3.9
As Seen on TV
As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System

As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System

3.9

Mom has one and I want it!

My mom has one of these and I love it so much, lol. I am not really sure how many containers came with it, but it was alot. There were all sorts of sizes, all came with their own lids. And it all fits so conveniently in this little lazy susan type thing.  I had always wondered where she got that thing from, because it is super useful and handy. I love the fact that everything has it's own special place. The part that holds all the containers and lids saves so much space it is a really great, simple idea. Designed equally as well.

I know she has bought other products that try to accomplish the same thing, but for some reason they just end up getting displaced and lost. Then you have all sorts of bowls and containers without matching lids. And it just gets frustrating.

I really need to pick one of these up, when I need more dishes, haha. The set in the picture is blue, the one my momma has is red.

Adds convenience, but still not the end-all solution

I registered for the **As Seen on TV Smart Spin Storage System** because it seemed like a very smart idea.  It turns out that it is a decent idea and a decent product, but don't expect it to solve all your food storage needs!

**On the Plus Side**In less than 1 square foot, you can now store 24 containers and 24 lids in a neat organized spinning carousel.  The carousel snaps together in minutes and you then put the containers into any of the 4 sections until it's all filled up.  The carousel pulls out and spins so you can turn it to the size you want and easily pull off the top container.

The containers come in 3 sizes: 8 oz, 16 oz and 24 oz.  However they are designed to get larger vertically so that the lid size is the same for all 3 sizes.  This means no more searching for the correct lid!  The smaller sizes are good for dips, candy, or small things you want to bring to lunch.

The containers are microwaveable and dishwasher safe.  The lids snap on pretty easy and come off pretty easy as well.  I haven't tested, but I don't think they would leak very easily.

**On the Down Side**The commercials would have you think that this set will replace all of your food storage containers, but that is not possible.  The 24 oz one is about big enough for a can of soup and that's about it.  If you want to store left over food, you are going to still need your bigger tupperware.  So don't expect to replace all of your tupperware with this.

Second problem is that it was not easy for me to find a spot for this.  I still needed my regular larger tupperware in it's regular spot, so I had to dig around for a spot for this.  My only available cabinets were less than 1 foot wide so I had to rearrange to make room for this.  I'm thinking that I might get rid of the carousel and just stack up the containers and lids somewhere else.

**Final Decision**In the end, I like this because I always have need for small containers for lunch items, however it is not as great as I had expected.  It's a good idea but it's not something you can use for all your food storage needs, just for a few of them.  If you are in the need of smaller containers, I would definitely recommend this.  However, if you are only buying this because you think it will replace all your tupperware, then think again.  Enjoy!!

Still going strong, but could use some upgrading ideas.

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

I would give the Smart Spin a full 10 if there was a way to add larger containers. Don't get me wrong, the idea is a fantastic one with all the containers out there today to help with storing leftovers or taking a quick snack along with you. It's wonderful that there is ONE size for the lid instead of trying to find the one that matches to container you found to store a little bit of left-over lasagna in. I bought one for my mom, and then one for myself, since she could not be the only one with one! My mom didn't really care for it. I guess she prefers searching for lids or keeping containers and lids together to stack up and take up extra space instead of using something that takes up less space and doesn't require you stack lids with their containers in your cabinet. So, I got her, too, now! Love it!! Lots of containers with little space to put them! It's great!!

Now, to make this a better product, the could at least make a set where there are two or three different spinners with different sized containers, or shapes, to fit more needs. If there was one set that had short and longer rectangular shapes for cookies or `slices of cake, that would be fantastic! Or, there could be a set with round containers where squares just won't work.

Again, this is a great product, a fabulous idea, and it is something that has lasted for me for about 7 years or so. If there is someone out there that is part of the team that created this product, please consider adding to the collection! Just a wishful thought.

Makes food storage a lot easier!

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

The smart spin storage system is a great place to store all of the different sizes of containers that you need to put leftovers in. I love mine because I just put it up in the cupboard because I didn't want it taking up counter space, and it is lightweight and easy to pull in and out when I need it. I don't have to search for lids to containers anymore because they are right there with the containers, and I never have to search for the perfect sized containers anymore because they are also right there where I need them to be. It makes storing food a whole lot easier. When I have a bunch of food from dinner out all over my counter, I don't want to have to go digging through cupboards to find storage containers, and this way, I don't have to. This also makes organization so much easier. Instead of having to worry about where to put all the loose tupperware, you just simply stack the containers and lids in the storage system. This is also pretty durable for the price.

it does as it claims but not useful for everything

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

product is what it claims to be but I found it less useful then I thought. The system can be stored in a small space it rotates so you can find the right size and I do like that the lids all fit every container. I hate digging for a lid for a storage container so the universal lid system makes this even more appealing. but you cant put some left over pizza in it or a sandwich etc.... so this product can not replace all those other containers in my pantry and so it becomes ANOTHER thing to fit in there. so instead of using less space for my containers it becomes another set of containers. if you have more use to this size and can replace other it might be a good option for you but I found large plastic storage bags take up almost no room in pantry can be used to store anything and don't have to be washed afterward.... however this is system is better for the environment then the plastic bags.

Everything in one place!

from McCloud, CA

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

I've had my Smart Spin for over 6 years now and LOVE it! My kitchen is relatively small, and I didn't really have anywhere to keep a myriad of small storage containers. I'd tried different solutions to this problem,  (At one point I even had them hanging in bags from hooks in my pantry!) with no success.

Then, like so many others, I saw the commercial on TV and thought, "What the heck? Worth a shot."  I'm so glad I did! I love the fact that it doesn't take up very much space. It sits on a shelf in my kitchen and takes up less space than the container I store my flour in. However, the thing I love most about this is the one-size-fits-all lids! No more digging around trying to find a lid to match the bottom! Perfect!

I will acknowledge that the containers themselves are not the most durable... Especially when your toddlers decide to use the tall ones as bowling pins. :)  I have over the course of the past six years purchased a replacement set of containers. However, I figure it's worth the hassle of replacing them.

More Containers...

from Corinth, NY

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

This storage system is pretty cool, but if I had a chance to try it and review it first I wouldn't own it. Yes it saves some space, but it is still a pain. They are a hard plastic, but they still crack. The bonus to them is that every part has its own space, and it all goes on this spinner rack. The spinner rack is big though. You still need counter space. You get 3 sizes and lids. The lids stay on pretty good (I did the leak test on my friend. She was mad, but at least she was dry. ^_^) No Leaks! The smallest size is good for saving space in the fridge or anywhere for that matter, when you only have a little bit left of something, but don't want a HUGE container to put it in. The medium size is decent as well. You can almost fit a full can of spaghetti and meatballs (chef boyardee). Same thing, good for certain portions. Now the last size, kinda erks me. It is bigger yes, but when you think something will fit, you will have just a little left over. So I wind up making another dish dirty by looking for another container anyway.

All in all it is not a bad product, there are just better products out there is all. Believe it or not, I used them more for arts and crafts than anything.

smart spin storage system good product

from Somerset, PA

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

The smart spin storage system is a good product. I really like that you can store eveything in one place. No need to look for anything, it keeps all the containers and lids all in one place, its all in one storage unit. I like the idea that the same size lid fits all the containersThe system is easy to clean and you can put it anywhere, on your counter top or in your cupboard. Whenstored in the cupboard it slides out for easy access; very good idea. The kids will enjoy using it to. Gives them a sense of helping, they love to get the containers out and also put them away. The price s very reasonable and affordable. Its just a good product all around.. It all stays neat and organized. I wold reccommend this product to my family and friends.

Keeps my organizer side at peace!

from Grayson, GA

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

I absolutely hate all the storage containers and lids...and the missing lids that clutter up the counter space.  I use to have to get down there once a week and make sure all the containers are stacked and still have matching lids and didn't look like a bomb went off.  This system has made my cabinet space more useful and less stressful.  The storage containers are great sizes for my family, and all the containers use the same size lids (what a concept)!  This means, even if you are missing a lid, you can still save the container.  The containers definitely get to have a longer life at our house this way.  I also like I can pull the holder out to find the container size I'm looking for and then set it easily back in the cabinet.  It's a no hassle system that makes saving leftovers a lot less stressful and complicated.  I would like to see them make a set where you can just find the storage containers as you need replacements; right now you can just buy it with another rack.  Also, I would like to see them design maybe another kit with larger storage containers.  These sizes do the trick for us at home, but it's just 2 of us.  When we cook for larger groups and have more leftovers, we do usually have to use some of our other brand containers.

Excellent Food Storage Containers / Wobbly Storage Unit

from Claymont, DE

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

My sister bought these for my mother and she loves them. The three sizes of container allow for storage of many different foods. The lids attach securely and snap on and off without much difficulty, which is important for my mother who has sever arthritis in her hands.The lids all fit ALL of the containers which are uniform in the size of the opening and simply increase in depth.

The major downfall of this unit is that the storage device is extremely wobbly. Although it is designed to rotate it does not turn with ease and it wiggles back and forth with inconsistency. Also, the company doesn't appear to sell replacement parts. When the lids have disappeared, or if you leave a container behind at a friend's house you are forced to purchase an entire new unit to replace your missing containers. This seems awfully wasteful, both from a manufacturing standpoint and from an environmental stance as you continually purchase unnecessary new storage units.

Love these containers!

from Kinzers, PA

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

Someone bought me these containers as a wedding gift and I love them so much I'm asking for another set of them for Christmas. I love having all of them right there along with their lids. It is so nice to not have everything falling over and making a mess in the cabinet. They hold up great in the dishwasher and microwave and the lids are really tight too. I really hope someone gets me another set for Christmas.

The Smart Spin is quite the space saver.

from Colona, IL

Comments about As Seen On TV Smart Spin Storage System:

The Smart Spin Storage System has been a great addition to my kitchen space saving projects. I used to save all my butter containers and what not to use for all my leftovers. I would stack after stack of all these different containers that didn't fit together in any way. Then there was this pile of lids. What a mess. Then you had to tear through them all to find the right size you were looking for. Oh, and don't forget, now you have to locate the lid that fits that container. Well, along came the Smart Spin Storage System. The only thing to assemble are the arms that seperate the sections. Just snap them into place and stack the three different sized containers in their own column. The lids go in a column to themselves. Place it in the cabinet and you are done. I don't use them in the microwave (I don't microwave in anything plastic anymore) but I do put them in the dishwasher. You'll never struggle through a pile of containers to find the right one with a lid to fit.