3.5
15900-1
As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System

As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System

3.5

Love what it does & doesn't do!

I bought the Fitness Quest Ab Lounge because I needed something that was off the floor and that would support my back and neck and would help me strengthen my core muscles. My back problems, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis and a couple other health issues prevent me from participating in a lot of other activities and sports that would otherwise be beneficial. I chose this piece of fitness equipment because it seemed to meet my needs. Not only that but it is also very easy to store out of the way - another requirement as we don't have a lot of space.  Once I saw the price I was convinced that this is the fitness equipment for me since I am always looking for great values.  The only negative thing I found with the Fitness Quest Ab Lounge was that it wasn't as easy as I expected it to be to put together.  For that I required the service of my husband - and for which I am still waiting! lol You guessed it I haven't been able to use it yet. But once my husband has time to put it together I will be so excited to finally get to use it. And I fully expect it to meet all my other requirements competely.

The AB lounge XL is interesting..

The AB lounge xl is huge and I'm of split opinions on that. The regular ab lounge seemed small and easy to manhandle into doing what it was supposed to do, with limited effort. Which is why we chose the bigger model. This one is roomy and a bit harder to use because it is so big.

It came with a Cd for instructions, as well as a booklet that answers just about any question you have on it.

It does fold-down but I'm not impressed at the efforts need to do it. That entails removing two of the rubber bands and then folding. Then reattaching to set up.

This thing does lock-down well and there is no worry of it folding on you or collapsing to the floor.

Does it do any good? The 3 of us agree that it is easy, fun at first, boring after a short time, and even following the routines none of us saw a difference in our body shape after 6 months of use.

I'm thinking that this would be great start for those who get no exorcise at all, or are extremely over weight, and need to start slow. It will easily get you moving and bending again, as well as getting your body use to no impact exorcise. But for the person looking to tone up his body, this is useless..

***************UPDATE**********************

I have to say for my abs this useless, for my back it priceless. We put it away to gather dust quite a while ago, giving it evil looks as we did so. Since then I've developed back problems, and my posture was awefull. So I gave it a final evil look and pulled it back out. It's been 2 months now and I've improved in back posture and I'm more limber that's for sure. And you know what? That nice long stretch just feels good too!

No abs for me

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

When I got this Ab Lounge XL System I expected to workout, see results, and be satisfied. I was let down. This Ab chair hasn't given me the results I wanted at all, and I use it often. After using it, my back hurts, and I feel uncomfortable. I never get a good workout, but it does stretch me out.

Great stomach toner

from Atwood, OK

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

I have seen this on tv for a while and have wanted to try it out my daughters cheerleading coach put one in the parents lounge I tried it and really like it so I decided to purchase one myself as well as one for my mother. I have to say that you can feel the burn immediately.I am really excited about getting started on a program to try to tone my stomach muscles but so far I am impressed.

The AB lounge XL is interesting..

from Navarre, FL

***************UPDATE**********************

Easy to use

from Bunker Hill, WV

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

I got this product after having my son 2 1/2 years ago.  I used this product fairly regular but didn't noticed any change in my abs ... I guess I should explain that I had a C- section & I was 37 years old when my son was born so it does take a lot more to get back where you were starting from.  However,  I noticed more of the effect on my back which was great it was one of the best streches I've ever had on my back but  it didn't help tighten my abs especially my lower abs.  I used this product for the whole time I was off from work aobut two months & when I started back to work I used it about every other day for about a year and a half finally I decided it wasn't wworth the time since the results were not visable so Irecently sold the  product in a yard sale this past summer and I really hope the person that bought it has better  results than I did.  At least it was easy to do & there was no pain involved

What an ab workout!!!

from Montrose, WV

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

If you want to work on those abs this is a great machine to do it with.  I have had mine for over a year now and it is just wonderful.  I bought my brother in law one, and now my Mom has one.  It's just a great machine to work with.  And what a stretch out.  Doesn't hurt the back work at your pace.

Better than the floor, but a hassle to set up and store.

from Lansing, MI

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

For the most part, I like the Ab Lounge.  It sure beats getting on the hard floor and trying to do crunches.  I like that it extends beyond a flat position, so you can get a larger range of motion.  That seems to work your abs better.  I also like that you can position your body sideways to work your obliques and your hips won't hurt from doing it.  The timer was a nice feature, but it was kind of off at times, and it eventually broke all together.  I did like that you can hang on to the strap above while you're doing your workout.  It makes you feel secure and you kind of feel like you're not even doing an ab workout.  It's kind of like a toy.  It's not very convenient though.  You either have to take it apart and fold it up, then find a place to put it, or you have to find a large spot for it to sit permanently.  It has a pretty big footprint, so it's kind of an eyesore if you don't feel like tearing it down.  Overall, though, it was good to me.

Love what it does & doesn't do!

from Leominster, MA

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

False and misleading claims.

from Channahon, IL

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

Another infomercial trap. Equipment like this will not accomplish effective core strength training. Claims made are faulty and misleading. Statements about this equipment promoting "spot reduction" of abdominal fat are entirely false. Read the fine print before you purchase.

not as good as I thought it would be

from Green Bay, WI

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

I bought the ab lounger and started using it right away. It was very limited as to what you can do with it. I don't think I got very good results with it. I would not recommend wasting your money on it.

Works as promised and really helps save upper back.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about As Seen On TV Ab Lounge XL System:

Bought this for my spouse but I ended up using it every week.  Works great.  Keeps body in allignement and helps to relax the upper shoulders by supporting that area.  Easy to use while watching tv.  Can do more advanced moves that work your abs more then if were doing crunches on the floor.  Low time commitment to learn how to use and to do a set.