut small especially onions. Peppers or anything with a skin has the skin facing away from the cutters so that the food isn't crushed first. I still am a little leery of the hinges so when I use it I just hit hard right over the cutters and then there is no strain on the hinge. Clean up is a breeze with the enclosed cleaning tool.

Flimsy Constructed, Poor Material

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Convenient

Cons

• Difficult To Clean
    • Flimsy Construction

• Large Kitchens

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I love the Vidalia Chopper, have used them for years.. 2 years ago I gave one to all members of our family, 20 units total.. While I do love the chopper, I find they have a fault. The ears on the base unit are VERY prone to breakage. I use the chopper only for veggies and never for nuts, nuts are mentioned by the manufacturer as an item to chop.
    I am on my THIRD chopper which broke last night. Nearly every person that I gave a chopper to has had the same failure, some twice. Something is wrong with so many failures, all have had the SAME failure, hinge ears breaking off. It is obvious to me that the material used is not strong enough to last. The ears need reinforcing or a more durable material to provide longer service life.
    I have spent quite a bit of money on these units. I will search for a similar product that I feel is better made before I spend any more money on the Vidalia Chopper
    I would recommend for occasional use only

Makes Cutting Onions Easy

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

The As Seen on TV Chop Wizard is a great product used for cutting vegetables. No more crying or tearing up while cutting onions. You simply put the onion in the cutting part and it chops the onion for you, and it goes in the holder part at the bottom for easy pick up. The onion comes out in perfect, evenly sliced pieces. You can chop an entire onion in under 5 seconds. With the pull-out piece at the bottom, all of your onions come out easily, without the mess. This is also good for carrots, bell peppers, jalapeños, and more. It is a bit tricky to clean, but if you have a dish washer, then you shouldn't have a problem cleaning it. The chopper lasts a few years, but be careful not to put too much in at once. For onions, I usually cut it in half before putting it in. You can't put the entire onion in at once, otherwise the product would break. It would be a better product if you could put more in, but it still is something that makes cooking more convenient.

Good Product

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

This Vidalia Chop Wizard is great. I can use to for many things and it's not so hard to clean. It does take a little strength and pre cutting to make it work really well, but it's worth it. It saves so much time and is really safe. I often let my little sister use it too. Very durable and affordable.

Will never be without it again!

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I held off on buying this product over a year, I was worried it was going to be yet another failed as seen on TV product. However, I found one at a yard sale barely used so figured I'd give it a go. I will be more than happy to pay full price if this one ever breaks. It is awesome! Used it to make pico de gallo from my garden, took care of everything, roma tomatoes, onion, cilantro, peppers. Took about 5-10 mins versus the 20+ it would have taken if I'd have cut them all by hand. I've also used this to make applesauce, cubes the apples right up for me for them to break down, no tedious cutting! Amazing little tool!! :D

Mine didn't come with the thingy to clean the part that pushes down, so it's a bit tedious to take a butterknife and run between each part, but well worth the effort for this little gadget.

I have slammed the lid down on this many times and not a hint of a crack!

Love that it's got the measures on the side so I know how much I've cut without having to use the measuring cup.

Chops Vegetables and Fruits Super Fast!

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

Love this product! Chops carrots, celery, apples, potatoes, etc in a short amount of time with minimal effort! Be aware, mushy things like oranges will just get stuck so don't try those. But it is perfect when making fruit salad or salsa or soup or anything that needs small bits.

works like expected

from Edison, NJ

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

This product is exactly as I expected. It works great with soft fruits and vegetables but not so great with harder foods. I like that you can chop up multiple things and that they all look uniform; cutting with a nice usually causes some pieces to be bigger than other. Cleaning however was not a problem. Basically the chop wizard is exactly what you would anticipate it to be.

LOVE IT ! ! ! !

from Plainfield, IL

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I love this and would never hand chop anything again. I use this for everything. It is so easy to use and is so light weight unlike a food processor.

Everyone should have one in their kitchen.

Only problem cleaning is the inside of the lid, but their cleaning tool is effective!

No cutting board needed!

from Bloxom, VA

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

Although you still have to prepare the veggies you chop, and cut them into pieces that will fit into the chopper, this is truly a time saver! It is a bit of a pain to clean, but the tool that comes with the chopper makes short work of getting particles of food out of the grid on the lid. What I like best is that I can chop all my eggs for egg salad and swap out the blades for a smaller cut and chop my onion and celery right into the egg without washing a cutting board!

As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard Chopper, Life is Good

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about As Seen on TV Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I purchased this for myself, my daughter and my sister. I love it. It is a great invention. It makes my life so much easier, especially in the summer time when I am making a lot of salads for a barbecue. It chops everything so evenly and you can cut them bigger or smaller. I always seem to use the smaller one. My first one fell and a piece fell off of it. I still used it until I got another one. It is easy to pull out of the cabinet. It seems to me that a lot of recipes called for something chopped, whether it be peppers, onions, etc.. It isn't to bad to clean. You do need to use the little tool they give you to get any pieces that are stuck in the blade. It is dishwasher safe also, but I like to hand wash it first. It is so easy to use that my 5 year old grandson helps me chop. I am right there, because I don't want him to get his fingers in it. I also like that it has the measures on the attached container. It really does simplify chopping.